Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I just read about Ron. Terrible, like much of last year.

Yesterday was an unseasonably warm, beautiful day. Perfect day to head outdoors for some target practice. I don't have a slingshot and given the current shortage I don't want to use up precious ammo that can't be readily replaced. So I dusted this off and got to shooting.

50850245782_663279a273_b.jpg

Yesterday was an unseasonably warm, beautiful day. Perfect day to head outdoors for some target practice. I don't have a slingshot and given the current shortage I don't want to use up precious ammo that can't be readily replaced. So I dusted this off and got to shooting.

That is a beautiful Lambsfoot you have there.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

A real shame Christian, and totally out of the blue :( Glad you're having some good weather, that's a cool pic, beautiful old Lambsfoot. I haven't had a go with a blow-gun since the 70's, but I thought they were cool, and very instinctive to aim. For some reason they were banned here, no idea why, you could still buy an AK at the time o_O

What the...!!!o_O:eek::eek::eek:.

Misery loves company o_O

That is a beautiful Lambsfoot you have there.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

A real shame Christian, and totally out of the blue :( Glad you're having some good weather, that's a cool pic, beautiful old Lambsfoot. I haven't had a go with a blow-gun since the 70's, but I thought they were cool, and very instinctive to aim. For some reason they were banned here, no idea why, you could still buy an AK at the time o_O

Thank fellas. Jack Black Jack Black like you I did find the blowgun fairly instinctive. Much more so than the old slingshot I used to have. I'd quickly go hungry if I had to hunt with one though.

I was very surprised at the penetrative power of the darts. Initially my backstop consisted of a single layer of cardboard box. After a half-dozen went straight through the cardboard, leaving the caps behind, I thought that it would be prudent to add a few more layers. I ended up with four in total. My shots would go through three with just the tip poking through the last layer.

All in all the blow gun is a very cool instrument. Now where to find some poison-dart frogs? o_O...:eek:...:D

Good afternoon Guardians, may I introduce my newest addition:
20210118-140848.jpg

And I would like to ask your advice. This Lambsfoot has a "split hoof", part of the horn is separated.
20210118-140905.jpg

I am currently trying to rehydrate the horn. Once this is accomplished, should I epoxy the split and the other cracks or should I have the sides replaced?

Hunker down and stay safe, Jack! Oh wait, that's what you've been doing anyway...

Thanks Rachel :) Yeah, I'm on a hill, so it isn't going to make a great deal of difference to me I don't think - Danger of Inconvenience! - Might delay my beer delivery again though o_O :thumbsup:

Thank fellas. Jack Black Jack Black like you I did find the blowgun fairly instinctive. Much more so than the old slingshot I used to have. I'd quickly go hungry if I had to hunt with one though.

I was very surprised at the penetrative power of the darts. Initially my backstop consisted of a single layer of cardboard box. After a half-dozen went straight through the cardboard, leaving the caps behind, I thought that it would be prudent to add a few more layers. I ended up with four in total. My shots would go through three with just the tip poking through the last layer.

All in all the blow gun is a very cool instrument. Now where to find some poison-dart frogs? o_O...:eek:...:D

Yeah, I was surprised how accurate they were Christian. I think the one my American pal had was the model they used to advertise in comic-books, with the guy holding up the big ant-eater! :D Easier to use than a slingshot, but I've also been surprised how fast you can get accurate with one of those too :cool: I need to get back to using mine now my back is OK again, for the moment at least :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

20210118-140848.jpg

And I would like to ask your advice. This Lambsfoot has a "split hoof", part of the horn is separated.
20210118-140905.jpg

I am currently trying to rehydrate the horn. Once this is accomplished, should I epoxy the split and the other cracks or should I have the sides replaced?

Congratulations B brewbear :cool: :thumbsup: That's a shame about the horn :( Nothing to lose from trying epoxy, maybe press the layers of horn together as it sets? I wonder if clear nail-varnish might even be worth trying? :thumbsup:

20210118-140848.jpg

20210118-140905.jpg

I would try to slowly fill the crevice with super glue, a couple little drops, wait some to let it reach the bottom and dry and repeat as needed. Once it's filled sand with very fine wet/dry paper and then buff. I did something similar with stag and it worked.

I would try to slowly fill the crevice with super glue, a couple little drops, wait some to let it reach the bottom and dry and repeat as needed. Once it's filled sand with very fine wet/dry paper and then buff. I did something similar with stag and it worked.
Great advise.I always listen to advise and tips from someone who has previously done a similar job.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::).

I'll send him an invoice. :D

:eek: :eek: ;) :D

:D :thumbsup:

Thanks for putting us on the map Barrett ;) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, miserable weather here, and due to get worse o_O Hope the rest of you are getting some sunshine, with brighter days ahead :) Thought I'd carry this older TEW today. Most of the older ones I come across have these cheap Bexoid covers, but the steel is good. Take care out there Guardians, and have a good day :thumbsup:

FCi8Flt.jpg

Back