Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

yQ33SRc.jpg

The covers are stag, I will search the forums and attempt a fix when I have a little time.

I wondered if they were horn, which can dry out, but that doesn't happen with stag. It shouldn't be hard to fix the blade-play (all you'll need is a vice and a hammer), though of course that shouldn't be necessary with a new knife. For all the faults with contemporary Sheffield knives, blade-play isn't usually among them.

Hope they all managed to upload.

Can't wait for lock down to be lifted so I can get out and use it.

Are there any other manufacturers I should be looking into for a better QC?

I'm quite interested to see if there are any German brands.

Here they are

0rH1G9q.jpg

W9VMktA.jpg

That's a poor job isn't it Harley? I hope you didn't spend much on it :( What are you going to do with it? We have some pretty good modders here, if you want to go down that road. I think @jsdistin did a fantastic job of the knife I'm carrying today for example, and the other knives my friend @Reaper AL sent him. Here are the three Al gifted to me :) :thumbsup:

nIyv6Qp.jpg

BTW You can put up to 20 photos in each post :thumbsup:

Hope they all managed to upload.

Can't wait for lock down to be lifted so I can get out and use it.

Are there any other manufacturers I should be looking into for a better QC?

I'm quite interested to see if there are any German brands.

All good :) :thumbsup:

I'm disappointed to say that all the contemporary manufacturers produce knives which are hit and miss, and I'm not aware of any current German manufacturer producing a genuine Lambsfoot :( Whereabouts are you based Harley?

Yeah its pretty poor, it has so much potential.

I wanted one to keep about my person as a gentlemanly accessory

I like to spend quite a lot of time in the outdoors so I always like to carry a knife of some sort. Mostly my SAK.

I'm in Hampshire on the south coast. Would love to have it modded but I think maybe I'll explore and see if I can pick up a better older example aswell.

I've been collecting knives since I was about 8 so roughly 26 years, I've got a lot of collecting left

There's something about traditional slipjoints that are quite magical. I think it's because the echo from a time where things were respected and appreciated for their value, rather than abused as throw away items

Yeah its pretty poor, it has so much potential.

I wanted one to keep about my person as a gentlemanly accessory

I like to spend quite a lot of time in the outdoors so I always like to carry a knife of some sort. Mostly my SAK.

I'm in Hampshire on the south coast. Would love to have it modded but I think maybe I'll explore and see if I can pick up a better older example aswell.

I've been collecting knives since I was about 8 so roughly 26 years, I've got a lot of collecting left

There's something about traditional slipjoints that are quite magical. I think it's because the echo from a time where things were respected and appreciated for their value, rather than abused as throw away items

Thanks for introducing yourself Harley :) What I'd recommend, when it's possible to do so, is have a look round some antique shops, or flea-markets, if you know of any, and try to pick up a vintage Lambsfoot. That will almost certainly be better quality than the knives being made in Sheffield today :thumbsup: If you've not already done so, please read the first post in this thread, as it contains some information that will be useful to you :thumbsup:

That's a poor job isn't it Harley? I hope you didn't spend much on it :( What are you going to do with it? We have some pretty good modders here, if you want to go down that road. I think @jsdistin did a fantastic job of the knife I'm carrying today for example, and the other knives my friend @Reaper AL sent him. Here are the three Al gifted to me :) :thumbsup:

nIyv6Qp.jpg

BTW You can put up to 20 photos in each post :thumbsup:

These are fantastic!!!

I hope I am posting this I the right place. I have a question regarding tang stamps on Lamb Foot knifes. I am new to knives so please forgive my ignorance. I bought a new lamb foot knife from a dealer in Sheffield off eBay. The knife is supposed to be made by A. Wright and Son in Sheffield. The tang stamp only has “Made in Sheffield”, “A. Wright & Son” is missing. Is it possible that this is an “A. Wright & Son” knife even though the tang stamp does not include that Mark?D2B83C84-11E7-40D9-A165-22C64E8FFB7E.jpeg

I hope I am posting this I the right place. I have a question regarding tang stamps on Lamb Foot knifes. I am new to knives so please forgive my ignorance. I bought a new lamb foot knife from a dealer in Sheffield off eBay. The knife is supposed to be made by A. Wright and Son in Sheffield. The tang stamp only has “Made in Sheffield”, “A. Wright & Son” is missing. Is it possible that this is an “A. Wright & Son” knife even though the tang stamp does not include that Mark?View attachment 1490519

That IS an A. Wright & Son knife. Some of their dealers don't want their name on their knives (perhaps worried they will steal their designs or something), so they request that stamp instead :thumbsup:

uOsKXWT.jpg

Thanks, I appreciate the information. There is so much to know, I love this hobby.

You're very welcome :thumbsup:

Brought home some fantastic homemade empanadas from a small local Argentinian restaurant.
You can watch them roll out the dough, press them, and cook them on the spot.

View attachment 1490651

Sounds delicious my friend, and looks it too. I hope you all enjoyed them :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, woke up to snow here, and it's still falling. Wonder if my beer run will get through :rolleyes: I grabbed a knife to take a blade comparison pic the other day, and by chance, I picked up my original (post BFO) sample for the 2019 Guardians SFO. Thought I'd put it in my pocket today :) Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

qtNiDm7.jpg

Back