Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks Ron.

Looks delicious Taylor! I hope y’all have a great time! :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful photo and a super nice old Lambsfoot Rob! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

Thank you in so many ways my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Looking good Joshua! :) :thumbsup:

Good looking pie and lambs Jack! Hope you’re having a good day! :) :thumbsup:

Superb photo of your desert ironwood Guardians lambsfoot, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Haha, the one eyed painting went ok but it was a challenge for me not to make a mess out of it.:confused: No golf for me yet. Because of my lack of depth perception I might hurt somebody...like myself!:eek::D

Good morning Guardians and all. Today I picked up my Ebony Jack Black SFO Lambfoot knife.:) I think I'll carry this one for awhile. Nice slim profile and I've got it good and sharp.:thumbsup:
View attachment 1460579
I know what you mean, Bill. :eek: I had to give up church softball 3 summers ago because I was having so much trouble tracking fly balls in the outfield and was afraid I was gonna catch one in my face! :(
Excellent ebony! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

50634538132_0fee8e3e64_h.jpg

Have a wonderful week y'all.
More exemplary ebony! Very nice, FBC! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I am going to have to stop trying to balance knives on the edge of pans and bowls to take photos :rolleyes: My ebony '18 got well-dunked in the steaming pan of chilli I've got bubbling away on the stove, and it's full of firey Scotch Bonnets! :eek:

iw4LxdQ.jpg

Just applying first-aid :rolleyes:
An attempt at edible ebony, eh, Jack? :eek::thumbsup::rolleyes:
The chili looks great, although after looking up what Scotch Bonnets are, I doubt if I'm man enough to consume the chili! :p

Thanks GT :)

Check the " Let's Kick Scoot" website/forum, lot's of info on scooters, I was very active on that forum a few years ago.

Happy Monday Guardians :)

FLlzZgx.jpg

♻️
Dan, thanks so much for the helpful, extensive comments and resources regarding kick scooters! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I'll have to do some research to see what else I need to know! ;) My usual commute starts and ends at the same altitude, but there's sort of a valley in between; not very steep hills, but definitely some uphill (and downhill) involved in each direction. And the sidewalks are all concrete, with spacers/cracks built between each section (about every 6 feet or so).

Your stag HHB looks splendid riding that rail! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

New rock, for my modified cannonball regimen.
bGxF05J.jpg
Nice photo, Jer! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
You always have such unusual, creative exercise ideas, especially compared to my mundane efforts like push-ups against the kitchen countertop. :rolleyes:

Also for cat training. She hates the sound of the canned air, and will now stop playing with the cables behind the computer when I just reach for the can.
Thanks for the pro tip on animal training, Rachel! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today we reached a mile stone, they sent the last person home from hospital who had covid, and we have not had a positive case for over 3 weeks, so unofficially we are covid free-for the moment, we have not been in this position for 10 months.
Congrats, cudgee cudgee ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I can't currently imagine the USA ever getting in that position again. :mad:

Thanks, and congratulations on the covid-free-ness. I'm afraid we are in for a world of hurt this winter. Against recommendations, around 3 million Americans flew this weekend. They and many more will spend the week visiting relatives for the Thanksgiving holiday. It may be a very sad Xmas for some.
I saw a public service announcement with a tagline something like, "I'll see you all at Thanksgiving, and ICU at Christmas." :(

Here, with the death rate still rising, they've changed their minds again, and we'll be out of 'lockdown', and returning to a 'tier system' :confused: Highest death rate in Europe, worst economic damage, and we're in more debt than after WW2 o_O

D5mbmUZ.jpg
Bad news, Jack. :(:thumbsdown:
But a GREAT song and superlative pic of your stag HHB! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yesterday was the first (mild) frost of the year round where I live.
pmzY9Hw.jpg
Sublime photo of your stag HHB in the frosty grass, David; a good candidate for the "Fall Knife" photos thread! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for taking one for the team my friend :) ;) :thumbsup:
Yes indeed, I'm not sure how I'd managed to get through life without hearing of The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl before! :D I'm surprised you're the first to ask about that photo GT! :rolleyes: There was a mill on that site at one time, and that building has been empty and semi-derelict for a long time. On my last walk that way, I noticed that quite a bit of money had been spent renovating the place. On Saturday, I noticed a lot of chainsaw sculptures in the area, and then that thing, whatever it's supposed to be! :eek: I'm guessing that some artists have conned their way into a grant or something o_O There goes the area! :rolleyes:

I can still remember my grandmother's phone number from when I was seven, but heck knows what my number is now! :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

That's always my peanut brittle plan too Gary, but I always seem to forget! :rolleyes: :D You're clearly more disciplined than me :thumbsup:

... I was talking to a lad with an electric unicycle the other day. He was very enthusiastic about it, and said it had transformed his life. I can only imagine how one of those might transform mine! :eek:

disorderly03.jpg

Since the knives are hand-ground, the angles definitely vary a fair bit. Maybe the cutler was feeling benevolent that day, and thought he'd 'grind posh', and give your Lambsfoot a Roman Nose! :D ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks for acknowledging my sacrifice, Jack! ;):thumbsup:
Thanks also for the info about the "artist colony" down by the old mill stream. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Your remark about phone numbers certainly "rings true" for me: I can't remember my wife's or my own cell phone numbers, but I use my childhood phone number as a password to use the printer/scanner/copier at work. :rolleyes:
I didn't recognize you under all that plaster, Jack! :D But I should look into accident rates for kick scooters before purchase! :eek:
I like the suggestion that I may have a "posh grind" on Union Jack! :cool:;):cool:

Thanks, GT. The pile side isn't as exciting as the mark, but it's still attractive, I think.
o7Squ6A.jpg
I agree on its appeal. :cool::cool::thumbsup: (Isn't it reminiscent of a light streak in the dark hair of vampire women? :rolleyes:)

That rosewood HHB is a solid, serious, substantial knife, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I'll just stick close to home and Coon Finger Charlie's @waynorth WCLF

LOvHYFe.jpg
Better than a COVID vaccine, ED! ;):cool::cool:

- GT

They're not too bad here these days. Maybe they adopted my Uncle Ed's suggestion to call somebody a few miles to the west and ask what's happening there.
Your Uncle had a good suggestion. :cool::thumbsup::cool: I don't remember when I first realized that most Michigan weather comes from the west.

They're still saying 50 and dry for tomorrow!
JQAzAnE.jpg

JQAzAnE.jpg)

JQAzAnE.jpg)
Pleasing pic of a pair of prestigious knives! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Good morning Guardians! :thumbsup: I’m sporting my PD stag big ‘un today! Y’all have a great day! :D

50644098763_829c5c48a1_o_d.jpg
Looks better all the time, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

m8wn8Pq.jpg

Easily one of my favorite knives. Not my most carried, but the one I always grab when there’s lots of work to be done.
Great photo of a grand knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you GT, happy to see you still multi-posting! :cool:
Still trying; thanks! :) (Still trying to figure out if that canoe you sent me has a lambsfoot main blade, too! ;):rolleyes:)

Stellar Stag, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Definitely Dan, she keeps it in a pouch on her belt ;) Great pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

vEmKiaL.jpg

Different artistic style in this illustration of the USG! ;):cool::cool:

Happy Thanksgiving Guardians!
Al0PHro.jpg
Same to you, Dave! :)
Your stag HHB looks phenomenal! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Good morning Guardians! Happy Thanksgiving to all of my US pals! :thumbsup: I've got Big Eb to help with the festivities today. ;) Y'all have a blessed day! :) :thumbsup:

50355700627_9193699f8d_o.jpg
Big Eb for a Big Bird, Ron? I'm sure he's up to it! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Man Jack for me this week:
MJ.pile.Vback.post.jpg

- GT

Looks better all the time, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Big Eb for a Big Bird, Ron? I'm sure he's up to it! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

mj-pile-vback-post-jpg.1462754
Thanks Gary! That PD Big ‘un finds in way into my pocket quite often. We had a turkey breast this year but Big Eb didn’t get in on the action. Nice stag on the pile side of Man Jack! :) :thumbsup:

Ah, yes. Back when phone numbers started with letters. ;)
LF 5337. That was our number, cannot remember if i go to the shop if i am supposed to get milk or cream now. But you can bet your last dollar, whatever i get will be the wrong one. :D Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, and don't spend too much at the sales tomorrow.:p

Thank you in so many ways my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Good looking pie and lambs Jack! Hope you’re having a good day! :) :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly, good sir :) :thumbsup:

An attempt at edible ebony, eh, Jack? :eek::thumbsup::rolleyes:
The chili looks great, although after looking up what Scotch Bonnets are, I doubt if I'm man enough to consume the chili! :p

I'm glad it wasn't in for long GT! :eek: :D There were habaneros in there too :) :thumbsup:

Bad news, Jack. :(:thumbsdown:
But a GREAT song and superlative pic of your stag HHB! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot buddy :thumbsup:

Thanks for acknowledging my sacrifice, Jack! ;):thumbsup:
Thanks also for the info about the "artist colony" down by the old mill stream. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Your remark about phone numbers certainly "rings true" for me: I can't remember my wife's or my own cell phone numbers, but I use my childhood phone number as a password to use the printer/scanner/copier at work. :rolleyes:
I didn't recognize you under all that plaster, Jack! :D But I should look into accident rates for kick scooters before purchase! :eek:
I like the suggestion that I may have a "posh grind" on Union Jack! :cool:;):cool:

Your medal is in the post my friend ;) :D :thumbsup:

I agree on its appeal. :cool::cool::thumbsup: (Isn't it reminiscent of a light streak in the dark hair of vampire women? :rolleyes:)

Good observation Gary! :D :thumbsup:

Your Uncle had a good suggestion. :cool::thumbsup::cool: I don't remember when I first realized that most Michigan weather comes from the west.

I think that's true throughout the northern hemisphere :thumbsup:

Different artistic style in this illustration of the USG! ;):cool::cool:

Yes, an alternative cover by a different artist :) Here's another, (and an opportunity for me to show off the pile side of my Hartshead Barlow) ;) :thumbsup:

8UCUAhQ.jpg

View attachment 1462754

- GT

Cool pic of Man Jack :cool: That's a particularly posh nose isn't it Gary, mine is much more angular? :) ;) :thumbsup:

BkRCmUm.jpg

Ah, yes. Back when phone numbers started with letters. ;)

Did they really? I thought you were joking at first :thumbsup:

LF 5337. That was our number, cannot remember if i go to the shop if i am supposed to get milk or cream now. But you can bet your last dollar, whatever i get will be the wrong one. :D Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, and don't spend too much at the sales tomorrow.:p

I bumped into an acquaintance the other day, a few years older than myself. He was on the way to the bank, as he'd forgotten the pin number for his cash card. I could empathise :rolleyes:

Good morning Guardians, hope all our US members had a great Thanksgiving :) The weekend is approaching again, and I'm treating myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day ;) Got my trusty Hartshead Barlow, and an Old Friend in the form of this Alfred Blackwell I've not carried in a while. Have a good Friday Guardians :thumbsup:

jkXP7Bc.jpg

VqnkEak.jpg

Yes, an alternative cover by a different artist :) Here's another, (and an opportunity for me to show off the pile side of my Hartshead Barlow) ;) :thumbsup:

8UCUAhQ.jpg

WOW, she actually carries TWO lambsfoot, look closer !!!
This girl is AWESOME :cool: :D

Prehistoric men were also fascinated by squirrels it seems like.
This thread is certainly getting squirrely :eek: :D

----------------

Good morning Guardians :)

My offering to the squirrel gods :cool:

qEHRyjY.jpg

I hope it qualifies Bill, I forget when you got it now (has to be after Xmas Day 2019 ) :) :thumbsup:

Good for you Jon, hope you had fun :) Great pic :thumbsup:

LOL! I didn't even notice that on the bottle until I uploaded the pic Joshua! :D :thumbsup:
I paid Charlie for it in July of 2019 according to my records. One of the best days I'ver ever had!:) Probably arrived in my hands a week later.

Thank you kindly, good sir :) :thumbsup:

I'm glad it wasn't in for long GT! :eek: :D There were habaneros in there too :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot buddy :thumbsup:

Your medal is in the post my friend ;) :D :thumbsup:

Good observation Gary! :D :thumbsup:

I think that's true throughout the northern hemisphere :thumbsup:

8UCUAhQ.jpg

Cool pic of Man Jack :cool: That's a particularly posh nose isn't it Gary, mine is much more angular? :) ;) :thumbsup:

BkRCmUm.jpg

Did they really? I thought you were joking at first :thumbsup:

I bumped into an acquaintance the other day, a few years older than myself. He was on the way to the bank, as he'd forgotten the pin number for his cash card. I could empathise :rolleyes:

Good morning Guardians, hope all our US members had a great Thanksgiving :) The weekend is approaching again, and I'm treating myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day ;) Got my trusty Hartshead Barlow, and an Old Friend in the form of this Alfred Blackwell I've not carried in a while. Have a good Friday Guardians :thumbsup:

jkXP7Bc.jpg

VqnkEak.jpg
Very nice photos Jack, as always. You are getting pretty good at it.:thumbsup: Thanks for all the Thanksgiving Day wishes. Since my wife and I were celebrating by ourselves we tried something different. We went to Costco (a store that offers large quantity food and also dry goods) and picked up what amounts to be a supersized TV dinner.:D It was amazing.:thumbsup: Had a whole turkey brest, stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, etc. Just popped it in the oven and out it came...delicious - maybe the best tasting turkey dinner ever. Should have taken photos but I missed the opportunity. We paid 27 bucks US for it and we'll get 3 more meals out of it!:D

Good morning Guardians and all. Hope you who celebrate Thanksgiving had a great one. We had a deluge this morning that was so loud on our roof that it woke me up.:eek: Sun just came out and looks like it will be a good one today.:) Good start to the weekend...well, to us that are retired everyday is the weekend:D Giving the HHB a rest in favor of this fine knife. Nice slim profile and great Ironwood covers.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
IMG_2718.JPG

8UCUAhQ.jpg

BkRCmUm.jpg

jkXP7Bc.jpg

VqnkEak.jpg
Great photos Jack! Your Senator does have a more traditional tip. Also very nice Sambar too! :thumbsup: Again those are great knives you’re carrying today! Be well my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Great location and photos with your Hartshead David! :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians :)

My offering to the squirrel gods :cool:

qEHRyjY.jpg
Terrific photo Dan! :cool:

Very nice photos Jack, as always. You are getting pretty good at it.:thumbsup: Thanks for all the Thanksgiving Day wishes. Since my wife and I were celebrating by ourselves we tried something different. We went to Costco (a store that offers large quantity food and also dry goods) and picked up what amounts to be a supersized TV dinner.:D It was amazing.:thumbsup: Had a whole turkey brest, stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, etc. Just popped it in the oven and out it came...delicious - maybe the best tasting turkey dinner ever. Should have taken photos but I missed the opportunity. We paid 27 bucks US for it and we'll get 3 more meals out of it!:D

Good morning Guardians and all. Hope you who celebrate Thanksgiving had a great one. We had a deluge this morning that was so loud on our roof that it woke me up.:eek: Sun just came out and looks like it will be a good one today.:) Good start to the weekend...well, to us that are retired everyday is the weekend:D Giving the HHB a rest in favor of this fine knife. Nice slim profile and great Ironwood covers.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1462901
Nice Ironwood there Bill! :thumbsup: Have a great weekend! :) :thumbsup:

Back