Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Well Jack, I managed to put a nice edge onto the Ol'Girl, there was a little bit of Upsweep toward the Tip- I seemed to have found my method now to stop doing this, The Bone has cleaned up real nice, like I said in the earlier post, every night I would spend an Hour or so with a Bamboo pick- man it got to testing my patience as I think "Yeah...that looks great- wipe it all down with Mineral Oil and then out come all these tiny wee teenie specs of White that are stuck on like Glue!!! :eek::(
The Bone and it's Jig work look so nice Now, the Blade is Hair Shaving Sharp- welcome back to being a very cool Knife!

Before...
66oK6Wv.jpg

tvqMasg.jpg

After...
hqkibhR.jpg

S5Uen7u.jpg

Great job Duncan.:thumbsup: Looks very good. Sometimes, I like a knife that has obvious signs of hard use and this is one of those knives. That'll be a great user for sure.:)

Jack I'm very sorry to hear about Mr Shaw. He is yet another jewel I would have never been aware of were it not for you. Truly a loss for you but what a joy to have had him as a personal friend. The twinkle in his eye is what I always noticed in the pics you posted. (And those amazing hands).

IMG_5196.jpg

Well Jack, I managed to put a nice edge onto the Ol'Girl, there was a little bit of Upsweep toward the Tip- I seemed to have found my method now to stop doing this, The Bone has cleaned up real nice, like I said in the earlier post, every night I would spend an Hour or so with a Bamboo pick- man it got to testing my patience as I think "Yeah...that looks great- wipe it all down with Mineral Oil and then out come all these tiny wee teenie specs of White that are stuck on like Glue!!! :eek::(
The Bone and it's Jig work look so nice Now, the Blade is Hair Shaving Sharp- welcome back to being a very cool Knife!

Before...
66oK6Wv.jpg

tvqMasg.jpg

After...
hqkibhR.jpg

S5Uen7u.jpg

Quite an improvement, Duncan! Well done! :thumbsup:

I'm very sad to have to report that Stan Shaw passed away on Friday :( Thought I'd carry the Lambsfoot he made me a few years ago. RIP Stan :thumbsup:

l8wdcop.jpg

oYR5mHX.jpg

Jack, I know that was already a treasured knife, but I’m sure it’ll be even more so now. :thumbsup:

Great weather for a trip to Chester, and those are great photos David, impressive bridge, incredible shrine, and what a haul of ale! :eek: :cool: Cheers my friend :) :thumbsup:

I've had a pretty good day, a nice walk through some local woodland, and I've been sat outside, round the fire, with my neighbours, until 10.00pm, pretty unusual in February :) Beautiful moon too :cool: I'm just warming up with a cuppa and some ginger biscuits ;) :thumbsup:

sfcoGaY.jpg

Thanks Jack, great flowers there. I saw a bee today on some crocuses. :thumbsup:

I'm very sad to have to report that Stan Shaw passed away on Friday :( Thought I'd carry the Lambsfoot he made me a few years ago. RIP Stan :thumbsup:

l8wdcop.jpg

oYR5mHX.jpg

Well I'm sorry to hear that Jack, he was a true part of Sheffield history.
My condolences anyway, I know you spent a lot of time with him. :(

tUFDH7Z.jpg

l8wdcop.jpg

oYR5mHX.jpg

Oh Jack!!!
It’s very strange as I was thinking of Stan yesterday as I was driving home from my work ( had to get my Laptop as we are in Lockdown again ), from our conversation a short while ago hearing about his health I have been worried but also expecting this simply because of the degree of his condition.

Jack I know you were very close to Stan and I can see why, the time you, Sue and I spent with Stan has stayed with me all this time as I honestly thought he was such a wonderful Man.
Another massive part of Sheffield closes the Doors.
What a major loss! Stan being such a great man, his hard working amazing life and amazing Talent and skill sets and to Sheffield and the Whole of the Knife World.
My condolences to you Jack my friend - I feel for you right now! I’m glad you and Stan were such good friends.
R.I.P Mr Stan Shaw you amazing person.

Jack I'm very sorry to hear about Mr Shaw. He is yet another jewel I would have never been aware of were it not for you. Truly a loss for you but what a joy to have had him as a personal friend. The twinkle in his eye is what I always noticed in the pics you posted. (And those amazing hands).

View attachment 1518270
Color coordinated, i'm impressed.:rolleyes::).

View attachment 1518270

Thank you Dwight, Stan really was a lovely man, as well as a great cutler. I am certainly very glad to have known him. The twinkle was always there :) That's a fabulous pic :thumbsup:

Jack, I know that was already a treasured knife, but I’m sure it’ll be even more so now. :thumbsup:

Definitely Barrett, it is one of the very few Lambsfoot knives I have in stainless, in fact I'm not sure I have another. I actually asked Stan to make me one in carbon. Now there was a waiting list of around 4 years for Stan's knives, so I was very surprised when he rang me up about a week later to tell me he had made it ("Some knives get made faster than others."). He told me, "I know you wanted it in carbon, but I thought you could save it for best." :rolleyes: :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, great flowers there. I saw a bee today on some crocuses. :thumbsup:

Well I'm sorry to hear that Jack, he was a true part of Sheffield history.
My condolences anyway, I know you spent a lot of time with him. :(

tUFDH7Z.jpg

Thank you David :) Yes, it's certainly sad news :( That looks like interesting ale, I've known quite a few Ampleforth lads over the years :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Oh Jack!!!
It’s very strange as I was thinking of Stan yesterday as I was driving home from my work ( had to get my Laptop as we are in Lockdown again ), from our conversation a short while ago hearing about his health I have been worried but also expecting this simply because of the degree of his condition.

Jack I know you were very close to Stan and I can see why, the time you, Sue and I spent with Stan has stayed with me all this time as I honestly thought he was such a wonderful Man.
Another massive part of Sheffield closes the Doors.
What a major loss! Stan being such a great man, his hard working amazing life and amazing Talent and skill sets and to Sheffield and the Whole of the Knife World.
My condolences to you Jack my friend - I feel for you right now! I’m glad you and Stan were such good friends.
R.I.P Mr Stan Shaw you amazing person.

Duncan, you were the first person I thought of when I heard the news, other than Stan's wife, Rosemary (he always called her Rosie). Yes, it was just a matter of time I'm afraid my friend, and he went at home, after a long life, holding Rosemary's hand. Thanks pal, whenever I visited Stan, you were never far away :) :thumbsup:

Some days call for work; some for play. Today's been a healthy blend of both.

ChboY4Ch.jpg

Wishing my fellow Guardians a relaxing rest of your weekend and a fulfilling week ahead!

Good to see that one Greg :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a great weekend, and that you have a good start to the week. Foggy here today, quite a contrast to the sunny weather we've had over the past few days here, but then it is only March. I'm having marmalade on my toast in honour of the late great Stan Shaw :( :thumbsup:

xTnfxMi.jpg

I'm a bit disappointed with my choice of calendar this year. It was expensive, and while it contains some genuinely calendar-worthy shots, they're padded out with mediocre ones :rolleyes:

I23HZVn.jpg

Nothing on my calendar apart from my Covid vaccinations, which having heard absolutely nothing from my doctor, I've just gone ahead and booked myself. First one is on the 10th :thumbsup:

I'm having leek and potato soup for my mid-day meal (historically called dinner), and thought I'd ask my elderly neighbours if they would like some. You wouldn't think it from the way they dress and live, but they're both from very privileged backgrounds, and loaded. They were favourable to the idea, but then we had to negotiate in what form I was going to take the soup round. I suggested a food flask, but it has to be in a saucepan. Just as I was leaving, I was instructed, "We have lunch at 1.00pm." Yes, m'lady! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

images

Back