Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

LOL! :D I'd forgotten about that one Ron, Wright's had some nice ebony in stock at that time :) :thumbsup:
They certainly did Jack! Thanks again! :) :thumbsup:

I've just been for a walk a short (3 mile) walk, and bumped into an apple pie while I was out ;) :D :thumbsup:

Lpu47BS.jpg

I'm just having a slice with a cup of coffee before I dive into Round 2 of the housework :rolleyes:
That pie looks delicious, enjoy my friend! :thumbsup: Don’t work too hard Jack! ;)

Hi Jack, they are not very common here either although you see them once in while at the Rideau Canal in Ottawa where they make a 7.5 km long skate way.

They came from Finland were they are popular and they use them on hard packed "s--w" (lol) with runners or on frozen lakes without the runners.

We are looking forward to used them in the "skate though the forest" trails that have opened not long ago close to home. This year they have expanded the trails even more :thumbsup:

We'll also use them in the public trails close to home if they get hard/packed snow ( oops I just jinxed myself :D ... it's ok I have a kick sled now :cool: )

My wife did not quite get into skating last year as she felt uneasy having not skated in many years.
We are excited as the sleds will allow us to enjoy the outdoors together more :thumbsup:

edit:

from last year adventures :)

I really enjoyed your photos from those forest skate-trails last year Dan, and am sure I'm not alone. You really seem to make the most of life my friend :) I have never skated in my life I'm afraid, there aren't even many indoor rinks here, and if you don't learn as a child, you're probably not going to. I remember, when I was a youth-worker, taking a load of kids to an ice-rink, and one of my colleagues warned me, "Unless you're a very good skater, DON'T get on the ice with those kids, or you'll probably end with a broken leg or ankle!" :eek: :rolleyes: Great video Dan :) :thumbsup:

Yup, thanks to you.
We had an extra long and cold winter two years ago, and a mild, open one last year. Hoping this is all the snow we get this year:
YqQR6n3.jpg

:) :thumbsup:

They certainly did Jack! Thanks again! :) :thumbsup:

That pie looks delicious, enjoy my friend! :thumbsup: Don’t work too hard Jack! ;)

Thanks Ron, the clock here in Yorkshire is ticking away towards BEER O'CLOCK!!!! :D Have a great weekend pal :) :thumbsup:

JXW02gO.jpg

Old pic I'm afraid :(

We had been going to a Cracker Barrel periodically, but then they built a Black Bear Diner closer to us, and it's been pretty good! Not sure if they've moved out towards your direction yet... Breakfast, it's not just for Breakfast anymore!:D

There were a couple Black Bear Diners near us back in Arizona (although we didn’t know it until we stopped at another on our way back from Vegas and saw the list of locations on the menu). Good food, huge portions (even compared to Cracker Barrel). Eleanor like to go there and sit back, have a cup of coffee and read the paper. :D

JvsJ6Qy.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Dennis! :) We've got plenty of Black Bears near here, but I'm not up to having breakfast with one of them! :rolleyes: ;)

I don't think I'd fancy having breakfast with a Black Bear either Ron! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Don’t worry, the bears there are pretty tame. ;)

Tf1c0un.jpg

Hey there Guardians, haven't checked in for a bit. Hope everyone is doing well. The season of never ending leaves is upon us here. Lots of mature trees and living on the bend of a large L street means the whole neighborhood's leaves blow down the street and into our yard :rolleyes: They can be a pain, but they're great brown material for the compost bin. Here's a shot of the first days work. The yard is already full again and many trees still haven't begun to shed yeto_O
rAVtaEf.jpg

SwUmBm5.jpg

That’s a substantial pile of leaves! We got lucky this year, lots of windy days that blew a lot of our leaves (at least from the front yard) down the hill and into the woods. I still have a truck bed full of bagged leaves (tightly compacted) to haul to our town’s designated drop-off. Last year I had at least twice as many.

Hi Jack, they are not very common here either although you see them once in while at the Rideau Canal in Ottawa where they make a 7.5 km long skate way.

They came from Finland were they are popular and they use them on hard packed "s--w" (lol) with runners or on frozen lakes without the runners.

We are looking forward to used them in the "skate though the forest" trails that have opened not long ago close to home. This year they have expanded the trails even more :thumbsup:

We'll also use them in the public trails close to home if they get hard/packed snow ( oops I just jinxed myself :D ... it's ok I have a kick sled now :cool: )

My wife did not quite get into skating last year as she felt uneasy having not skated in many years.
We are excited as the sleds will allow us to enjoy the outdoors together more :thumbsup:

edit:

from last year adventures :)

Those sleds are interesting, Dan, and I still think the skate-through-the-woods thing is really cool! :thumbsup: Eleanor (4-years-old) was asking me about learning to skate just the other day. She asked when the last time I’d been (ice) skating was, and I realized it’s probably been 20 years or more. I wonder if it’s like riding a bike? :confused: :D

I think I’ll enjoy this treat later today. (Does anyone else like these? My grandparents used to buy them for us when we were kids, and I think they’re great, but I don’t personally know too many people who like them, or have even tried one. I think they’re most common in/originally from Texas. Easy to find in Arkansas and Oklahoma, not so much in Minnesota.)

ZPtSZb2.jpg

I really enjoyed your photos from those forest skate-trails last year Dan, and am sure I'm not alone. You really seem to make the most of life my friend :) I have never skated in my life I'm afraid, there aren't even many indoor rinks here, and if you don't learn as a child, you're probably not going to. I remember, when I was a youth-worker, taking a load of kids to an ice-rink, and one of my colleagues warned me, "Unless you're a very good skater, DON'T get on the ice with those kids, or you'll probably end with a broken leg or ankle!" :eek: :rolleyes: Great video Dan :) :thumbsup:

:) :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, the clock here in Yorkshire is ticking away towards BEER O'CLOCK!!!! :D Have a great weekend pal :) :thumbsup:

JXW02gO.jpg

Old pic I'm afraid :(
Maybe an oldie but sure is a goodie:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D I like how the flower on the blade etching g matches up with the one on the beer glass.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Assembling two Kicksparks, the formula one model of kicksleds, for my wife and I this winter :thumbsup::)

I will go a little slower on mine because of the basket to carry a thermos full of hot chocolate :cool:

See if you can spot my ebony lamb ... he is raring to go outside this winter :D

84lBkW9.jpg

They look great! I need one of them. But with wheels on. :D
Looking forward to your snow pics whenever that arrives in force. :thumbsup:

lIpwa0g.jpg

I wonder if any of the pilgrims carried a lambsfoot....

I think the Miller might have :rolleyes: ;) :D :thumbsup:

“A Sheffield thwitel baar he in his hose.”

You beat me to it Jack. Yip, the miller has a Sheffield blade. :thumbsup:
Only 'cos I read that tale last year. :D

Thanks for the photos David! :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic photos David, looks like you had some great weather my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks gents. :thumbsup:

I don't know if these Chinese crampons will work. I have some little tungsten spikes that do, but they make a sucking noise which makes me self-conscious.
zph6q4V.jpg

Blackadder and Old Toffeewings together.

Between 10 and 7'ish years ago the UK had a series of very bad winters. I bought some 'Yaktrax' which I was very pleased with.:thumbsup:
Though not particularly robust enough for off-road walks.

Eleanor like to go there and sit back, have a cup of coffee and read the paper. :D

JvsJ6Qy.jpg

Eleanor has coffee?? :D I remember once giving my two year old nephew some coffee years ago. :eek::eek:
That was a fun few hours... :oops::eek:

That's great you can still get hold of your favourite snack. :thumbsup: I hope it's not shrunk over the years like everything here has. :D

An old pic but what I've been doing for the past few hours.
qTNlnTD.jpg

Between 10 and 7'ish years ago the UK had a series of very bad winters. I bought some 'Yaktrax' which I was very pleased with.:thumbsup:
Though not particularly robust enough for off-road walks.
I may have some yaktrax around here somewhere. Another thing to look out for while cleaning and sorting.

I was skeptical for a while, but everyone in the White Mountains of New Hampshire was using Kahtoola Microspikes, and I eventually became converted. Fine for winter hiking on packed trails, and above tree line on mixed rock and ice (that's not technical).

Eleanor like to go there and sit back, have a cup of coffee and read the paper. :D
Beautiful photo.:) And very ironic, 20 years ago i started reading about the demise of newspapers, they would all disappear within 20 years, by the end of the 2020 decade:eek: They're still here, just sayin'.:rolleyes:
Everyone have a good weekend, from here looks like chaos and troubling times every time i turn the news on. Stay safe, and take care.:)

Thank you very much Dylan, I hope you're able to get out soon. That's terrible about the devastation caused by the wildfires :( Do you know what the estimates are for the recovery of those areas? My reasons for exploring new walks are related to the Coronavirus/transport restrictions here, but I've discovered a lot of new walks, some of which are almost on my doorstep. I am looking forward to going further afield again at some point though :) :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your domestic issues mate, I hope you can get everything sorted out OK. I have still not seen the Lagavulin 9 on sale here, but I have an unopened 16-year old still tucked away ;) I really enjoyed the Jameson Black Barrel I had the other night, though it's very different. Another great pic my friend, and it's good to see your 2018 ebony :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. I have not read any official cost estimates but I suspect that they will be astronomically high - not only did we lose a lot of our natural attractions like parks, forests, etc. but many people also lost their homes and businesses - really devastating all around.

The Lagavulin 9 is a good drop - it doesn't match the intensity of the 16, which makes it more approachable to those who aren't as keen on Islays as I am. I don't know if the 9 is one that was a special release for the Game of Thrones enthusiasts or if it is a regular offering of theirs. I've had the Jameson Black Barrel and it is a very drinkable whiskey - quite enjoyable.

Reminds me of when I went to university years ago. They'd built some new student houses but when they'd erected the plaster board they'd hammered the tacks through all the water pipes.
Great photo as always. :thumbsup:

Thank you, David. I certainly feel like my house was built or remodeled by a crew of college students who are pursuing their liberal arts degrees. On the bright side, I am able to get it done right every time I have to fix something...

Nice and Nice, Dylan!:cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, Dennis! Good to see you here, I hope you are keeping well.

I don't know a lot about Spanish wines but I am getting ready to uncork this one and enjoy a fine evening. The 2018 Ebony makes for fine accompaniment.

bzAZZwQ.jpg

Checking in. Still going strong with the AC daily carry. It’s been on a camping trip and a day of community service projects this week. No pictures, unfortunately as we had tech-free fun. I cut some tape and cardboard today so the patina has some streaks now.
64826A96-70F5-4960-B1A8-EA2D89239ACF.jpeg

Great video Dan :) :thumbsup:

Gracias mi amigo :)

She asked when the last time I’d been (ice) skating was, and I realized it’s probably been 20 years or more. I wonder if it’s like riding a bike? :confused: :D

It probably is like riding a bike Barret.
Eleanor is certainly at the perfect age to learn :thumbsup:
I had only roller skated and ride a skateboard back in Argentina growing up. When my youngest was about your daughter's age we started skating as a family and I bought my skates.
Just make sure you have a helmet ... trust me on that one lol

Looking forward to your snow pics whenever that arrives in force. :thumbsup:

Thank you David :)
We now just want winter to come and stop teasing us so we can go try them out lol.

Here are the ones with wheels you are looking for :cool::D
(we took this video last summer 2019)
btw, we went to the war of 1812 monument, to the cannon you were asking the other day if it was actually from those times

Hey Guardians, just finished giving my ebony lamb a spa treatment. Flushed the joints, sharpened it wicked sharp and oiled it :thumbsup:

3mWSidI.jpg

I had only roller skated and ride a skateboard back in Argentina growing up. When my youngest was about your daughter's age we started skating as a family and I bought my skates.

We now just want winter to come and stop teasing us so we can go try them out lol.

btw, we went to the war of 1812 monument, to the cannon you were asking the other day if it was actually from those times

Hey Guardians, just finished giving my ebony lamb a spa treatment. Flushed the joints, sharpened it wicked sharp and oiled it :thumbsup:

3mWSidI.jpg
You've done a good shop sharpening.:thumbsup:

There were a couple Black Bear Diners near us back in Arizona (although we didn’t know it until we stopped at another on our way back from Vegas and saw the list of locations on the menu). Good food, huge portions (even compared to Cracker Barrel). Eleanor like to go there and sit back, have a cup of coffee and read the paper. :D

JvsJ6Qy.jpg

Don’t worry, the bears there are pretty tame. ;)

Tf1c0un.jpg

That’s a substantial pile of leaves! We got lucky this year, lots of windy days that blew a lot of our leaves (at least from the front yard) down the hill and into the woods. I still have a truck bed full of bagged leaves (tightly compacted) to haul to our town’s designated drop-off. Last year I had at least twice as many.

Those sleds are interesting, Dan, and I still think the skate-through-the-woods thing is really cool! :thumbsup: Eleanor (4-years-old) was asking me about learning to skate just the other day. She asked when the last time I’d been (ice) skating was, and I realized it’s probably been 20 years or more. I wonder if it’s like riding a bike? :confused: :D

I think I’ll enjoy this treat later today. (Does anyone else like these? My grandparents used to buy them for us when we were kids, and I think they’re great, but I don’t personally know too many people who like them, or have even tried one. I think they’re most common in/originally from Texas. Easy to find in Arkansas and Oklahoma, not so much in Minnesota.)

ZPtSZb2.jpg

LOL! :D Those are great pics Barrett :) Me and my Ellie used to hang out in cafes a lot, but she was the SLOWEST eater! :rolleyes: Her own daughter is just the opposite! :D :thumbsup:

ic66dmf.jpg

FMqcPV2.jpg

Maybe an oldie but sure is a goodie:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D I like how the flower on the blade etching g matches up with the one on the beer glass.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Bill :) :thumbsup:

I hope you don't need it anytime David! ;) :thumbsup:

SimplyMed-Rollator-Mobility-Walker-Four-Wheel-Rollator-Walker-Lightweight-Mobility-4-Wheel-Walker-Rollator-Mobility-Walking-Aid-Padde.jpg

An old pic but what I've been doing for the past few hours.
qTNlnTD.jpg

Good for you mate, hope you had a good evening :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. I have not read any official cost estimates but I suspect that they will be astronomically high - not only did we lose a lot of our natural attractions like parks, forests, etc. but many people also lost their homes and businesses - really devastating all around.

The Lagavulin 9 is a good drop - it doesn't match the intensity of the 16, which makes it more approachable to those who aren't as keen on Islays as I am. I don't know if the 9 is one that was a special release for the Game of Thrones enthusiasts or if it is a regular offering of theirs. I've had the Jameson Black Barrel and it is a very drinkable whiskey - quite enjoyable.

Thank you, David. I certainly feel like my house was built or remodeled by a crew of college students who are pursuing their liberal arts degrees. On the bright side, I am able to get it done right every time I have to fix something...

Thank you, Dennis! Good to see you here, I hope you are keeping well.

I don't know a lot about Spanish wines but I am getting ready to uncork this one and enjoy a fine evening. The 2018 Ebony makes for fine accompaniment.

bzAZZwQ.jpg

That's terrible Dylan :( It sounds like it's going to take a long time to repair the damage :(

I'll look out for the Lagavulin 9-year old Dylan, I value your judgement my friend :) I hope you enjoyed your wine and cigar :) That's a great pic of your ebony '18 :cool: :thumbsup:

Checking in. Still going strong with the AC daily carry. It’s been on a camping trip and a day of community service projects this week. No pictures, unfortunately as we had tech-free fun. I cut some tape and cardboard today so the patina has some streaks now.
View attachment 1454699

Sounds like you and your AC have been busy Joshua :) :thumbsup:

3mWSidI.jpg

Great video Dan, that looks like a lot of fun :cool: I was thinking of getting one of the electric ones to get about on when the first lockdown was on here, but they were all sold out here at the time, and now the roads are back to normal (traffic is pretty horrendous where I live) :( I had motor-bikes when I was younger, but only learned to ride a bicycle in my early 40's! :eek: :rolleyes: Nice spa treatment, and that looks like a great edge. I rarely do anything with my knives beyond sharpening them, but I should get round to having a spa day myself :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, it's a dull, dreary day here I'm afraid, and I'm not going for my regular Saturday hike :( I missed Old Friends Friday yesterday, but I thought I'd slip this Old Friend in my pocket today. Hope everyone has a great weekend :) :thumbsup:

BaaGj2o.jpg

You've done a good shop sharpening.:thumbsup:

Thanks Leon, now my daughters are in utter shock at all the bald patches in my arms :eek: ( and to be honest I am a little self conscious too... good think long sleeves weather is here now :D )

I hope you don't need it anytime David! ;) :thumbsup:

Oh man ... of course .... :D... that should have been my comeback lol.
I am a little slow to pick on nuance ( and at times the not so nuanced obvious lol )

Her own daughter is just the opposite! :D :thumbsup:

ic66dmf.jpg

She is precious Jack :)

3mWSidI.jpg
Dan, that ebony look great.

Back