Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I do enjoy this thread, Jack!
I’m thankful for Taylors having used bexoid, and for it being broken, making it unattractice to competing bidders!

Amazing what accumulates in and on a keyboard!

Thanks, Ron!
Remember you’re only as slim as you feel!:thumbsup:

LOL! :D Good point Jeff :D Considering the steel is good, the Bexoid models usually represent a bargain. I have a couple of single-blade models, as well as a two-blade (below), and should really do something with them sometime :thumbsup: It's good to have you here :) :thumbsup:

HaEWnoW.jpg

Good morning Guardians, I took delivery of a new keyboard yesterday, so I am sat here clunking away, and not particularly enjoying using it. Bearing in mind that I make my living as a writer, I reallly should be more careful with, what is today, the main tool of my trade. Unfortunately, with all the shops closed here, I couldn't go and select a replacement, but just had to take pot-luck. The last thing you want when writing is to be having to think about the keyboard o_O It's cleaner than the last one at least :rolleyes: Have a good day Guardians, and stay safe out there :thumbsup:

9K5HvHp.jpg

Sorry to hear that your new keyboard is a disappointment, Jack. I make my living with a keyboard, too, and I can relate. With a good one, the words flow out like water; with a poor one it’s like mucking about with your hands in molasses. Hopefully you’ll soon be able to replace it with something more to your liking.

My favorite keyboards have mechanical switches under the keys, like the old IBM keyboards used to have. Their tactile feel can’t be beat. I guess that means that if there were a keyboard forum, I’d hang out in the traditionals section there, too. :D

On the bright side, Jack, at least your new keyboard can support the weight of your Hartshead without the keys sinking in. It could be worse.... ;)

Sorry to hear that your new keyboard is a disappointment, Jack. I make my living with a keyboard, too, and I can relate. With a good one, the words flow out like water; with a poor one it’s like mucking about with your hands in molasses. Hopefully you’ll soon be able to replace it with something more to your liking.

My favorite keyboards have mechanical switches under the keys, like the old IBM keyboards used to have. Their tactile feel can’t be beat. I guess that means that if there were a keyboard forum, I’d hang out in the traditionals section there, too. :D

On the bright side, Jack, at least your new keyboard can support the weight of your Hartshead without the keys sinking in. It could be worse.... ;)

Thanks Greg, you understand precisely my friend :thumbsup: My replacement is by Microsoft, and the worst I've had. The keys are 'dead', and I keep hitting the corners of the other keys, which really slows things down, and I find myself looking at the keyboard, rather than at the screen. I hope I can find something better :thumbsup:

I'm glad you enjoyed it Leon :) I'm going to try and spend some time today uploading photos to that thread, as most of them have been lost over the years. I once read genius described as sustained passion, and Stan has certainly had plenty of that in the lifetime he's devoted to the cutler's craft :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I took delivery of a new keyboard yesterday, so I am sat here clunking away, and not particularly enjoying using it. Bearing in mind that I make my living as a writer, I reallly should be more careful with, what is today, the main tool of my trade. Unfortunately, with all the shops closed here, I couldn't go and select a replacement, but just had to take pot-luck. The last thing you want when writing is to be having to think about the keyboard o_O It's cleaner than the last one at least :rolleyes: Have a good day Guardians, and stay safe out there :thumbsup:

9K5HvHp.jpg
Good luck with that keyboard Jack! Your Stag Hartshead just keeps getting better my friend! :) :thumbsup:

I do enjoy this thread, Jack!
I’m thankful for Taylors having used bexoid, and for it being broken, making it unattractice to competing bidders!

Amazing what accumulates in and on a keyboard!

Thanks, Ron!
Remember you’re only as slim as you feel!:thumbsup:
I'm starting to feel slimmer just thing about it Jeff! Don't be a stranger here buddy! :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Good point Jeff :D Considering the steel is good, the Bexoid models usually represent a bargain. I have a couple of single-blade models, as well as a two-blade (below), and should really do something with them sometime :thumbsup: It's good to have you here :) :thumbsup:

HaEWnoW.jpg
I agree with you gents that the Bexoid TEW's represent a good value in the secondary market. Especially if you get one with carbon blade! I got this one for a very reasonable price while Sitting on the Dock of the Bay! :rolleyes: ;) :D

49679597362_4e5f65e836_o.jpg

Good luck with that keyboard Jack! Your Stag Hartshead just keeps getting better my friend! :) :thumbsup:

I'm starting to feel slimmer just thing about it Jeff! Don't be a stranger here buddy! :) :thumbsup:

I agree with you gents that the Bexoid TEW's represent a good value in the secondary market. Especially if you get one with carbon blade! I got this one for a very reasonable price while Sitting on the Dock of the Bay! :rolleyes: ;) :D

49679597362_4e5f65e836_o.jpg

Thanks a lot Ron, I think my search for a better keyboard is going to have to wait until next year now, so I can go into an actual bricks and mortar store and test a few out. I'll see how I go on with this one, but I might even have to go back to my old one. I had a couple of older ones I regret throwing out now - like just about everything else I ever throw out :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup: Nice TEW buddy, I find the older cover material more satisfactory than the recent stuff, which is a much harder plastic, and less comfortable to use. These knives are great candidates for re-covering aren't they? :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! :) I've got the good fortune to be able to drop a Rosewood Hartshead Barlow into my pocket this morning! :cool: I hope y'all have a safe and pleasant day! :) :thumbsup:

50671201933_a192b5c5fd_o.jpg

Nice Wooden Wednesday choice Ron :) :thumbsup:

I'm glad you're on the mend Bill. The way you described the doctors visit certainly does not sound pleasant. Let's just pray the results will be worth the pain. :) :thumbsup:

Glad you made it home Bill. :thumbsup: That a dandy Lambsfoot companion there my friend! :) :thumbsup:

That's the first time anyone has called me slim in a long time Jeff! :eek: ;) Glad to have you and your lambsfoot come in for a visit my friend! :)

Thanks Ron, I appreciate your kind thoughts. After I came home from the doctor's visit I went downhill. Lots of swelling and uncomfortable but after waking up this morning it's better and I can now see light at the end of the tunnel:D...literally!
Thank you Bill :) Yes, my Stan Shaw Lambsfoot is definitely unique :thumbsup:

That's great news about your stitches, (sorry, I had thought it was tomorrow), but it doesn't sound like a very pleasant experience Bill :eek: I think you have definitely earned a Rusty Nail, or two ;) Hope it's plain sailing from here on in :thumbsup:

Snap on that weather again Bill, who'd a thunk North Carolina and the North of England had similar weather! :D ;) I spent some time in the garden making a staff for my neighbour's 6-year old, and then went for a walk. Been a nice day :) Nice Lambsfoot pic :thumbsup:
Beautiful cigarette case, Jack and thanks for your kind words.:thumbsup: If I owned that case I would probably use it for my dry flies when I go fishing:D

Good morning Guardians and all. Back with my Ironwood again. Battery died on my camera so it's re-charging right now.:rolleyes: Recycled photo I'm afraid.
IMG_2721.JPG

Thanks Ron, I appreciate your kind thoughts. After I came home from the doctor's visit I went downhill. Lots of swelling and uncomfortable but after waking up this morning it's better and I can now see light at the end of the tunnel:D...literally!

Beautiful cigarette case, Jack and thanks for your kind words.:thumbsup: If I owned that case I would probably use it for my dry flies when I go fishing:D

Good morning Guardians and all. Back with my Ironwood again. Battery died on my camera so it's re-charging right now.:rolleyes: Recycled photo I'm afraid.
View attachment 1465804

Glad to hear you're doing OK Bill :thumbsup: Thanks, I have been meaning to send that vintage cigarette case to a UK Guardian for several years! :rolleyes: Finally got round to it yesterday :thumbsup: Looking crisp and clean buddy :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Greg, you understand precisely my friend :thumbsup: My replacement is by Microsoft, and the worst I've had. The keys are 'dead', and I keep hitting the corners of the other keys, which really slows things down, and I find myself looking at the keyboard, rather than at the screen. I hope I can find something better :thumbsup:
I miss manual typewriters.

The national 'lockdown' is lifted here, and we've now reverted to a system of regional 'tiers'. Here in Leeds we're in 'Tier 3', which is the strictest. So, I can't have a friend in my garden, but I can go shopping. It looks like Leeds Market will be open tomorrow, so I may walk into town, and see some of the pals who can't come into my garden :rolleyes: If I don't get a chance to post in the morning, have a good day everyone, and be careful out there :thumbsup:

Sxqozsq.jpg

Another neat photo Dan! You forgot the disclaimer, “No Squirrels were harmed in the taking of this photo”! :rolleyes: :D
:thumbsup: :D
A great closeup Dan! Really shows the grain in the wood! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron :). That's my African Rosewood that Jack gifted me :thumbsup:

Lovely colours there Dan, you're a great photographer :) :thumbsup:

Great pic Dan :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Thank you for the kind words Jack, I appreciate them my friend !

I am off for the next two days to unwind a bit, catch up with with some chores and go for extra longs walks with my wife :)

A peaceful lambsfoot pic is in order to prepare :).

fRXWER0.jpg

( car oil change, finish preparing for winter etc )

Back