Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Two interesting Lambsfoot knives OT :cool: I've never seen that G. Wines tang stamp before, but that looks like one of Wright's standard Rosewood models with Gary Wines' tang stamp. Certainly wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting the A. Wright tang stamp. What's the quality like, is it any better than Wright's, or just the same? :thumbsup:

Just a friendly reminder T tiguy7 , that is not a Lambsfoot blade and more than likely it should be posted in a different thread.

Mate, just to save any angst. That is nowhere near a Lambsfoot knife or blade, you have posted it in the wrong thread.:thumbsup::).

Thanks a lot guys :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Got it! Thanks. What is the difference between a sheep’s foot, a lamb’s foot, and a Wharncliff?

Go back to the start of the thread, post 1, and have a read. It is very informative and interesting. But take your time, if you like knife history well worth the time.:thumbsup::).

That's good advice from cudgee cudgee T tiguy7 , reading the early posts will, hopefully, answer all your questions about the lambsfoot pattern, which is the focus of this thread :thumbsup: In the meantime, would you be kind enough to edit the photo out of your previous post. Thanks :thumbsup:

OQ6XyWO.png

Good morning Guardians, thanks to Ted and Leon for helping to maintain the integrity of this thread :thumbsup: Halfway through another week already! I hope yours is going well :) I'm back with my trusty Hartshead Barlow. Have a good day Guardians, and stay safe out there :thumbsup:

UZCDCHF.jpg

Two interesting Lambsfoot knives OT :cool: I've never seen that G. Wines tang stamp before, but that looks like one of Wright's standard Rosewood models with Gary Wines' tang stamp. Certainly wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting the A. Wright tang stamp. What's the quality like, is it any better than Wright's, or just the same? :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot guys :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's good advice from cudgee cudgee T tiguy7 , reading the early posts will, hopefully, answer all your questions about the lambsfoot pattern, which is the focus of this thread :thumbsup: In the meantime, would you be kind enough to edit the photo out of your previous post. Thanks :thumbsup:

OQ6XyWO.png

Good morning Guardians, thanks to Ted and Leon for helping to maintain the integrity of this thread :thumbsup: Halfway through another week already! I hope yours is going well :) I'm back with my trusty Hartshead Barlow. Have a good day Guardians, and stay safe out there :thumbsup:

UZCDCHF.jpg
Good morning Jack - or maybe it's afternoon where you are:D. Had a fine day on the links yesterday but...sore as heck today:thumbsdown:. The wages of age and sin, I guess:D. Today is starting out miserable I'm sorry to say. Rain and cold:mad:. Good day to be indoors but I have to go out in it and run some errands:rolleyes:. I feel fortunate that I can still get around...so many of my friends can't due to illness, etc:thumbsup:. Hope you have a good day today.

I am probably going to be carrying something in stainless today due to the wet weather so I won't have any of my Lambfoot knives in my pocket when I go out but when I get back indoors it will be this one (photo taken on a nicer day):D:
IMG_2943.JPG

Good morning Jack - or maybe it's afternoon where you are:D. Had a fine day on the links yesterday but...sore as heck today:thumbsdown:. The wages of age and sin, I guess:D. Today is starting out miserable I'm sorry to say. Rain and cold:mad:. Good day to be indoors but I have to go out in it and run some errands:rolleyes:. I feel fortunate that I can still get around...so many of my friends can't due to illness, etc:thumbsup:. Hope you have a good day today.

I am probably going to be carrying something in stainless today due to the wet weather so I won't have any of my Lambfoot knives in my pocket when I go out but when I get back indoors it will be this one (photo taken on a nicer day):D:
View attachment 1519936

Hi Bill, It's just after 1.00pm here, and I've just got back from a walk in the park. My neighbour has broken his ankle, and his missus is working from home, so I offered to take their kids with me, and bought them some lunch. Yeah, it doesn't take much of a lay-off to get out of shape does it, I think I will struggle when I can go for a proper hike again? Sorry to hear about the weather mate, I hope it clears up later. I never really find a problem with rain and my carbon steel knives, just dry and oil them if they get wet (which they only rarely do) :thumbsup:

UVq2XYA.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black

Fit and finish is very good. Pull is 8, snaps closed well. Spring is flush open and closed. Rosewood is okay, pile side is more distinctive.

While past few days seemed like summer was here, we had a cold front move through and temps will struggle to get to 70F.

-Mel

Jack Black Jack Black

Fit and finish is very good. Pull is 8, snaps closed well. Spring is flush open and closed. Rosewood is okay, pile side is more distinctive.

While past few days seemed like summer was here, we had a cold front move through and temps will struggle to get to 70F.

-Mel

That's good news on your Lambsfoot Mel :) Hope you get some milder weather soon, though when temperatures get to 70F, it IS summer here - if we're lucky! :D ;) :thumbsup:

That's good news on your Lambsfoot Mel :) Hope you get some milder weather soon, though when temperatures get to 70F, it IS summer here - if we're lucky! :D ;) :thumbsup:

I know that only to well. I lived in UK from 77-82 and 87-90. One summer, my neighbor took his holiday in Spain. Rained the whole time while we had 80's and sunny that week. Usually though summers were not very summery.

Regarding that G. Wines if I recall correctly, it said commissioned for the Special Forces. My impression was that it seemed to be Wright blade. I wonder if Wrights made blades for other houses?

-Mel

I know that only to well. I lived in UK from 77-82 and 87-90. One summer, my neighbor took his holiday in Spain. Rained the whole time while we had 80's and sunny that week. Usually though summers were not very summery.

Regarding that G. Wines if I recall correctly, it said commissioned for the Special Forces. My impression was that it seemed to be Wright blade. I wonder if Wrights made blades for other houses?

-Mel

From what I recall Mel, those were good years too (especially 77, 79, 80, 81, and 87 - I'm a bit vague about the others)! :D The summers are usually worse these days, and we have had some real stinkers in the past 20 years! :rolleyes: I don't think anyone ever visits England for the weather! :eek: :D

The website is a bit of an oddity isn't it? They're undoubtedly missing something, but I don't think British Special Forces have ever carried Lambsfoot knives :rolleyes: Odd that the only contact info is an email address and a German phone number. Wright's tend to make knives for small individual dealers, who don't want Wright's stamp on them. They make the blades Michael May uses, and they have also made knives for Eggington and TEW in the recent past, as well as Jack Adams :thumbsup:

View attachment 1520054
On my catch-up reading, Jack Black Jack Black posted an Alfred Blackwell that looks a lot like this one. The tang in completely worn down. Is thois possibly an AB?

-Mel

Is there nothing at all on the tang Mel? Hard to say if it's a Blackwell really, as the same jigging patterns were often used by a number of cutlers, and it's very possible that the smallest ones may not have done their own jigging. That's some nice jigging for sure :thumbsup:

LOL Jack. Yeah my driving instructor mate in Yorkshire has instructed a few lads from Ampleforth School and I think :rolleyes: sums up her opinion of them to. :D

Just on an afternoon walk.
pbzSv5P.jpg

Yes indeed, most of the ones I've known are so messed up, they have to spend most of their time living in the Antarctic :rolleyes: Cool pic! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Welcome back!!:) We missed you around here, Dennis!!
Thank you much, Charlie!:thumbsup:
Good to see you Dennis!
Thanks, Dwight, I appreciate it!:)
Good to hear from you dear friend, you have been missed by all.:thumbsup::):):).
Thank you for your kind words, Leon!
Great to "see" you Dennis! Hope all is well with you!:thumbsup:
Thanks Mark, great to hear from everyone.
Fantastic to see you here Dennis :) I hope you're keeping well buddy :) THat's some incredible patina there :cool:
Thank you very much, Jack! Been away too long! Hate to see that there has been some sad news during my absence.
I'm very sad to have to report that Stan Shaw passed away on Friday :( Thought I'd carry the Lambsfoot he made me a few years ago. RIP Stan :thumbsup:

l8wdcop.jpg
Am really sorry about the loss of your treasured friend, Jack. He did leave his mark though, a lifetime of doing what he loved. It is good there are friends of his like you that can keep telling stories of his passion and skill. You are now part of his legacy.
Knife content :)

Gggs89C.jpg

Howdy Dennis :)
Hello, Dan! Handsome little friend you have there!
I'm afraid Ron passed shortly before Christmas, quite suddenly and unexpectedly. It was a shock to us all, and a tragic loss. He was indeed, a lovely man, and he has been a part of this thread from the beginning. I miss him very much, and it's very sad to know we won't see his posts here anymore :( :thumbsup:
More sad news to hear, Ron contributed greatly to any thread he posted in. His knowledge and friendship will certainly be missed by many!
I'm back with my trusty Hartshead Barlow. Have a good day Guardians, and stay safe out there :thumbsup:

UZCDCHF.jpg
They just never get old, carrying them as part of a selected few in any rotation!
img_2943-jpg.1519936
Dandy photo of yours, Bill!:cool::thumbsup:
I never really find a problem with rain and my carbon steel knives, just dry and oil them if they get wet (which they only rarely do) :thumbsup:

UVq2XYA.jpg
Wasn't there an old adage "A drop of oil a day keeps the Doctor away", or something like that, I get confused!:D

View attachment 1520054
On my catch-up reading, Jack Black Jack Black posted an Alfred Blackwell that looks a lot like this one. The tang in completely worn down. Is thois possibly an AB?

-Mel
Sure looks like it was someone's favorite, great looking oldie, Mel!
Won't be long before it'll be time to give our knives some sun at the beach.

l0RR3VY.jpg
Some great sunny thoughts to look forward to, Ed!:cool::thumbsup:
Looking good, José:thumbsup:
Just on an afternoon walk.
pbzSv5P.jpg
Looks like quite a nice day, David!:):thumbsup: (other than the graffiti :rolleyes:)

Looks like I'm really going to pick up my game to keep up with the great photos being posted!
My HHB, ready and willing to go on a hike and camping real
soon!:thumbsup:
rgw6OhQ.jpg

Mate fantastic to see your post. Hope with everything that has been happening even the weather turned against everyone in the Northern Hemisphere that all is okay. Hope it won't be too cold for your camping/hiking. Really good to see you on the porch, we have kept a rocking chair warm for you so you can regale us with your stories.:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;):).

Mate fantastic to see your post. Hope with everything that has been happening even the weather turned against everyone in the Northern Hemisphere that all is okay. Hope it won't be too cold for your camping/hiking. Really good to see you on the porch, we have kept a rocking chair warm for you so you can regale us with your stories.:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;):).

Thank you very much, Leon! It is great to be back.
Have some health issues, but hopefully getting some under control! Yeah, the virus and weather sure has put a damper on things for a bit, hopefully we're heading in the right direction now!
Thanks again for the encouraging words my friend!

Back