1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks, and congratulations on the covid-free-ness. I'm afraid we are in for a world of hurt this winter. Against recommendations, around 3 million Americans flew this weekend. They and many more will spend the week visiting relatives for the Thanksgiving holiday. It may be a very sad Xmas for some.

brewbear, Haegar, btb01 and 1 other person like this.
  2. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    You just make sure you're not one of them. It looks absolutely horrific from all the reports we are seeing over here. Just stay safe Rachel.

Jack Black and r8shell like this.
  3. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    That's great news Leon, well done :thumbsup:

Take care Rachel (know you will) :thumbsup:

Here, with the death rate still rising, they've changed their minds again, and we'll be out of 'lockdown', and returning to a 'tier system' :confused: Highest death rate in Europe, worst economic damage, and we're in more debt than after WW2 o_O

Good morning Guardians, a second day in a row without rain here today, they'll be introducing a sprinkler ban next! :rolleyes: Have a good day Guardians, stay safe out there :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WHT, Half/Stop, Haegar and 6 others like this.
  4. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

5. donn

donn Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Thanks for the squirrel info Dan. If those things have managed to cross the Pacific then I guess world domination is next. :D
    That's a great shot of your HHB on that old rail there.

Why didn't I think of that. I've got a compressor in the garage but never thought of using it to blow gunk out of pocket knife joints. :rolleyes: I've also got brake line cleaner which is fantastic for cleaning crap out of anything.

Yesterday was the first (mild) frost of the year round where I live.
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, Pt-Luso, WHT and 9 others like this.
  6. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Brake line cleaner is great, but I find oil works fine for new pocket knives. There's usually just some buffing compound and mucky oil in there, and it only takes a few minutes to shift it. Makes a big difference to the action though :thumbsup:

I don't think we've had frost here yet, or if we have I've missed it :rolleyes: Looks like you've been carrying your Hartshead Barlow a fair bit recently David :) :thumbsup:

donn and r8shell like this.
  7. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks for the info and pics of the "flavored" pork pies, David! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I think I'd enjoy any of those (except mushy peas). Fantastic photos from your hike; the plane crash site is fascinating. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the auspicious antique! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Harvey, in your absence, you've lost none of your talent for taking photos that show the desirability of both knives and baked goods! ;):cool::cool:

FWIW, I spent some time this weekend looking back in this thread to the time when the horn Guardians knives were sent out (Oct. 2017 IIRC), and you mentioned in a contemporaneous post that there were 30 horn lambsfoots, including the 5 Midnight Specials.

Big-league pic of your Ironwood, Barrett! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I sure enjoy the outdoor pics of your HHB, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Scary squirrel story, Rachel! :eek: I hope "late-onset rabies" isn't a thing! ;)
    I also hope you and your family can enjoy Thanksgiving, even taking social distancing to the extreme. :)
    Your horn Guardians lambsfoot is a beauty; when I was looking back at their thread debut, I noticed the distinctive white scimitar yours has on the pile side! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Captivating fall photo, Dan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    There's another thread for pics like that:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/fall-autumn-traditionals.1615156/

Splendid photo, Dwight, with the silver hardware on your stag HHB matching the color of the truck and some of the color on the stump and the silvery mist in the trees in the background! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Drop-dead gorgeous WCLF, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
    Belated birthday wishes to your son! :)

The ongoing squirrel theme in this thread has taken an unexpected turn! :eek::rolleyes:
    IMHO, the final photo above deserves some elaboration! o_Oo_O
    I think the American baseball player Yogi Berra purportedly said, "It gets late early out there."

- GT

donn, btb01, Pt-Luso and 3 others like this.
  8. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Exquisite stag HHBs, Ron & Rachel! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Time to admire that translucent horn, José! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Good to see you here, Mark, and your pessimism is certainly understandable. The behavior of many people in the face of this pandemic frustrates, and angers, me. :thumbsdown::mad:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Thanks for all your replies to my over-long post, Jack! :)
    Strange how the contents of our memories seem beyond our control. :rolleyes::confused:

These days, I tend to let small chunks of peanut brittle "melt in my mouth" until only the peanuts remain, then chew up the peanuts. :(

I'm hoping I can use a scooter on the sidewalks of the residential neighborhoods in which I do most of my traveling.
    Yeah, always using the same leg for propulsion might lead to seeing specially tailored trousers with more room in the seat on the "muscular side". :D

Thanks for the stove info, Jack; looks like some handy equipment! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I used to be known for walking through the parking lot on the west edge of campus smoking a cigar several times per day, regardless of weather, but I finally quit smoking almost 6 years ago. :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

:D:D

Definitely strange, disruptive, hard times! :eek::(

Thanks, Jack. :) My Union Jack "should" have an angular nose, but I don't think it does. Just another indication that my daughter "picked a winner" for me at Barnitt's! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Informative post with a fetching photo! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:cool::cool::thumbsup:

What a stunner, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Lovely lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Pt-Luso, rockman0, Dschal and 4 others like this.
  9. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    E38AEAD2-947A-4235-8C28-6C914FDC3947.jpeg
    I haven’t been keeping count, but the AC has been with me every day since I took up the “streak”. I’m disappointed I haven’t been able to document it well or come up with a variety of pictures. Leisure comes at a premium these days.

Pt-Luso, WHT, Half/Stop and 5 others like this.
  10. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks for taking one for the team my friend :) ;) :thumbsup:

Many thanks Gary :) :thumbsup:

Yes indeed, I'm not sure how I'd managed to get through life without hearing of The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl before! :D I'm surprised you're the first to ask about that photo GT! :rolleyes: There was a mill on that site at one time, and that building has been empty and semi-derelict for a long time. On my last walk that way, I noticed that quite a bit of money had been spent renovating the place. On Saturday, I noticed a lot of chainsaw sculptures in the area, and then that thing, whatever it's supposed to be! :eek: I'm guessing that some artists have conned their way into a grant or something o_O There goes the area! :rolleyes:

I can still remember my grandmother's phone number from when I was seven, but heck knows what my number is now! :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

That's always my peanut brittle plan too Gary, but I always seem to forget! :rolleyes: :D You're clearly more disciplined than me :thumbsup:

Yes, that could work out pretty good :) I was talking to a lad with an electric unicycle the other day. He was very enthusiastic about it, and said it had transformed his life. I can only imagine how one of those might transform mine! :eek:

[​IMG]

A pleasure :) When I was young, I walked very fast, and even ate lunch on the go. Now, I like to have a sit down, and have a cuppa, or even cook lunch ;) :thumbsup:

LOL! Splendid! :D :thumbsup:

Since the knives are hand-ground, the angles definitely vary a fair bit. Maybe the cutler was feeling benevolent that day, and thought he'd 'grind posh', and give your Lambsfoot a Roman Nose! :D ;) :thumbsup:

peanutsxx, scrteened porch and Dschal like this.
  11. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I hope you're enjoying carrying it Joshua :) :thumbsup:

JTB_5 likes this.
  12. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    I am! Variety may be the spice of life, but the AC is meat and potatoes. Does everything this guy needs.

Jack Black and scrteened porch like this.
  13. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I would totally wear it Jack :)
    Extra large for me :D

oh my :D lol
    That guy you met may be related to me :D

I got to met this girl now, my lambsfoot will not rest until it gets a selfie with her :D

Jack Black likes this.
  14. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks. I'm doing my best to stay safe.
    Thanks, GT. The pile side isn't as exciting as the mark, but it's still attractive, I think.
    [​IMG]

flatblackcapo, WHT, Half/Stop and 9 others like this.
  15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Great stuff Joshua :) :thumbsup:

LOL! Me too Dan! :D :thumbsup:

May you always have safe adventures my friend :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D You'll have to look out for a comic convention Dan! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

You really couldn't make this stuff up could you?! :D :thumbsup:

btb01, Half/Stop, Dschal and 4 others like this.
  16. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    [​IMG]

flatblackcapo, Pt-Luso, WHT and 7 others like this.
  17. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Yes, that's it, so she is REAL !!! :D

Guardians, my ADHD is in high gear today, keep coming back to bladeforums :)

Got some paperwork to finish .... Focus Dan Focus :confused:

18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Yeah, her and all the others! :D Hope you get your work finished Dan :) :thumbsup:

CelloDan likes this.
  19. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Julie Newmar's Catwoman and Yvonne Craig's Batgirl can continue to rest on their laurels as far as I'm concerned.

This snow is supposed to be turning to rain. Last I looked it was still supposed to be 50 degrees and dry on Thursday.
    [​IMG]

20. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Yep, they flew home for Turkey Rachel @r8shell but they are the true Turkeys. Just too dumb to realize it.

I'll just stick close to home and Coon Finger Charlie's @waynorth WCLF

[​IMG]