Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Got this one in my pocket today:
View attachment 1498020

And why not Bill? :D ;) :thumbsup:

I met up with a pal of mine this afternoon :) He is not allowed to sit in my garden, but we are allowed to walk round the local park together, which we did in the rain. He told me he had brought us a 'power smoothie' each, which turned out to be Guinness in a sports drink cup :D :thumbsup:

I've just ordered a couple of large pizzas and some mixed bhaji starters :) :D ;) :thumbsup:

AezlJV3.jpg

I love South Lake Tahoe it's always nice to get up there. It's just a quick trip up the "hill" lol.

OHVZcNR.jpg

Bp9RnJV.jpg

eoDlL4a.jpg

jKZNZD5.png

I love Lake Tahoe. One of my favorite places in the entire world. If I ever get a 2nd home, Lake Tahoe would be at the top of the list. So beautiful, and enjoyable throughout the entire year.

I have a nice library as it stands now but one can never have enough books (kind of like knives...:D).

"...a man cannot have too many books, too many wines, or too much ammunition."

LOL! :D Dapper Dan was the first thing I thought of when I saw it Barrett :D :thumbsup:

I wonder if that vintage “hair jelly” you got was that color when it was new? :confused: :D

I met up with a pal of mine this afternoon :) He is not allowed to sit in my garden, but we are allowed to walk round the local park together, which we did in the rain. He told me he had brought us a 'power smoothie' each, which turned out to be Guinness in a sports drink cup :D :thumbsup:

BRILLIANT!! :D

I've just ordered a couple of large pizzas and some mixed bhaji starters :) :D ;) :thumbsup:

AezlJV3.jpg

Sounds like a fine meal, Jack. :thumbsup:

Your Waynorth Lambsfoot is looking good, too. I like the dark colored bone (mine is noticeably lighter; not bad, just different).

Wish I had someone looking after my health like that! :thumbsup::D

:D :thumbsup:

I wonder if that vintage “hair jelly” you got was that color when it was new? :confused: :D

Who knows! :eek: :D When I was at school, there was an annual school fete, a hangover from the days when it was a grammar school, rather than a school for hooligans :rolleyes: Most of the pupils were actively discouraged from attending o_O One of the classes in my year had a teacher who ran the annual tombola stall. The prizes were all alcoholic drinks, which she kept in a store cupboard next to the classroom. The class broke into the room, drank all the booze, and cleverly, they replaced all the liquid with coloured water. On the day of the fete, the winners of the prizes started to realise that they had been duped. However, there was a liqueur, which was so obscure, none of the school teachers had ever tasted it, and they never worked out if the liqueur had been stolen by the pupils, and replaced by who knows what, or if it actually tasted that way :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

BRILLIANT!! :D

I was telling my friend about a pal I had in the late 1970's, who was in hospital with a broken leg. We had to buy large bottles of Dandelion & Burdock , throw the liquid away, and re-fill the bottles with Guiness, so that we could smuggle him in a drink :D :thumbsup:

Sounds like a fine meal, Jack. :thumbsup:

Only my second takeaway in 12 months Barrett :) I enjoyed it, but my appetite is not so big as when I was younger. I managed one of the pizzas, and about a third of the bhajis :rolleyes: I've got lunch covered tomorrow though ;) :D :thumbsup:

Your Waynorth Lambsfoot is looking good, too. I like the dark colored bone (mine is noticeably lighter; not bad, just different).

Thank you my friend, special knives for sure :) Of course it got to do the honours on the pizza! :D :thumbsup:

vxvHpl2.jpg

I just received these lambsfoot impersonators. The are lambsfoot blades only by a stretch of the imagination, the tips are rounded off and sit at a slight angle.
20210126-145720.jpg

I need to grind it to a more traditional shape when time allows but I wanted to ask the more experienced guardians for their opinion.
20210126-150242.jpg

Adding insult to injury, the blades are stainless.

One more thing I want to add for the benefit of the members here, I had my second vaccine (Covid-19)shot this past Sunday and after talking to several coworkers who completed the series before me (with various degrees of very unpleasant reactions) I started taking one ADVIL every 6 hours. It was very effective and I had minimal reactions to the vaccine.
It seems that J. Rodgers moved to a more angular tip on their lambsfoot blades and I could probably live with that but the rounding at the edge tip is rather infuriating.

Found these strawbs today. These are the tasty small proper strawberries, not the genetically modified crossbreds that are the size of golf balls and taste{or lack there of} like golf balls.:eek::eek::eek:o_O.:p:).

I went xc skiing alone today.
My daughter had a lot of homework and did the responsible thing and stayed home ;)

My cabin fever spikes up if I don't go out though, so off I went.
Managed to do a 6.5 km trail in an "extended lunch hour" from work.

Summerstown trails

The section labeled "3" is a low laying marshy area where I also took some pics in the summer.

From my GPS app
BO2rKKLl.png

Brought my Hartshead Barlow for a tour.

GlNB5eh.jpg

Section 3

5NEg9Sp.jpg

znZx9Ry.jpg

Gd6QgSn.jpg

Section 3 in the summer
jGuax9s.jpg

PS: If my boss is into traditional slipjoints and happens to read this, I flexed my time and stayed after hours and everything is done :thumbsup::)

I just received these lambsfoot impersonators. The are lambsfoot blades only by a stretch of the imagination, the tips are rounded off and sit at a slight angle.
20210126-145720.jpg

I need to grind it to a more traditional shape when time allows but I wanted to ask the more experienced guardians for their opinion.
20210126-150242.jpg

Adding insult to injury, the blades are stainless.

I guess they are what they are, Eggington's certainly don't put a lot of work into them o_O

One more thing I want to add for the benefit of the members here, I had my second vaccine (Covid-19)shot this past Sunday and after talking to several coworkers who completed the series before me (with various degrees of very unpleasant reactions) I started taking one ADVIL every 6 hours. It was very effective and I had minimal reactions to the vaccine.
It seems that J. Rodgers moved to a more angular tip on their lambsfoot blades and I could probably live with that but the rounding at the edge tip is rather infuriating.

Congratulations B brewbear . Is Advil Ibuprofen? The vaccination programme seems to be turning into a bit of a shambles here. So far the only people I know who've had a shot are health-care workers, and they don't know when they'll get the second. They are using two vaccines here, both work differently. The folks I know who have had the Pfizer one haven't had any adverse reactions, beyond a sore arm, but the ones who have had the Oxford Astrazeneca said it took a lot out of them for a few days.

Found these strawbs today. These are the tasty small proper strawberries, not the genetically modified crossbreds that are the size of golf balls and taste{or lack there of} like golf balls.:eek::eek::eek:o_O.:p:).

Your pic's not showing Leon :thumbsup:

I went xc skiing alone today.
My daughter had a lot of homework and did the responsible thing and stayed home ;)

My cabin fever spikes up if I don't go out though, so off I went.
Managed to do a 6.5 km trail in an "extended lunch hour" from work.

Summerstown trails

The section labeled "3" is a low laying marshy area where I also took some pics in the summer.

From my GPS app
BO2rKKLl.png

Brought my Hartshead Barlow for a tour.

GlNB5eh.jpg

Section 3

5NEg9Sp.jpg

znZx9Ry.jpg

Gd6QgSn.jpg

Section 3 in the summer
jGuax9s.jpg

PS: If my boss is into traditional slipjoints and happens to read this, I flexed my time and stayed after hours and everything is done :thumbsup::)

That must have been a real tonic Dan :) Thanks for the wonderful pics, looks amazing :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone is ticking over OK. It's raining again here o_O I've got a few deliveries coming, so I can't see me going very far :rolleyes: Have a good day Guardians :) :thumbsup:

Here's my new coffee pot :D :) :thumbsup:

9LTseIV.jpg

Congratulations B brewbear . Is Advil Ibuprofen? The vaccination programme seems to be turning into a bit of a shambles here. So far the only people I know who've had a shot are health-care workers, and they don't know when they'll get the second. They are using two vaccines here, both work differently. The folks I know who have had the Pfizer one haven't had any adverse reactions, beyond a sore arm, but the ones who have had the Oxford Astrazeneca said it took a lot out of them for a few days.
Good morning Guardians.
Ibuprofen is the generic for Advil, they work the same. I work in health-care so we got the vaccine early. Here we have the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine, side effects vary from person to person.

Good day to all of you

today681.jpg

Cool pic :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians.
Ibuprofen is the generic for Advil, they work the same. I work in health-care so we got the vaccine early. Here we have the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine, side effects vary from person to person.

Thanks for the info B brewbear , Advil isn't available here, but I have plenty of generic Ibuprofen :thumbsup:

That must have been a real tonic Dan :) Thanks for the wonderful pics, looks amazing :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack, a real tonic indeed.
I sweat a lot when xc skiing :eek: and like to think I am flushing out all the toxins lol :D

Nice long handle on your new coffee pot :D:)

Have a great day Guardians ! :)

Back