Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

It's about time to divert these candles from red light therapy to Christmas decoration, Roxanne.
unHaZQu.jpg

LOL Jack! :thumbsup: I totally agree with you my friend. I Flitzed Big Rosie and thought about this one, but couldn't do it. ;) Big Rosie had an ugly grungy patina. :eek: I think this one is by far the best patina of any knife I own! :) :thumbsup:

I think the polished blades patina much better than the unpolished ones Ron, and you get those great colours. I have Flitzed my Rosewood Big 'Un a couple of times :thumbsup:

BjkTTpO.jpg

Morning Guardians :)

vIdaZby.jpg

Great pic Dan :cool: :) :thumbsup:

It's about time to divert these candles from red light therapy to Christmas decoration, Roxanne.
unHaZQu.jpg

LOL! :D That is one awful song mate! :D :thumbsup:

Something that should make Jer's screened porch screened porch day :)

My dog likes to kill this squirrel over and over again.

I made sure that the last time it died it died happy .... with a lambsfoot in it's arms :D

wZjUHeJ.jpg

:D :D :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians :)

vIdaZby.jpg
A great closeup Dan! Really shows the grain in the wood! :) :thumbsup:

Something that should make Jer's screened porch screened porch day :)

My dog likes to kill this squirrel over and over again.

I made sure that the last time it died it died happy .... with a lambsfoot in it's arms :D

wZjUHeJ.jpg
Another neat photo Dan! You forgot the disclaimer, “No Squirrels were harmed in the taking of this photo”! :rolleyes: :D

I think the polished blades patina much better than the unpolished ones Ron, and you get those great colours. I have Flitzed my Rosewood Big 'Un a couple of times :thumbsup:

BjkTTpO.jpg
I agree about the polished blades Jack! :thumbsup:

Apparently it was designed by someone called Andy Armstrong Ron. I don't know if he was influenced by traditional Lambsfoot designs, by 'Reverse Tanto' designs on more modern knives, or if he hit on that specific blade-shape entirely independently. I do think it's interesting that those particular angles, of the nose and the blade, shared in common with our beloved Lambsfoot, have been replicated in the design, presumably because the designer realises how well they work :thumbsup:

Me too Greg :thumbsup: I Can't see the extreme swedging being about anything more than aesthetics, and it seems to be contrary to good ergonomics :thumbsup:

It is definitely shorter than a Lambsfoot blade Dan. Interesting to see the connection between our blade, and the knife industry's latest fad though. I guess that, as Greg says, there are only so many possible variations on blade shape, but also there are only so many Wharncliffe variations, (for example), you can sell, before you have to offer your customers something different :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, great as it always is to be shooting the breeze with you all, it sure is nice to be having some conversation about the Lambsfoot blade itself :) Unfortunately, my ability to communicate is severely restricted by a sticky keyboard this morning, and it's taking me an age to type a sentence o_O I hope everyone had a good weekend, and good luck for the week ahead :thumbsup:

IBjVHgW.jpg

UpvcXvd.jpg

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone's week got off to a good start. I'm going to have a change today, and carry the Lambsfoot Stan Shaw made me a few years back. I'd asked for it in carbon, but Stan made it in stainless. When he rang me to let me know, he told me, "I thought you could keep it for best"! :D :) :thumbsup:

iWboWgR.jpg

OxAAGa6.jpg

OYQRYJs.jpg

nrM6Ch7.jpg

FG9Fuo6.jpg

AFkgcjK.jpg

bEor7Le.jpg

ZfHWFCk.jpg

ZsBteQI.jpg
Some fine photos Jack. That Lambfoot knife from Stan Shaw is beautiful. Was it a one-off?
On another note I am very happy to say that my stitches came out this morning:). However, it was not a pleasant experience. Since the upper and lower eyelids were grafted together (to guarantee good blood flow to the tissues that had been repaired) they had to be separated and cauterized.:eek: Painful.:thumbsdown: It's done now and on the mend and finally I'm back to having binocular vision.:thumbsup:

Some fine photos Jack. That Lambfoot knife from Stan Shaw is beautiful. Was it a one-off?
On another note I am very happy to say that my stitches came out this morning:). However, it was not a pleasant experience. Since the upper and lower eyelids were grafted together (to guarantee good blood flow to the tissues that had been repaired) they had to be separated and cauterized.:eek: Painful.:thumbsdown: It's done now and on the mend and finally I'm back to having binocular vision.:thumbsup:

Thank you Bill :) Yes, my Stan Shaw Lambsfoot is definitely unique :thumbsup:

That's great news about your stitches, (sorry, I had thought it was tomorrow), but it doesn't sound like a very pleasant experience Bill :eek: I think you have definitely earned a Rusty Nail, or two ;) Hope it's plain sailing from here on in :thumbsup:

Good afternoon Guardians and all. Fine sunny day today but cold. I guess winter has finally arrived here in Coastal North Carolina.:D Just got back from a visit to the surgeon and glad to be back home:D. I have had this Lambfoot with me for the past couple of days.
View attachment 1465253

Snap on that weather again Bill, who'd a thunk North Carolina and the North of England had similar weather! :D ;) I spent some time in the garden making a staff for my neighbour's 6-year old, and then went for a walk. Been a nice day :) Nice Lambsfoot pic :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone's week got off to a good start. I'm going to have a change today, and carry the Lambsfoot Stan Shaw made me a few years back. I'd asked for it in carbon, but Stan made it in stainless. When he rang me to let me know, he told me, "I thought you could keep it for best"! :D :) :thumbsup:

iWboWgR.jpg

OxAAGa6.jpg

OYQRYJs.jpg

nrM6Ch7.jpg

FG9Fuo6.jpg

AFkgcjK.jpg

bEor7Le.jpg

ZfHWFCk.jpg

ZsBteQI.jpg
Great photos. When you have the time could you possibly give us a bit of history about Stan. I am sure i would not be the only member interested. After the input about the Lambsfoot shape blade the other day it made me realize why this thread is so popular and ongoing.:thumbsup:

I have an Eye Witness willing to sign an affadavit that I should check in with you slim staight edge Sheffield enthusiasts.
And in payback for my lambfoot neglect, she reminded me she does not have a half stop and bit me.:DView attachment 1465284That’s what Super Glue is for.

Great to see you here Jeff :) Thanks for humouring me, I figured you were good company, as well as having a nice-looking Lambsfoot ;) Yikes, that's harsh! :eek: ;) That old TEW steel was great isn't it? Weird that so many of their Lambsfoot knives had those cheap Bexoid covers :rolleyes: I have a couple I should get recovered myself, yours looks great :thumbsup:

Great photos. When you have the time could you possibly give us a bit of history about Stan. I am sure i would not be the only member interested. After the input about the Lambsfoot shape blade the other day it made me realize why this thread is so popular and ongoing.:thumbsup:

Thanks Leon, checking out this thread would be a good place to start, and feel free to ask about anything you can't find there mate :) :thumbsup:

I'm glad you're on the mend Bill. The way you described the doctors visit certainly does not sound pleasant. Let's just pray the results will be worth the pain. :) :thumbsup:

Good afternoon Guardians and all. Fine sunny day today but cold. I guess winter has finally arrived here in Coastal North Carolina.:D Just got back from a visit to the surgeon and glad to be back home:D. I have had this Lambfoot with me for the past couple of days.
View attachment 1465253
Glad you made it home Bill. :thumbsup: That a dandy Lambsfoot companion there my friend! :) :thumbsup:

I have an Eye Witness willing to sign an affadavit that I should check in with you slim staight edge Sheffield enthusiasts.
And in payback for my lambsfoot neglect, she reminded me she does not have a half stop and bit me.:DView attachment 1465284That’s what Super Glue is for.
That's the first time anyone has called me slim in a long time Jeff! :eek: ;) Glad to have you and your lambsfoot come in for a visit my friend! :)

Thanks Leon, checking out this thread would be a good place to start, and feel free to ask about anything you can't find there mate :) :thumbsup:
Thanks mate, great reading and viewing. Those snippets of information and history are what make the Guardians thread such an interesting place to be involved in. If i may say, people like Stan do not come along very often. Anyone can take up a craft or career, but only those with a genuine passion and love for whatever they do make an impression. Skilled Artisan and Bespoke craftsman, are that for a reason, they stand out from the pack because it is not just a job or career, it is their life and lifestyle, and the cream always rises to the top. :):thumbsup:

Thanks mate, great reading and viewing. Those snippets of information and history are what make the Guardians thread such an interesting place to be involved in. If i may say, people like Stan do not come along very often. Anyone can take up a craft or career, but only those with a genuine passion and love for whatever they do make an impression. Skilled Artisan and Bespoke craftsman, are that for a reason, they stand out from the pack because it is not just a job or career, it is their life and lifestyle, and the cream always rises to the top. :):thumbsup:

I'm glad you enjoyed it Leon :) I'm going to try and spend some time today uploading photos to that thread, as most of them have been lost over the years. I once read genius described as sustained passion, and Stan has certainly had plenty of that in the lifetime he's devoted to the cutler's craft :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I took delivery of a new keyboard yesterday, so I am sat here clunking away, and not particularly enjoying using it. Bearing in mind that I make my living as a writer, I reallly should be more careful with, what is today, the main tool of my trade. Unfortunately, with all the shops closed here, I couldn't go and select a replacement, but just had to take pot-luck. The last thing you want when writing is to be having to think about the keyboard o_O It's cleaner than the last one at least :rolleyes: Have a good day Guardians, and stay safe out there :thumbsup:

9K5HvHp.jpg

Great to see you here Jeff :) Thanks for humouring me, I figured you were good company, as well as having a nice-looking Lambsfoot ;) Yikes, that's harsh! :eek: ;) That old TEW steel was great isn't it? Weird that so many of their Lambsfoot knives had those cheap Bexoid covers :rolleyes: I have a couple I should get recovered myself, yours looks great :thumbsup:
I do enjoy this thread, Jack!
I’m thankful for Taylors having used bexoid, and for it being broken, making it unattractice to competing bidders!

Amazing what accumulates in and on a keyboard!
I'm glad you're on the mend Bill. The way you described the doctors visit certainly does not sound pleasant. Let's just pray the results will be worth the pain. :) :thumbsup:

Glad you made it home Bill. :thumbsup: That a dandy Lambsfoot companion there my friend! :) :thumbsup:

That's the first time anyone has called me slim in a long time Jeff! :eek: ;) Glad to have you and your lambsfoot come in for a visit my friend! :)
Thanks, Ron!
Remember you’re only as slim as you feel!:thumbsup:

Back