Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good morning Guardians! :) Hopefully everyone who celebrated Thanksgiving had a good one with all things considered! I’m carrying a 2018 Guardians Ebony today. I hope everyone has a great day and weekend! Y’all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

50652330208_c53e66e396_c_d.jpg

LF 5337. That was our number, cannot remember if i go to the shop if i am supposed to get milk or cream now. But you can bet your last dollar, whatever i get will be the wrong one. :D Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, and don't spend too much at the sales tomorrow.:p

Did they really? I thought you were joking at first
And the letters were mnemonic: Fire Side nine-...
Yep. That's why there are the little letters under the numbers on the phone keypad. There was some concern about people being able to remember a sequence of seven numbers. So they started with a word, like
KLondike 5 (KL5= 555) Ours was MOhawk 4-**** which meant 664-****

Also, our phone number was a "bad" one, because it had 8s and 9s in it, so it took longer to dial. A "good" number had lower numbers and was faster for the dial to make its way round.
I feel old.
Good morning Guardians :)

My offering to the squirrel gods :cool:

qEHRyjY.jpg
Oh, those look good!

WOW, she actually carries TWO lambsfoot, look closer !!!
This girl is AWESOME :cool: :D

Prehistoric men were also fascinated by squirrels it seems like.
This thread is certainly getting squirrely :eek: :D

----------------

Good morning Guardians :)

My offering to the squirrel gods :cool:

qEHRyjY.jpg

LOL! :D That's a great pic Dan, and a reminder that I haven't actually had any chestnuts since earlier in the year. I definitely need to make up for that :) :thumbsup:

Great photos Jack! Your Senator does have a more traditional tip. Also very nice Sambar too! :thumbsup: Again those are great knives you’re carrying today! Be well my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Ron :) That knife was actually the cause of my first contact with Wright's. Rachel bought me one, as an Xmas present, from a UK vendor, and it was absolutely terrible, and nothing whatsoever like the photo on their website o_O

c1MM4FL.jpg

iIzisAD.jpg

Mt2kWPA.jpg

lsAab1N.jpg

yxbcUzZ.jpg

F1oekd9.jpg

However, after I contacted Wright's, I received a prompt response from John Maleham, asking me to return it, and he would get me one made that I would be proud to carry. That was pretty decent I thought :thumbsup:

dVvgZMs.jpg

I'm still not a great fan of this particular Lambsfoot pattern, but I guess, like Marmite, you either love it or hate it :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! :) Hopefully everyone who celebrated Thanksgiving had a good one with all things considered! I’m carrying a 2018 Guardians Ebony today. I hope everyone has a great day and weekend! Y’all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

50652330208_c53e66e396_c_d.jpg

Lovely ebony Ron :) :thumbsup:

I paid Charlie for it in July of 2019 according to my records. One of the best days I'ver ever had!:) Probably arrived in my hands a week later.

That must have been exciting Bill :) Unfortunately though, just like mine, it means that it won't qualify for that particular thread since a requirement is that the knife was acquired in 2020 (or after Xmas Day 2019). Mine was my Knife of 2019, since it had already taken over my pocket :) :thumbsup:

Very nice photos Jack, as always. You are getting pretty good at it.:thumbsup: Thanks for all the Thanksgiving Day wishes. Since my wife and I were celebrating by ourselves we tried something different. We went to Costco (a store that offers large quantity food and also dry goods) and picked up what amounts to be a supersized TV dinner.:D It was amazing.:thumbsup: Had a whole turkey brest, stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, etc. Just popped it in the oven and out it came...delicious - maybe the best tasting turkey dinner ever. Should have taken photos but I missed the opportunity. We paid 27 bucks US for it and we'll get 3 more meals out of it!:D

Good morning Guardians and all. Hope you who celebrate Thanksgiving had a great one. We had a deluge this morning that was so loud on our roof that it woke me up.:eek: Sun just came out and looks like it will be a good one today.:) Good start to the weekend...well, to us that are retired everyday is the weekend:D Giving the HHB a rest in favor of this fine knife. Nice slim profile and great Ironwood covers.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1462901

Thanks Bill, you're very kind my friend :) Your Thanksgiving feast sounds pretty good. Costco always super-size everything don't they?! :D I hope the rain hasn't returned, and that you're having a great day, it's your last weekend as a pirate hopefully ;) Nice-looking '19 there :thumbsup:

Yep. That's why there are the little letters under the numbers on the phone keypad. There was some concern about people being able to remember a sequence of seven numbers. So they started with a word, like
KLondike 5 (KL5= 555) Ours was MOhawk 4-**** which meant 664-****

Also, our phone number was a "bad" one, because it had 8s and 9s in it, so it took longer to dial. A "good" number had lower numbers and was faster for the dial to make its way round.
I feel old.

Oh, those look good!

That's all really interesting :) I was about 13 or 14 before my parents got a home telephone, which wasn't something that thrilled me as it meant that my school could then phone them when I wasn't there! o_O I still had a dial telephone in the 80's :D I knew an old feller who lived in a remote farmhouse up on the moors near Sheffield, and he still had a five-digit phone number. I can still remember that too, and I doubt that I ever rang him more than once or twice (in the 70's)! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Ron :) That knife was actually the cause of my first contact with Wright's. Rachel bought me one, as an Xmas present, from a UK vendor, and it was absolutely terrible, and nothing whatsoever like the photo on their website o_O

c1MM4FL.jpg

iIzisAD.jpg

Mt2kWPA.jpg

lsAab1N.jpg

yxbcUzZ.jpg

F1oekd9.jpg

However, after I contacted Wright's, I received a prompt response from John Maleham, asking me to return it, and he would get me one made that I would be proud to carry. That was pretty decent I thought :thumbsup:

dVvgZMs.jpg

I'm still not a great fan of this particular Lambsfoot pattern, but I guess, like Marmite, you either love it or hate it :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Lovely ebony Ron :) :thumbsup:
That was a kind and gracious gesture and gift from Rachel, but it was definitely a dud if I’ve ever seen one Jack! It was a very smart business decision for John to replace it with a new one. The replacement is a beautiful knife. It just goes to enforce the fact that Wright’s are capable of building quality knives. Reinforced by all your SFO’s. But their knives are definitely “hit or miss” if one is purchasing from a dealer “sight unseen”! :rolleyes: Thanks for the compliment on my’18 Ebony. It’s definitely a personal favorite! :) :thumbsup:

That was a kind and gracious gesture and gift from Rachel, but it was definitely a dud if I’ve ever seen one Jack! It was a very smart business decision for John to replace it with a new one. The replacement is a beautiful knife. It just goes to enforce the fact that Wright’s are capable of building quality knives. Reinforced by all your SFO’s. But their knives are definitely “hit or miss” if one is purchasing from a dealer “sight unseen”! :rolleyes: Thanks for the compliment on my’18 Ebony. It’s definitely a personal favorite! :) :thumbsup:

It had a huge number of flaws, apart from that awful-looking 'stag' too Ron, just a really badly-made knife :( I find it hugely frustrating that while Wright's are indeed capable of producing excellent knives, they let garbage like that leave their factory. I think their QC is worse than ever unfortunately :( The standard of UK dealers certainly doesn't help anyone trying to find a decent knife, I'm not sure most of them can even tell between a well-made knife and one that has been made badly :thumbsdown:

The weather doesn't look like it's going to be up to much tomorrow, but as long as it doesn't rain all day, I'll be happy to get out for a hike. So, if I don't get time to post in the morning, have a great weekend Guardians. Stay safe out there :thumbsup:

0ZF4b72.jpg

Still trying; thanks! :) (Still trying to figure out if that canoe you sent me has a lambsfoot main blade, too! ;):rolleyes:

Man Jack for me this week:
View attachment 1462754
- GT
I still feel bad about nipping the tip when flushing it! I should have left well enough alone; I had already decided to send it to you but thought I'd flush the joints. Back and forth, back and forth, open and close -- wait, why did that feel funny when I opened it? :oops: Hope you've smoothed it out and get some use out of it! :D

P.S. For those curious I somehow managed to get the tip of a very thin sheepsfoot main caught between the backspring and liner and broke the tip...

Good morning Guardians !
I hope your hike goes well Jack.
Things are not great here either, lots of slush on the trails but we are going to try anyways later today.
The girls will be playing/streaming their music online for churches in Kingston and Brockville this morning so I'll be setting up the equipment soon.

Have a great day everyone :)

WWohW3E.jpg

Back