Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Here's a quick fact check from the past talking about "chippy". Roughly 55 years ago, so we are talking more than half a century, mum would give me a ten bob note to get the fish and chips, that was for a family of seven, mum and dad and five kids. That converted to one dollar when we went to decimal currency, to feed a family of seven now would cost about sixty dollars.:eek::eek::eek:.:D.

Yes, it was once a cheap family meal wasn't it? Certainly isn't now :( I can remember getting a bag of chips for 3 old pence as a kid, which became a post-decimalization penny (but of course the price went up then) o_O During WW2, my mother would be sent to her own mum to get a penn'orth of fish and a ha'pennyworth of chips! :rolleyes:

Just been out for a nice walk, and picked up some bread. Beautiful sunny day here :) :thumbsup:

vpFP1am.jpg

Wow, those look delicious Leon :cool: They are sold in fish and chip shops here, and the name they're given varies a little around the country, but they're called 'scallops' round here. I've heard that in some places they call them 'fish-cakes', even though there's no fish in them! :D What a feast :) :thumbsup:

You always capture the Damascus perfectly Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Living like a king mate! :D :) :thumbsup:

A healthy snack buddy :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope your week is going well :) The shops, pubs, and restaurants re-opened here yesterday (outdoor seating only for the pubs and restaurants) for the first time in many months. I hope they stay open a bit longer than last time, but from some of the things I've seen, I'll be surprised if a minority of idiots don't mess it up again o_O Back with my Hartshead Barlow today:thumbsup:

z8ujsEs.jpg
Very cool vintage Rolls razor Jack:thumbsup:. Just a great example of how well things were made in the day. Lovely art deco case that I assume has the stropping tool and leathers inside;). HHB looking very dapper.:thumbsup:

I was trying to find a photo of a Lambsfoot, and I know that I have several, but with more than 20,000 knife photos on my PC, it's a bit of a struggle finding them :rolleyes: Here's chip butty! :D I'm hungry now! :D :) :thumbsup:

HCi30vh.jpg
Now I’m hungry too! Problem is, it’s 6:30 in the morning. If I didn’t have school today I’d be frying up some more fish and potatoes myself, the heck with the apples!:D

Yes, it was once a cheap family meal wasn't it? Certainly isn't now :( I can remember getting a bag of chips for 3 old pence as a kid, which became a post-decimalization penny (but of course the price went up then) o_O During WW2, my mother would be sent to her own mum to get a penn'orth of fish and a ha'pennyworth of chips! :rolleyes:

Just been out for a nice walk, and picked up some bread. Beautiful sunny day here :) :thumbsup:

vpFP1am.jpg
Yummy bread I'm sure;). Glad that you day is off to a good start. This morning I'm taking the wife's car in for new tires:rolleyes:. Have some other jobs to accomplish today (honey-do's):eek:.
Sunny start to the day here in Southern Coastal NC. Temps in the high 70's (Deg F):).

Very cool vintage Rolls razor Jack:thumbsup:. Just a great example of how well things were made in the day. Lovely art deco case that I assume has the stropping tool and leathers inside;). HHB looking very dapper.:thumbsup:

Thank you Bill, I bought the razor a few years ago, and it came with absolutely everything, even the original receipt and guarantee (the stropping compound was a separate purchase). It's the nicest I've seen, the Viscount model, originally purchased in 1953 :cool: I gave it away to a friend, who I knew would appreciate it, at the weekend, but thought I'd take a couple of pics first :)

HIW0iFC.jpg

Now I’m hungry too! Problem is, it’s 6:30 in the morning. If I didn’t have school today I’d be frying up some more fish and potatoes myself, the heck with the apples!:D

Sorry mate! :eek: Hope you find something tasty for later :) :thumbsup:

Yummy bread I'm sure;). Glad that you day is off to a good start. This morning I'm taking the wife's car in for new tires:rolleyes:. Have some other jobs to accomplish today (honey-do's):eek:.
Sunny start to the day here in Southern Coastal NC. Temps in the high 70's (Deg F):).

From a nice local bakery, I usually get the sourdough, but decided to have a change today, and get the granary :) I am such a creature of habit, they were quite surprised in the shop! :D Hope you get everything done without any mischief Bill :) :thumbsup:

Came down stairs to leave for school and found this bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on an English muffin that my wife made for me! She’s pretty awesome! Perfect opportunity to use my lambfoot and snap a picture. Have a great day everyone!:):thumbsup:
View attachment 1545237

Awww, what a lovely lady :) That looks like it'll keep you going :) Great pic :thumbsup:

I got the munchies last night and brought up a brace of my Sunday croissants [kroizenz]. The microwave was a mistake, so I halved the other and toasted it.
cvDzMxX.jpg

I adore croissants, but the microwave ruins them doesn't it? Hope you and OTW enjoyed them Jer :) :thumbsup:

I'm hoping that my favourite city centre coffee shop has survived the numerous lockdowns here, their blueberry croissants are amazing :) :thumbsup:

R2W6gBG.jpg

Look at that spiffy-looking Barlow! :D :thumbsup:

Still knife with eight-dollar Easter lily.
4CKZgaz.jpg

Those two look well cared for Jer :thumbsup:

vpFP1am.jpg
Why does this thread always make me hungry? Thinking about finally using the 2019 ironwood lambfoot on food and letting the patina begin.
jT1UG04.jpg

Why does this thread always make me hungry? Thinking about finally using the 2019 ironwood lambfoot on food and letting the patina begin.
jT1UG04.jpg

Go for it Vince! :D I love the first patina on polished steel, with all the amazing colours you get! :cool: Do you remember that one of Ron's, looked amazing :) Nice photo of your flock buddy :thumbsup:

I'll have to go, I'm just cooking! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Back