Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

RZmvTfF.jpg

Sunny, broken clouds, 82 in Florida.

Sounds nice Mel, it's looking like a sunny day here - but who knows! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

I just googled it to be sure. It was a story by the dormouse, not the duchess, as I'd misremembered.
u1CXvC9.jpg

(Molasses- I don't have any treacle.)

Sweet photo Jer ;) :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack!

He really did for a fact. Now all I have to do is wait another year to send him another one...:rolleyes: :D

View attachment 1543926

LOL! :D Another striking pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, got a few chores to do this morning, and possibly an old friend from Sheffield coming over for a socially-distanced coffee and a walk in the park, but otherwise, I'm planning an easy day ;) Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and that you enjoy your Sunday :thumbsup:

UmAhNIB.jpg

Here's an older Bexoid-covered TEW Lambsfoot I picked up, very inexpensively, a while back. Still haven't got round to doing anything with it :rolleyes: I'd need to take off quite a bit of steel to get that edge straight again unfortunately :( Thought I'd show it in relation to recent discussion :thumbsup:

moSbMkE.jpg

YaNvnr1.jpg

Thanks Bill, just on the wall at the bottom of my garden :) Oh no! :eek: Bad news about the organizing Bill! :eek: I think I must have jinxed the weather here, I was just about to go out for a stroll, when it turned, rain and hail! o_O I'm hoping it blows over, as I need to go to the shops :rolleyes: Sorry to hear it's no better there :( Looks like a great dram to stay indoors with though ;) :thumbsup:

Edit - It's snowing here now! :eek: :confused:

That's a line you don't read everyday! :D :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Rain, hail, and snowing there? EEK!:eek: Hope things are getting better today for you Jack. We had a lala-palooza storm come through last knight. Gale force winds and one heck of a downpour. Woke me up at 2 AM:eek:. Not looking all that promising this morning:thumbsdown:. Overcast, but the Weather Channel says that's all we get - no rain...we'll see. My wife thinks I'm crazy for trying to dig out my HHB but like the Billy Joel song says (paraphrasing) ...You may be right, I may be crazy but I may just be the lunatic you''re looking for; Turn out the light, Oh don't try to save me, You may be wrong for all I know, You may be right!" Kinda sums up my knife addiction.:D IMG_2687.JPG

Rain, hail, and snowing there? EEK!:eek: Hope things are getting better today for you Jack. We had a lala-palooza storm come through last knight. Gale force winds and one heck of a downpour. Woke me up at 2 AM:eek:. Not looking all that promising this morning:thumbsdown:. Overcast, but the Weather Channel says that's all we get - no rain...we'll see. My wife thinks I'm crazy for trying to dig out my HHB but like the Billy Joel song says (paraphrasing) ...You may be right, I may be crazy but I may just be the lunatic you''re looking for; Turn out the light, Oh don't try to save me, You may be wrong for all I know, You may be right!" Kinda sums up my knife addiction.:D View attachment 1544033

The snow wasn't heavy Bill, but it was really strange, as it wasn't even cold :confused: Yikes, the weather sounds more serious there my friend! :eek: Just tell your wife to note all the things that have happened while your knife has been packed away Bill, nobody wants to see a plague of frogs! :eek: ;) :D :thumbsup:

Looks mighty tasty my friend and the Ironwood Lambfoot looks great. Love the character of those covers.

Thank you very much, I enjoyed it :) :thumbsup:

Thanks mate!

Thanks Jack!

He really did for a fact. Now all I have to do is wait another year to send him another one...:rolleyes: :D

View attachment 1543926
I love that photo.
Sounds nice Mel, it's looking like a sunny day here - but who knows! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Sweet photo Jer ;) :D :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Another striking pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, got a few chores to do this morning, and possibly an old friend from Sheffield coming over for a socially-distanced coffee and a walk in the park, but otherwise, I'm planning an easy day ;) Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and that you enjoy your Sunday :thumbsup:

UmAhNIB.jpg
Another lovely photo.
That sounds like a very pleasant Sunday, Jack. Enjoy.

After a very busy week, I got my second Pfizer shot on Friday. I reserved the weekend to rest and be lazy, in case I had any side effects. I'm just slightly disappointed that I feel absolutely fine. I have no excuse not to lop some bamboo roots in the backyard before they do their Springtime spread. I can check the veggie garden while I'm out there. The Bagpipe Ebony Big-un has become my favored garden knife.
sm8mRvr.jpg

Another lovely photo.
That sounds like a very pleasant Sunday, Jack. Enjoy.

After a very busy week, I got my second Pfizer shot on Friday. I reserved the weekend to rest and be lazy, in case I had any side effects. I'm just slightly disappointed that I feel absolutely fine. I have no excuse not to lop some bamboo roots in the backyard before they do their Springtime spread. I can check the veggie garden while I'm out there. The Bagpipe Ebony Big-un has become my favored garden knife.
sm8mRvr.jpg

Thank you Rachel, it's good to see you here, and it's nice to see that your Bagpipe Ebony Big 'Un is getting plenty of use :) Glad to hear about your second shot, and that you didn't get any side-effects. A friend of mine, fit, and only in his early 40's, was quite ill after both shots of the Oxford one. I still have 6 weeks to wait for my second shot, but didn't even get a sore arm with the first. I'm hoping that's the case with the second shot too! The shops and pubs open here again tomorrow, and the market. Going to be an interesting week :thumbsup:

Congrats on the second shot, r8shell r8shell !!
I must be very suggestible - "The Campbells are Coming" is piping through my head!!:eek::cool:
I am glad you and Jack Black Jack Black have had no negative responses to your shots!!:thumbsup:
Rummaging around in my Lambfoot drawer, I came across this well-worn
(CJ flag) Johnson, Western Works! I can see why it is well worn; it's a pleasure in hand!! The edge comes up like a razor, with just a quick stropping, and the bone has pocket-polished nicely!!:) Time for a spell in my pocket!!;)C Johnson Western 1.jpg C Johnson Western 2.jpg C Johnson WW pw 2.jpg

I must be very suggestible - "The Campbells are Coming" is piping through my head!!:eek::cool:
I am glad you and Jack Black Jack Black have had no negative responses to your shots!!:thumbsup:
(CJ flag) Johnson, Western Works! I can see why it is well worn; it's a pleasure in hand!! The edge comes up like a razor, with just a quick stropping, and the bone has pocket-polished nicely!!:) Time for a spell in my pocket!!;)View attachment 1544151 View attachment 1544152 View attachment 1544160

Thanks Charlie, that's a very handsome Christopher Johnson Lambsfoot my friend, you just can't beat that good old steel can you? :) :cool: :thumbsup:

There's some archive footage from the Western Works at the Yorkshire Film Archive - Think I saw your Lambsfoot at 28.36! :eek:

https://www.yfanefa.com/record/10336

And since it's silent....:eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thank you Rachel, it's good to see you here, and it's nice to see that your Bagpipe Ebony Big 'Un is getting plenty of use :) Glad to hear about your second shot, and that you didn't get any side-effects. A friend of mine, fit, and only in his early 40's, was quite ill after both shots of the Oxford one. I still have 6 weeks to wait for my second shot, but didn't even get a sore arm with the first. I'm hoping that's the case with the second shot too! The shops and pubs open here again tomorrow, and the market. Going to be an interesting week :thumbsup:
Everyone seems to react differently. I felt a little sleepy and achy behind the eyes from my first shot, but it's hard to tell if that was just the tree pollen in the air. I have some friends who experienced mild fevers, or could hardly lift their arm. (a fair trade for avoiding Covid, I believe)
Be careful out there, I'll bet everyone will rush out to crowd the streets with pent up cabin fever. I don't know about the Oxford vaccine, but the Pfizer one supposedly gives up to 80% immunity a few weeks after the first shot, which I found reassuring because the stores and restaurants never really shut down around here.
Congratulations Rachel on the second shot, the piece of mind is worth the sore arm.:)
Todd
Absolutely right. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Thank you.
(CJ flag) Johnson, Western Works! I can see why it is well worn; it's a pleasure in hand!! The edge comes up like a razor, with just a quick stropping, and the bone has pocket-polished nicely!!:) Time for a spell in my pocket!!;)View attachment 1544151 View attachment 1544152 View attachment 1544160
Thanks, Charlie.
That's a fine old Lambsfoot. I've got a fair set of sizes and covers from A.Wright, so if I were to add another to my flock, it would be something vintage.

I finally took a new picture of the current flock, including the new medium in horn from waynorth waynorth and the stag Hartshead from @Modoc ED
qALYh6A.jpg

Everyone seems to react differently. I felt a little sleepy and achy behind the eyes from my first shot, but it's hard to tell if that was just the tree pollen in the air. I have some friends who experienced mild fevers, or could hardly lift their arm. (a fair trade for avoiding Covid, I believe)
Be careful out there, I'll bet everyone will rush out to crowd the streets with pent up cabin fever. I don't know about the Oxford vaccine, but the Pfizer one supposedly gives up to 80% immunity a few weeks after the first shot, which I found reassuring because the stores and restaurants never really shut down around here.

Absolutely right. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Thank you.

Thanks, Charlie.
That's a fine old Lambsfoot. I've got a fair set of sizes and covers from A.Wright, so if I were to add another to my flock, it would be something vintage.

I finally took a new picture of the current flock, including the new medium in horn from waynorth waynorth and the stag Hartshead from @Modoc ED
qALYh6A.jpg

Oh yeah, I think Leeds will be crazy, and lots of people come in from the surrounding towns and villages to drink, shop, and eat out. Now that a lot of folks have had shots, they think they're invincible o_O

That's a very impressive flock Rachel :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Such strange weather here, it's been a beautiful day, but I just looed out of the window (5.45pm), and it's snowing again! :eek: It isn't even cold! :confused: o_O It's happened about 10 times in the past week :confused:

Back