1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    They certainly did Jack! Thanks again! :) :thumbsup:

That pie looks delicious, enjoy my friend! :thumbsup: Don’t work too hard Jack! ;)

Jack Black likes this.
  2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I really enjoyed your photos from those forest skate-trails last year Dan, and am sure I'm not alone. You really seem to make the most of life my friend :) I have never skated in my life I'm afraid, there aren't even many indoor rinks here, and if you don't learn as a child, you're probably not going to. I remember, when I was a youth-worker, taking a load of kids to an ice-rink, and one of my colleagues warned me, "Unless you're a very good skater, DON'T get on the ice with those kids, or you'll probably end with a broken leg or ankle!" :eek: :rolleyes: Great video Dan :) :thumbsup:

:) :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, the clock here in Yorkshire is ticking away towards BEER O'CLOCK!!!! :D Have a great weekend pal :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Old pic I'm afraid :(

3. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    There were a couple Black Bear Diners near us back in Arizona (although we didn’t know it until we stopped at another on our way back from Vegas and saw the list of locations on the menu). Good food, huge portions (even compared to Cracker Barrel). Eleanor like to go there and sit back, have a cup of coffee and read the paper. :D

[​IMG]

Don’t worry, the bears there are pretty tame. ;)

[​IMG]

That’s a substantial pile of leaves! We got lucky this year, lots of windy days that blew a lot of our leaves (at least from the front yard) down the hill and into the woods. I still have a truck bed full of bagged leaves (tightly compacted) to haul to our town’s designated drop-off. Last year I had at least twice as many.

Those sleds are interesting, Dan, and I still think the skate-through-the-woods thing is really cool! :thumbsup: Eleanor (4-years-old) was asking me about learning to skate just the other day. She asked when the last time I’d been (ice) skating was, and I realized it’s probably been 20 years or more. I wonder if it’s like riding a bike? :confused: :D

I think I’ll enjoy this treat later today. (Does anyone else like these? My grandparents used to buy them for us when we were kids, and I think they’re great, but I don’t personally know too many people who like them, or have even tried one. I think they’re most common in/originally from Texas. Easy to find in Arkansas and Oklahoma, not so much in Minnesota.)

[​IMG]

4. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Maybe an oldie but sure is a goodie:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D I like how the flower on the blade etching g matches up with the one on the beer glass.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  5. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  6. donn

donn Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 14, 2002
    They look great! I need one of them. But with wheels on. :D
    Looking forward to your snow pics whenever that arrives in force. :thumbsup:

You beat me to it Jack. Yip, the miller has a Sheffield blade. :thumbsup:
    Only 'cos I read that tale last year. :D

Thanks gents. :thumbsup:

Between 10 and 7'ish years ago the UK had a series of very bad winters. I bought some 'Yaktrax' which I was very pleased with.:thumbsup:
    Though not particularly robust enough for off-road walks.

Eleanor has coffee?? :D I remember once giving my two year old nephew some coffee years ago. :eek::eek:
    That was a fun few hours... :oops::eek:

That's great you can still get hold of your favourite snack. :thumbsup: I hope it's not shrunk over the years like everything here has. :D

An old pic but what I've been doing for the past few hours.
    [​IMG]

7. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I may have some yaktrax around here somewhere. Another thing to look out for while cleaning and sorting.

donn and Jack Black like this.
  8. Dschal

Dschal

Mar 18, 2016
    I was skeptical for a while, but everyone in the White Mountains of New Hampshire was using Kahtoola Microspikes, and I eventually became converted. Fine for winter hiking on packed trails, and above tree line on mixed rock and ice (that's not technical).

scrteened porch and Jack Black like this.
  9. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Beautiful photo.:) And very ironic, 20 years ago i started reading about the demise of newspapers, they would all disappear within 20 years, by the end of the 2020 decade:eek: They're still here, just sayin'.:rolleyes:
    Everyone have a good weekend, from here looks like chaos and troubling times every time i turn the news on. Stay safe, and take care.:)

Fodderwing, Jack Black and btb01 like this.
  10. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Thank you, Jack. I have not read any official cost estimates but I suspect that they will be astronomically high - not only did we lose a lot of our natural attractions like parks, forests, etc. but many people also lost their homes and businesses - really devastating all around.

The Lagavulin 9 is a good drop - it doesn't match the intensity of the 16, which makes it more approachable to those who aren't as keen on Islays as I am. I don't know if the 9 is one that was a special release for the Game of Thrones enthusiasts or if it is a regular offering of theirs. I've had the Jameson Black Barrel and it is a very drinkable whiskey - quite enjoyable.

Thank you, David. I certainly feel like my house was built or remodeled by a crew of college students who are pursuing their liberal arts degrees. On the bright side, I am able to get it done right every time I have to fix something...

Thank you, Dennis! Good to see you here, I hope you are keeping well.

I don't know a lot about Spanish wines but I am getting ready to uncork this one and enjoy a fine evening. The 2018 Ebony makes for fine accompaniment.

[​IMG]

11. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Checking in. Still going strong with the AC daily carry. It’s been on a camping trip and a day of community service projects this week. No pictures, unfortunately as we had tech-free fun. I cut some tape and cardboard today so the patina has some streaks now.
    64826A96-70F5-4960-B1A8-EA2D89239ACF.jpeg

12. Henry Beige

Henry Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2015

Pearson’s Nut Goodie is made right here in Saint Paul. It’s an institution. Have you tried one? Too sweet for me.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    Jack Black and btb01 like this.
  13. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Gracias mi amigo :)

It probably is like riding a bike Barret.
    Eleanor is certainly at the perfect age to learn :thumbsup:
    I had only roller skated and ride a skateboard back in Argentina growing up. When my youngest was about your daughter's age we started skating as a family and I bought my skates.
    Just make sure you have a helmet ... trust me on that one lol

Thank you David :)
    We now just want winter to come and stop teasing us so we can go try them out lol.

Here are the ones with wheels you are looking for :cool::D
    (we took this video last summer 2019)
    btw, we went to the war of 1812 monument, to the cannon you were asking the other day if it was actually from those times

Hey Guardians, just finished giving my ebony lamb a spa treatment. Flushed the joints, sharpened it wicked sharp and oiled it :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

14. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    You've done a good shop sharpening.:thumbsup:

CelloDan likes this.
  15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    LOL! :D Those are great pics Barrett :) Me and my Ellie used to hang out in cafes a lot, but she was the SLOWEST eater! :rolleyes: Her own daughter is just the opposite! :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks a lot Bill :) :thumbsup:

I hope you don't need it anytime David! ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Good for you mate, hope you had a good evening :) :thumbsup:

That's terrible Dylan :( It sounds like it's going to take a long time to repair the damage :(

I'll look out for the Lagavulin 9-year old Dylan, I value your judgement my friend :) I hope you enjoyed your wine and cigar :) That's a great pic of your ebony '18 :cool: :thumbsup:

Sounds like you and your AC have been busy Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Great video Dan, that looks like a lot of fun :cool: I was thinking of getting one of the electric ones to get about on when the first lockdown was on here, but they were all sold out here at the time, and now the roads are back to normal (traffic is pretty horrendous where I live) :( I had motor-bikes when I was younger, but only learned to ride a bicycle in my early 40's! :eek: :rolleyes: Nice spa treatment, and that looks like a great edge. I rarely do anything with my knives beyond sharpening them, but I should get round to having a spa day myself :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, it's a dull, dreary day here I'm afraid, and I'm not going for my regular Saturday hike :( I missed Old Friends Friday yesterday, but I thought I'd slip this Old Friend in my pocket today. Hope everyone has a great weekend :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

16. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

Prester John, Fodderwing, WHT and 6 others like this.
  17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I was about to have a shave when the postie turned up with some goodies for me :)

[​IMG]

Post-shave, I remembered I had some apple pie in the fridge - not sure how I could have forgotten! :D :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

18. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Thanks Leon, now my daughters are in utter shock at all the bald patches in my arms :eek: ( and to be honest I am a little self conscious too... good think long sleeves weather is here now :D )

Oh man ... of course .... :D... that should have been my comeback lol.
    I am a little slow to pick on nuance ( and at times the not so nuanced obvious lol )

She is precious Jack :)

peanutsxx, Fodderwing and Jack Black like this.
  19. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Dan, that ebony look great.

CelloDan likes this.
  20. Dschal

Dschal

Mar 18, 2016
    So much Parsley, so little Thyme.
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, Pàdruig, donn and 11 others like this.