Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

:D :thumbsup:

Who knows! :eek: :D When I was at school, there was an annual school fete, a hangover from the days when it was a grammar school, rather than a school for hooligans :rolleyes: Most of the pupils were actively discouraged from attending o_O One of the classes in my year had a teacher who ran the annual tombola stall. The prizes were all alcoholic drinks, which she kept in a store cupboard next to the classroom. The class broke into the room, drank all the booze, and cleverly, they replaced all the liquid with coloured water. On the day of the fete, the winners of the prizes started to realise that they had been duped. However, there was a liqueur, which was so obscure, none of the school teachers had ever tasted it, and they never worked out if the liqueur had been stolen by the pupils, and replaced by who knows what, or if it actually tasted that way :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

I was telling my friend about a pal I had in the late 1970's, who was in hospital with a broken leg. We had to buy large bottles of Dandelion & Burdock , throw the liquid away, and re-fill the bottles with Guiness, so that we could smuggle him in a drink :D :thumbsup:

Only my second takeaway in 12 months Barrett :) I enjoyed it, but my appetite is not so big as when I was younger. I managed one of the pizzas, and about a third of the bhajis :rolleyes: I've got lunch covered tomorrow though ;) :D :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend, special knives for sure :) Of course it got to do the honours on the pizza! :D :thumbsup:

vxvHpl2.jpg
I also had some pizza today for lunch - two minis - one cheese and on peperoni and cheese. I guess great mines think alike!:D

Today is wet and cold - really bad for my moral. On top of all that I had to repair some plumbing this morning...I hate plumbing.:mad: Got it all back together and nothing leaks - Yeah man!:D Decided that this evening I would open a fresh bottle of scotch and of course, my HHB by my side.:thumbsup:
IMG_2880.JPG

Thank you Jack, a real tonic indeed.
I sweat a lot when xc skiing :eek: and like to think I am flushing out all the toxins lol :D

Nice long handle on your new coffee pot :D:)

Have a great day Guardians ! :)

I'm sure you do Dan! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, it's a pot for making Arabic or Turkish coffee :) I remember trying to buy one in the 70's, and it was a real struggle - much easier with the internet! :D I realised I need a trivet for my gas stove, so that was something else to buy online :rolleyes:

Morning, Guardians. Halfway to the weekend! :D

cA5Rslv.jpg

Looking good Mike :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Happy Wednesday Guardians!

Have a good one Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Just having a tasty Taylor Beer ;) :D :thumbsup:

FsgSDis.jpg

I also had some pizza today for lunch - two minis - one cheese and on peperoni and cheese. I guess great mines think alike!:D

Today is wet and cold - really bad for my moral. On top of all that I had to repair some plumbing this morning...I hate plumbing.:mad: Got it all back together and nothing leaks - Yeah man!:D Decided that this evening I would open a fresh bottle of scotch and of course, my HHB by my side.:thumbsup:
View attachment 1498801

Lucky you Bill :) I've been eating it all day! :D Glad you got the plumbing done in the end. Not my favourite thing either o_O I do like Ardbeg though :) Slainte Bill :) Great pic of your Barlow :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Who knows! :eek: :D When I was at school, there was an annual school fete, a hangover from the days when it was a grammar school, rather than a school for hooligans :rolleyes: Most of the pupils were actively discouraged from attending o_O One of the classes in my year had a teacher who ran the annual tombola stall. The prizes were all alcoholic drinks, which she kept in a store cupboard next to the classroom. The class broke into the room, drank all the booze, and cleverly, they replaced all the liquid with coloured water. On the day of the fete, the winners of the prizes started to realise that they had been duped. However, there was a liqueur, which was so obscure, none of the school teachers had ever tasted it, and they never worked out if the liqueur had been stolen by the pupils, and replaced by who knows what, or if it actually tasted that way :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Took me a minute to remember where I'd seen or heard the word "tombola" before, but then it came to me...

XJHKIqC.png

Only my second takeaway in 12 months Barrett :) I enjoyed it, but my appetite is not so big as when I was younger. I managed one of the pizzas, and about a third of the bhajis :rolleyes: I've got lunch covered tomorrow though ;) :D :thumbsup:

I haven't eaten in a restaurant since March, but we get takeout probably twice a week. :D I always like to order more pizza than I can eat in one meal; cold pizza is pretty good with some Secret Aardvark on it. :thumbsup:

zLrXwF6.jpg

Thank you my friend, special knives for sure :) Of course it got to do the honours on the pizza! :D :thumbsup:

vxvHpl2.jpg

Looks good, Jack! :cool: :thumbsup:

I went xc skiing alone today.
My daughter had a lot of homework and did the responsible thing and stayed home ;)

My cabin fever spikes up if I don't go out though, so off I went.
Managed to do a 6.5 km trail in an "extended lunch hour" from work.

Summerstown trails

The section labeled "3" is a low laying marshy area where I also took some pics in the summer.

From my GPS app
BO2rKKLl.png

Brought my Hartshead Barlow for a tour.

GlNB5eh.jpg

Section 3

5NEg9Sp.jpg

znZx9Ry.jpg

Gd6QgSn.jpg

Section 3 in the summer
jGuax9s.jpg

PS: If my boss is into traditional slipjoints and happens to read this, I flexed my time and stayed after hours and everything is done :thumbsup::)

Great photos, Dan! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks good Jack!

I enjoyed it Taylor, and the 3 other cans I had ;) :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black I will have a second go.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;):).
xk7aF1y.jpg

That's it mate! :) Great-looking Lambsfoot, and those strawberries look the business :) :thumbsup:

There it is! Looks great!!:thumbsup:

Great to see you here Mark, how are you doing buddy? :) :thumbsup:

Dwight! :) Fantastic to see you here my friend, and what a gorgeous photo, it really shows the Ironwood off well :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Took me a minute to remember where I'd seen or heard the word "tombola" before, but then it came to me...

XJHKIqC.png

I haven't eaten in a restaurant since March, but we get takeout probably twice a week. :D I always like to order more pizza than I can eat in one meal; cold pizza is pretty good with some Secret Aardvark on it. :thumbsup:

zLrXwF6.jpg

Looks good, Jack! :cool: :thumbsup:

Great photos, Dan! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

LOL! :D It was considered anachronistic even when I was a boy! :D :thumbsup:

I also order extra pizza Barrett :D Thanks for the tip on the Secret Aardvark ;) :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, nice to see some old friends call in :) Hope everyone is having a reasonable week. I thought I'd carry my Rosewood Big 'Un today, a humble knife, but one I always enjoy carrying :) :thumbsup:

I9sgybu.jpg

remember where I'd seen or heard the word "tombola" before
I must have lived a very sheltered life:rolleyes:;), a "Tombola" is a large marble used to knock marbles out of the ring drawn on the ground in the game of marbles.:confused: That is the only time i have heard of tombola.o_O:D.

Back