Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Hello,
Good Wednesday to all.
Some pictures to have fun. ;)

l10.jpg

l_110.jpg

law_210.jpg

Striking photos :) Have a good day :thumbsup:

Thanks Bill, well I don't know what it is like elsewhere, and the worst isn't due until later, but here in Leeds, while it rained heavily all morning, it's now stopped :rolleyes: I'd go out for some exercise, but having just had a delivery of a dozen cases of beer, I think I've had my share for today! :D ;) I'm pleased to hear it's nicer there though my friend, hope you get everything done :) I watched Cape Fear (original) last night :) :thumbsup:

Very true :) :thumbsup:

Thanks pal, I'm OK here, but there's a fair bit of flooding round abouts, and worse to come it seems. York is affected, as per usual (no idea who was daft enough to park so close to the river). The city floods so regularly that I even have a stock Hartshead Barlow pic! :D

kings-staith-york-flood-feb-2020.jpg

FauIiVy.jpg

I will miss the Jorvik Viking Festival this year :(

yAVTsbe.jpg

I am stocked up to the rafters Dylan, but strangely, I haven't felt like drinking much this past week, think I've only had 3 beers :rolleyes: Good for you mate, it looks like you have some nice 'rewards' waiting there :) Great shot of your AC :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone's week is going well :) Stay safe out there today :thumbsup:

I'm pocketing my Charlie Lamb ;) :thumbsup:

PQgqKaI.jpg

Thank you, I'm just having a pastie for lunch ;) :) :thumbsup:

1LYF3JF.jpg
The WCLF is a good call Jack:thumbsup:. A very fine knife to be sure:thumbsup:. Sorry to hear about the flooding and all but sounds like you are fully stocked with beer to wait out the "siege":D. The Jorvik Viking Festival looks intriguing and fun. What is the pastie filled with? Looks tasty.

Good morning Guardians and all. Going to be moving to a new home in May but today I went to gather some cardboard moving boxes and break them down (with help from my HHB) then store them for use later:thumbsup:. The blade took a real nice edge on my box sharpener with ceramic rods:thumbsup:. Made real short work of those packing boxes:D.
IMG_2873.JPG

Thanks pal, I'm OK here, but there's a fair bit of flooding round abouts, and worse to come it seems. York is affected, as per usual (no idea who was daft enough to park so close to the river). The city floods so regularly that I even have a stock Hartshead Barlow pic! :D

FauIiVy.jpg

yAVTsbe.jpg

I am stocked up to the rafters Dylan, but strangely, I haven't felt like drinking much this past week, think I've only had 3 beers :rolleyes: Good for you mate, it looks like you have some nice 'rewards' waiting there :) Great shot of your AC :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone's week is going well :) Stay safe out there today :thumbsup:

PQgqKaI.jpg

I’ll miss seeing your photos from the Viking Festival. :(

Thank you, I'm just having a pastie for lunch ;) :) :thumbsup:

1LYF3JF.jpg

Looks good, Jack! Is that from Mabel’s? ;) :D

8LqepXJ.jpg

This picture brings tears to my eyes! I miss a good cigar and since I work 12+ hours days, I stay away from those wonderful elixirs that dull the senses. I miss them both but life goes on, enjoy them in good health. One of these days.....but retirement is far away:(

Life is too short to be working such long hours but I do understand that one has to do what they must. Hopefully you get the chance to kick up your feet now and then - a good dram and a slow smoke are excellent for such an occasion.

FauIiVy.jpg

yAVTsbe.jpg

PQgqKaI.jpg

Another symptom of this pandemic - no Viking Festival (are they even holding one this year) - what a shame! It is hard to think of attending gatherings these days - hopefully there will come a time soon where one can engage in more social merriment.

Good to see you are keeping above water so far, Jack, and with such fine cutlery!

Dylan, I've heard good things about Balcones, let us know what you think. RALF and me are doing some tea this morning.

kDnrmCz.jpg

Tea is definitely a staple for me right now. I've been enjoying some Harney & Sons teas lately. I've never had a "Texas Single Malt" so I will be sure to report back when I get the chance to crack into that Balcones.

8LqepXJ.jpg

So, uh.. have you read American Gods by Neil Gaiman yet? :D 'Tis on my rather lengthy list of books to read. I am currently in the middle of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World and then Island of Doctor Moreau by H.G. Wells, followed by perhaps either Anansi Boys or American Gods. A host of other books to follow after - never enough time - I marvel at the fictitious Captain Nemo's library aboard the Nautilus and am rather amazed at the time he had to read it all...

The AC for me again today with some H&S Scottish Morn tea.

NI0YcMa.jpg

So, uh.. have you read American Gods by Neil Gaiman yet? :D 'Tis on my rather lengthy list of books to read. I am currently in the middle of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World and then Island of Doctor Moreau by H.G. Wells, followed by perhaps either Anansi Boys or American Gods. A host of other books to follow after - never enough time - I marvel at the fictitious Captain Nemo's library aboard the Nautilus and am rather amazed at the time he had to read it all...

I have read it, just a few times. ;) :D Most of those times, it was the paperback in the middle. I read the 10th Anniversary hardcover once (it’s a slightly different “author’s preferred text”). The mass market paperback on top came out a couple years ago, and I bought it simply because I loved the retro-inspired cover (painted by Robert McGinnis). There’s a large-format hardcover annotated version that I’ll probably end up with at some point, too. :rolleyes:

Honestly, it’s one of my favorite books. It’s been a while since I read Anansi Boys, but I remember enjoying that one a lot, too. The two books are (sort of) connected. Personally I’d recommend reading American Gods first, but I don’t think it really matters all that much.

Life is too short to be working such long hours
I agree with you 110% but healthcare folks aren't getting much of a break lately and time off is very scarce. Many of the measures taken are akin to closing the barn door after the cows got out and many times it is too little, too late. For the time being, I'll let you folks raise a glass, savor a good cigar and stay safe, coffee or tea (Harney & Sons Imperial Earl Grey at work and Winter White at home) will do for me.

Last edited:
Dylan, I've heard good things about Balcones, let us know what you think. RALF and me are doing some tea this morning.

kDnrmCz.jpg

RALF is looking good my friend :) :thumbsup:

From in here, I'm guessing maybe three inches. It was cold, so it's fluffy. Maybe I'll try that generally useless plastic scoop thing.
6QaPH5Z.jpg

I seem to have taken my iron sleigh downstairs.
After all, Spring is at the very gates!

How're you getting on with the castanets Jer, I don't think I've held any since I was a kid? Did you ever see anyone playing the spoons or bones when you were in London? :thumbsup:

The WCLF is a good call Jack:thumbsup:. A very fine knife to be sure:thumbsup:. Sorry to hear about the flooding and all but sounds like you are fully stocked with beer to wait out the "siege":D. The Jorvik Viking Festival looks intriguing and fun. What is the pastie filled with? Looks tasty.

Good morning Guardians and all. Going to be moving to a new home in May but today I went to gather some cardboard moving boxes and break them down (with help from my HHB) then store them for use later:thumbsup:. The blade took a real nice edge on my box sharpener with ceramic rods:thumbsup:. Made real short work of those packing boxes:D.
View attachment 1494470

Thanks Bill, I should break out my ebony WCLF at some point :) Yeah, I could lock the door for six months, and I'd do OK! :D I will miss the Viking Festival, I enjoyed going to last year's not long before all the covid craziness started, it seems like a long time ago now o_O The pastie wasn't bad, it was 'Moroccan Vegetable' :)

Moving home is a big thing at any time of life Bill, I hope everything goes well for you. Glad to hear your Hartshead Barlow is helping out :) :thumbsup:

8LqepXJ.jpg

Thanks Barrett, I'll post a few old pics below :) I'm afraid my pastie was just from the supermarket :rolleyes: Cool pic buddy :) :thumbsup:

BXSYH3y.jpg

3YFKtrB.jpg

GLr761h.jpg

YzTefB0.jpg

VbimYLX.jpg

KI9hq5G.jpg

Another symptom of this pandemic - no Viking Festival (are they even holding one this year) - what a shame! It is hard to think of attending gatherings these days - hopefully there will come a time soon where one can engage in more social merriment.

Good to see you are keeping above water so far, Jack, and with such fine cutlery!

Tea is definitely a staple for me right now. I've been enjoying some Harney & Sons teas lately. I've never had a "Texas Single Malt" so I will be sure to report back when I get the chance to crack into that Balcones.

The AC for me again today with some H&S Scottish Morn tea.

NI0YcMa.jpg

I shall miss it Dylan, last year's was pretty good, and I was impressed by the quality of some of the knives I saw. I'm looking forward to next year's, and hope it's as popular :)

Thanks my friend, it's currently dry outside, but there's some rain and sleet forecast for later. It really hasn't been too bad where I am. I might even go out for a short walk later. Another great pic of your AC pal :) :thumbsup:

I agree with you 110% but healthcare folks aren't getting much of a break lately and time off is very scarce. Many of the measures taken are akin to closing the barn door after the cows got out and many times it is too little, too late. For the time being, I'll let you folks raise a glass, savor a good cigar and stay safe, coffee or tea (Harney & Sons Imperial Earl Grey at work and Winter White at home) will do for me.

Thanks for all your hard work B brewbear , I hope it isn't too long before you can take some time off again :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, it's a brighter day today, and I feel I should venture out for some fresh air before the next downpour. I hope everyone is doing well :) Thought I'd go swanky today with a knife I know our friend Ron @Half/Stop loved :) Have a good day Guardians, stay safe out there :thumbsup:

J3vJarA.jpg

Unfortunately, in the time it took to take a pic, the skies here have darkened, and the rain has come again o_O Here's an older pic from a better day :rolleyes:

fmf7snM.jpg

RALF is looking good my friend :) :thumbsup:

How're you getting on with the castanets Jer, I don't think I've held any since I was a kid? Did you ever see anyone playing the spoons or bones when you were in London? :thumbsup:

Thanks Bill, I should break out my ebony WCLF at some point :) Yeah, I could lock the door for six months, and I'd do OK! :D I will miss the Viking Festival, I enjoyed going to last year's not long before all the covid craziness started, it seems like a long time ago now o_O The pastie wasn't bad, it was 'Moroccan Vegetable' :)

Moving home is a big thing at any time of life Bill, I hope everything goes well for you. Glad to hear your Hartshead Barlow is helping out :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Barrett, I'll post a few old pics below :) I'm afraid my pastie was just from the supermarket :rolleyes: Cool pic buddy :) :thumbsup:

BXSYH3y.jpg

3YFKtrB.jpg

GLr761h.jpg

YzTefB0.jpg

VbimYLX.jpg

KI9hq5G.jpg

I shall miss it Dylan, last year's was pretty good, and I was impressed by the quality of some of the knives I saw. I'm looking forward to next year's, and hope it's as popular :)

Thanks my friend, it's currently dry outside, but there's some rain and sleet forecast for later. It really hasn't been too bad where I am. I might even go out for a short walk later. Another great pic of your AC pal :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for all your hard work B brewbear , I hope it isn't too long before you can take some time off again :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, it's a brighter day today, and I feel I should venture out for some fresh air before the next downpour. I hope everyone is doing well :) Thought I'd go swanky today with a knife I know our friend Ron @Half/Stop loved :) Have a good day Guardians, stay safe out there :thumbsup:

J3vJarA.jpg

Unfortunately, in the time it took to take a pic, the skies here have darkened, and the rain has come again o_O Here's an older pic from a better day :rolleyes:

fmf7snM.jpg
Jack, those are great photos of the Viking Festival; sorry I didn't happen this year due to COVID:(. Hope your weather improves too. Nice looking shots of the "Jack Black Ironwood" Lambfoot knife.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians and all. Going for my 1st COVID vaccine shot this morning. The distribution of the vaccine has been a bit of a confusing matter. I hope things get better and we all get this awful disease behind us. Inspired by Jack's photos I decided to carry my Ironwood too.
IMG_2718.JPG

Jack, those are great photos of the Viking Festival; sorry I didn't happen this year due to COVID:(. Hope your weather improves too. Nice looking shots of the "Jack Black Ironwood" Lambfoot knife.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians and all. Going for my 1st COVID vaccine shot this morning. The distribution of the vaccine has been a bit of a confusing matter. I hope things get better and we all get this awful disease behind us. Inspired by Jack's photos I decided to carry my Ironwood too.
View attachment 1495027

Thank you Bill, there are a few more photos from the festival in this thread here :thumbsup: A lot of Scandinavians come over for it to celebrate our shared heritage (many words of Old Norse are still in daily use in Yorkshire) :) I'm grateful for your kind words, I never really manage to catch the Damascus pattern on these knives, like our better photographers (come back @Fodderwing !) :thumbsup:

Good news on your shot buddy, (things are a bit confusing here too) :) Nice pic of your '19 :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Nope, I've seen the spoons in Kalamazoo, but not in London.
I enjoy making more noise with the castanets since youtube showed me I'd been holding them wrong, but I never really meant to play them. I got them for a dollar at a garage sale, to hang on my rear-view mirror when cruising for bailadoras.
It worked about as well as most of my stratagems.
ZVUdPfi.jpg

It's a beautiful sunny day. I'm going to go to the Nature Center and make the deer blush at their locomotive inadequacy.

The sun is out today and to look out the window, you'd think it was beach weather. Not so. Very cold with snow expected tonight through the weekend. This Tiger Cowrie Shell from Diego Garcia in the British Indian Ocean Territory reminds me of the beach there and Charlie's WCLF highlights it perfectly.

8rFXqTi.jpg

Nope, I've seen the spoons in Kalamazoo, but not in London.
I enjoy making more noise with the castanets since youtube showed me I'd been holding them wrong, but I never really meant to play them. I got them for a dollar at a garage sale, to hang on my rear-view mirror when cruising for bailadoras.
It worked about as well as most of my stratagems.
ZVUdPfi.jpg

It's a beautiful sunny day. I'm going to go to the Nature Center and make the deer blush at their locomotive inadequacy.

Really? Very interesting :cool: YT is the fount of all knowledge! :D Smooth move my friend! :D ;) When I was a kid, and overseas travel was becoming more accessible for ordinary Britons, I would occasionally see castanets hung up as ornaments. OTW is looking good :) :thumbsup:

Back