Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thank you much, Charlie!:thumbsup:

Thanks, Dwight, I appreciate it!:)

Thank you for your kind words, Leon!

Thanks Mark, great to hear from everyone.

Thank you very much, Jack! Been away too long! Hate to see that there has been some sad news during my absence.

Am really sorry about the loss of your treasured friend, Jack. He did leave his mark though, a lifetime of doing what he loved. It is good there are friends of his like you that can keep telling stories of his passion and skill. You are now part of his legacy.

Hello, Dan! Handsome little friend you have there!

More sad news to hear, Ron contributed greatly to any thread he posted in. His knowledge and friendship will certainly be missed by many!

They just never get old, carrying them as part of a selected few in any rotation!

Dandy photo of yours, Bill!:cool::thumbsup:

Wasn't there an old adage "A drop of oil a day keeps the Doctor away", or something like that, I get confused!:D

Sure looks like it was someone's favorite, great looking oldie, Mel!

Some great sunny thoughts to look forward to, Ed!:cool::thumbsup:

Looking good, José:thumbsup:

Looks like quite a nice day, David!:):thumbsup: (other than the graffiti :rolleyes:)

Looks like I'm really going to pick up my game to keep up with the great photos being posted!
My HHB, ready and willing to go on a hike and camping real
soon!:thumbsup:
rgw6OhQ.jpg

Dennis!! :cool: It's brilliant to see you here buddy, how have you been, you have been greatly missed? I'm glad to hear some of your health issues might be getting resolved soon, I sure hope so :thumbsup: I hope you can get out camping soon, that's a nice composition, my Bahco Lapplander sees a lot of use, it's out on my kitchen table right now :) Nice sharp axe :thumbsup:

That's good advice about the oil. I sharpen my Lambsfoot knives regularly, but they get a drop of oil only every now and then :rolleyes: Thank you for all the kind words Dennis, it's great having you back my friend :thumbsup:

Mate fantastic to see your post. Hope with everything that has been happening even the weather turned against everyone in the Northern Hemisphere that all is okay. Hope it won't be too cold for your camping/hiking. Really good to see you on the porch, we have kept a rocking chair warm for you so you can regale us with your stories.:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;):).

+1 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone is well. It's a bright day here. I have a few things to do in the house, but hope I can get out while the sun is shining. First order of the day is to go and get a shave! :D Have a good one Guardians, and stay safe out there :thumbsup:

ppKybrw.jpg

Thank you much, Charlie!:thumbsup:

Thanks, Dwight, I appreciate it!:)

Thank you for your kind words, Leon!

Thanks Mark, great to hear from everyone.

Thank you very much, Jack! Been away too long! Hate to see that there has been some sad news during my absence.

Am really sorry about the loss of your treasured friend, Jack. He did leave his mark though, a lifetime of doing what he loved. It is good there are friends of his like you that can keep telling stories of his passion and skill. You are now part of his legacy.

Hello, Dan! Handsome little friend you have there!

More sad news to hear, Ron contributed greatly to any thread he posted in. His knowledge and friendship will certainly be missed by many!

They just never get old, carrying them as part of a selected few in any rotation!

Dandy photo of yours, Bill!:cool::thumbsup:

Wasn't there an old adage "A drop of oil a day keeps the Doctor away", or something like that, I get confused!:D

Sure looks like it was someone's favorite, great looking oldie, Mel!

Some great sunny thoughts to look forward to, Ed!:cool::thumbsup:

Looking good, José:thumbsup:

Looks like quite a nice day, David!:):thumbsup: (other than the graffiti :rolleyes:)

Looks like I'm really going to pick up my game to keep up with the great photos being posted!
rgw6OhQ.jpg
Thanks Dennis - back at you. Your HHB is look'n good. That splitting maul looks ready ro action too.

Dennis!! :cool: It's brilliant to see you here buddy, how have you been, you have been greatly missed? I'm glad to hear some of your health issues might be getting resolved soon, I sure hope so :thumbsup: I hope you can get out camping soon, that's a nice composition, my Bahco Lapplander sees a lot of use, it's out on my kitchen table right now :) Nice sharp axe :thumbsup:

That's good advice about the oil. I sharpen my Lambsfoot knives regularly, but they get a drop of oil only every now and then :rolleyes: Thank you for all the kind words Dennis, it's great having you back my friend :thumbsup:

+1 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone is well. It's a bright day here. I have a few things to do in the house, but hope I can get out while the sun is shining. First order of the day is to go and get a shave! :D Have a good one Guardians, and stay safe out there :thumbsup:

ppKybrw.jpg
Those Feather blades are the sharpest:thumbsup:. I Have a single edge razor that I use Feathers in. Almost as sharp as my HHB:D BTW, your Sambar HHB is looking good:thumbsup::thumbsup::D.

Just frost out there, on the ropes and gasping its last.
A8EuQzI.jpg

I think the stone says it's for razors. I know it says if it cuts too fast I should soak it in hot petroleum jelly.

That's a cool pic Jer :cool: Funny about the PJ, I once heard my great grandmother used to eat the stuff to ward off colds (kinda crazy old woman TBH)! :eek: :rolleyes:

kpa5YQU.jpg

That's a cool pic Jer :cool: Funny about the PJ, I once heard my great grandmother used to eat the stuff to ward off colds (kinda crazy old woman TBH)! :eek: :rolleyes:

kpa5YQU.jpg
That's a beautiful knife.
Your great grandma does sound a little crazy.
I'm not sure how sane it is to heat a pan of petroleum jelly, either. I can see myself running down the street like Richard Pryor on a bad day.
This box says nothing about razors, I made an assumption based on the stone's fine grain.
CYZKvWp.jpg

That's a beautiful knife.
Your great grandma does sound a little crazy.
I'm not sure how sane it is to heat a pan of petroleum jelly, either. I can see myself running down the street like Richard Pryor on a bad day.
This box says nothing about razors, I made an assumption based on the stone's fine grain.
CYZKvWp.jpg

Thanks Jer :) Yeah, I think the Vaseline-eating was one of her better habits :rolleyes: Yikes, yeah, I hadn't thought of that! :eek: Interesting though, and it's nice to see Old Toffee Wings :) :thumbsup:

89DKapp.jpg

Yes indeed, most of the ones I've known are so messed up, they have to spend most of their time living in the Antarctic :rolleyes: Cool pic! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. :thumbsup: If you think the Ampleforth types are bad, you should visit Winchester. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

rgw6OhQ.jpg

Thanks Dennis. I'm off on a walk myself tomorrow but my kit is less action packed than yours.

Found out yesterday it's National Pie Week this side of the pond.
m2YwyYl.jpg

Thanks Jack. :thumbsup: If you think the Ampleforth types are bad, you should visit Winchester. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks Dennis. I'm off on a walk myself tomorrow but my kit is less action packed than yours.

Found out yesterday it's National Pie Week this side of the pond.
m2YwyYl.jpg

Really?! :eek: :D Hope you have a great walk David :) National Pie Week?! They didn't advertise that very well did they, I feel robbed?! o_O Hope I can manage to fit one in tomorrow ;) That looks like a tasty treat my friend :thumbsup:

Back