1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Dan :) :thumbsup:

:D :D :thumbsup:

I've had a busy day today :rolleyes: Made a big pan of stew this afternoon. Most of it is going in the freezer, but I had a bowl - and dropped my Lambsfoot in TWICE! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Hope everyone is having a good day. I'm just having a cup of tea, and then I might crack open a bottle of wine ;) :thumbsup:

2. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    The dangers of Lambsfoot action photography, Jack ;):p:D

3. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Yes indeed Mike! :D One way to add some iron to my vitals! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

4. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    She has tried some of her mom’s decaf before (with milk), but that was more recently than that picture, which is from a few years ago (I think she was around 10 months old there). Eleanor has enough energy without adding caffeine to the mix. :D

They’re still the same size they were when I was a kid. You can even get a jumbo-sized one (4x the size of the normal one)…

[​IMG]

…and one shaped like Texas (twice the size of the jumbo, 8x bigger than the original.) :D

[​IMG]

Thanks! I should add that that restaurant has menus that look like newspapers, so the one Eleanor is “reading” there is just the kids menu. :D

When we first moved to Minnesota, we got the Star Tribune (local/MN newspaper) delivered on Sundays for several months. We didn’t sign up or ask for it, it just kept showing up. I can’t say that I read it more than a couple times, but I did the crossword (doing crosswords on a phone/computer just isn’t the same), and it provided at least a couple years worth of kindling for my charcoal chimney starter. :D

I have tried them. A very different sort of thing than the peanut patty, but pretty tasty. :thumbsup: (I do enjoy sweets, which is why I try not to keep them around too often.) :D

Thanks, Dan. I imagine I’d be able to get the hang of it again. A helmet is probably a good idea. I slipped on some ice in a parking lot of a couple years ago, legs went straight out from under me, rung my bell pretty good. :confused:

Your Ebony looks ready for action! :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack! Eleanor’s always been a good eater, there isn’t much that she doesn’t like, but when she was smaller she was very slow with certain foods. We got to the point where we didn’t like giving her chicken, because she’d chew on each bite like she was chewing gum. :D

Back before March, Eleanor and I used to go out for lunch all the time. It’s definitely one of the pre-pandemic things I miss the most. :(

That’s a cute kiddo, Jack! The bib she’s wearing is definitely accurate! :D :thumbsup:

I like that old-school lantern. :thumbsup: We bought an old Coleman lantern at a flea market a few years back, not because we intended to use it, but because it had “BROWN, J. L.” stenciled on the base (Julie’s initials). :D

Hope you enjoyed the pie! :thumbsup:

donn, Pt-Luso, Dschal and 5 others like this.
  5. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    I stopped doing that years ago.

CelloDan likes this.
  6. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Good afternoon Guardians! Hope y’all have a great weekend! :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

7. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you Jack. :)

Have a good'n y'all. IMG_5481.jpeg

8. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
  9. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  10. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Cool :cool:
    Love to zoom in your pics to capture the details in the vehicles :thumbsup:

Fodderwing and Jack Black like this.
  11. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

Fodderwing, WHT, Onebigbill and 8 others like this.
  12. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Funny about those peanut patties Barrett :D That's good to hear about Eleanor, it's that long ago now, I'm afraid I can't remember exactly WHY Ellie took so long to eat everything when we were out, but half the time, there'd be people waving at her, smiling, or saying 'Hello', and she'd get distracted, and be that busy smiling or waving back, she'd forget about her food :rolleyes: I do remember the over-mastication with certain foods though! :D

I miss eating out too mate, it's going to feel strange doing it again, and I guess that a lot of eateries will have closed down by then :(

Thanks Barrett :) :thumbsup:

That's a German-made Feuerhand, I need to get some lamp oil for it. We used to use lanterns a lot when I was a kid, but I have not had an excuse to buy one for a long time. Looking forward to using it though :) That is really cool about that Coleman lantern having Julie's initials :cool: :) :thumbsup:

You've captured that one well Ron :) You seem to be a bit of a magnet for great-looking stag my friend! :D :) :thumbsup:

Keep 'em coming Dwight, you take a fantastic photo my friend :) :thumbsup:

Looking good Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone is having a great weekend :) It's been raining heavily here this morning, but is now just drizzling :rolleyes: I thought I'd get my Yorkshire Rose out for the day :) Have a good one folks :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

13. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
    Love that white lambsfoot, Jack! Could you remind me of the material? Is it ivory?

AC will be with me while I care for a couple of sick sons today.

916A89D6-C549-45A4-BF33-E2BE10BDAE1B.jpeg

14. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you Joshua, the scales are made from some re-purposed 19th century ivory. Sorry to hear about the boys, hope they're better soon :thumbsup:

Cool pic of your AC :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

15. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you for the compliment on my stags jack! I don’t know if I’m magnetic or just extremely lucky! ;) It’s great to see your Yorkshire Rose! :thumbsup: That Ivory big ‘un is truly a special one! :thumbsup: :cool: Stay safe my friend! :)

Joshua your AC is looking fine. :thumbsup: Sorry to hear about your sons. I pray they’re better soon! :) :thumbsup:

JTB_5 and Jack Black like this.
  16. CelloDan

Dec 2, 2017
    Echoing the praises and admiration on the Ivory White Rose of Yorkshire :thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks a lot guys :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

18. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
    Thanks, Ron! They'll be fine in a day or so, I'm sure. In these troubled times, we're just trying to be a little more cautious for the sake of others.

19. CelloDan

Dec 2, 2017
    Happy sunday Guardians :)

[​IMG]

20. donn

donn Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 14, 2002
    At least it must be easy then to take it apart when you do have to fix something. :D

Yip they'll do :D My mate uses a scooter to get to work; she saved hundreds in bus fares over a year.
    And that is one fantastic edge you've achieved on their. :thumbsup:

With my knees I fear I'll need one sooner than I ought to. :rolleyes:

Cool lantern Jack. :thumbsup:

Yeah, after spending all this time on a U.S website, I've learnt that everything about Texas is eight times bigger than normal... :D:thumbsup:

Nice shot of your herd their Jose. :thumbsup:

Nice to see the Yorkshire Rose seeing some daylight. :thumbsup:

Mini burger (ie, not from Texas).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]