Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good evening, Guardians! I hope everyone is keeping well. I’ve been neglecting my posts overall - mostly due to me having to learn a new phone, its camera hardware, and its software. It’s been an exercise in patience and frustration - more of the latter...

My pics are still not up to the standards I expect so please consider them a work in progress.

With the pandemic stretching out as long as it has, my whiskey library has ballooned and I’ve found myself with a considerable collection of Scotches, Bourbons, Ryes, and other American whiskeys. Tonight, I am favoring a very fine Rye from New York. Paired with one of Charlie’s best and one of Jack’s best.

Sláinte!

jNHT9R5.jpg

Good evening, Guardians! I hope everyone is keeping well. I’ve been neglecting my posts overall - mostly due to me having to learn a new phone, its camera hardware, and its software. It’s been an exercise in patience and frustration - more of the latter...

My pics are still not up to the standards I expect so please consider them a work in progress.

With the pandemic stretching out as long as it has, my whiskey library has ballooned and I’ve found myself with a considerable collection of Scotches, Bourbons, Ryes, and other American whiskeys. Tonight, I am favoring a very fine Rye from New York. Paired with one of Charlie’s best and one of Jack’s best.

Sláinte!

jNHT9R5.jpg
Good to see you here mate, you have come over to the quite room for some peaceful conversation.:D:D:D.;).
toArx9n.jpg

Sláinte!

jNHT9R5.jpg

Good to see you back Dylan :) I also got a new phone, haven't learned a fraction of the features yet, or used the camera :rolleyes: I share your frustration :thumbsup:

You can never have enough whisky! :D I like the pic too :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I'm hoping I'm actually going to get a pint with a mate sometime today :) We'll see ;) Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

x68u7tE.jpg

Good to see you back Dylan :) I also got a new phone, haven't learned a fraction of the features yet, or used the camera :rolleyes: I share your frustration :thumbsup:

You can never have enough whisky! :D I like the pic too :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I'm hoping I'm actually going to get a pint with a mate sometime today :) We'll see ;) Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

x68u7tE.jpg
Coincidence, i just saw this online, relevant to your tin, what sort of tin is it by the way? Have a look at these Eagle Talons, makes you realize why they are one of the great predators. Enjoy your Ale's if you can get some in.:thumbsup:.

EubCWND.jpg

Coincidence, i just saw this online, relevant to your tin, what sort of tin is it by the way? Have a look at these Eagle Talons, makes you realize why they are one of the great predators. Enjoy your Ale's if you can get some in.:thumbsup:.

EubCWND.jpg

Those talons are scary mate! :eek: Cool pic :cool: The tin isn't old, sold as a baccy tin, but I keep tinder in it. The Hotspur was an old British comic. Thanks a lot Leon, what do you reckon to this beast?! :eek: :cool: :thumbsup:

sSoXk6K.jpg

uaOgQfq.jpg

Last edited:
I'm impressed. They are magnificent creatures. That would have to have a 10-12 foot wingspan.

I saw a bunch of birds at a steam fair I went to, it was fantastic seeing them fly. That poor thing had been kept in a garage for 2 years before the feller from the bird sanctuary got hold of it. He said something like, "I'd had him for a couple of weeks, and I thought we were getting on well...and then he had my head in his beak!" There are a lot of Red Kites in that area, but they stayed WAY up in the sky that day! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

z1jnR8D.jpg

Stellar's Sea Eagle :thumbsup:

Huge! :eek:

Some more pics here, here, and here, and some pics from the rest of the steam fair here, here, here, and here :thumbsup:
Thanks for the pictures (and link) Jack. That is a handsome eagle. We have Bald Eagles on our lake. A few years ago they would only be here in the winter, now they are here all year. Pretty cool considering the fact that when I was a kid, they were nearly doomed to extinction due to the use of DDT. I’m glad my kids have grown up knowing that Bald Eagles are now thriving in their own backyard. I’ve shared the “near extinction” stories with them just to make sure they don’t take them for granted.;)

Thanks for the pictures (and link) Jack. That is a handsome eagle. We have Bald Eagles on our lake. A few years ago they would only be here in the winter, now they are here all year. Pretty cool considering the fact that when I was a kid, they were nearly doomed to extinction due to the use of DDT. I’m glad my kids have grown up knowing that Bald Eagles are now thriving in their own backyard. I’ve shared the “near extinction” stories with them just to make sure they don’t take them for granted.;)

There was an American Bald Eagle at that same event, a beautiful bird :) It must be wonderful to be able to see them in the wild :) :thumbsup:

H6swYY7.jpg

4WFzGWp.jpg

HPRusi0.jpg

First Blood.

Nice photo Vince, that'll get the patina started! :cool: :thumbsup:

My local market is open tomorrow, for the first time this year, so I'll be heading down there to see my friends, and maybe pick up a bargain or two. Hopefully meeting my mate and his kids for lunch later. If I don't get a chance to check in in the morning, have a good day Guardians, I'll have my Hartshead Barlow with me tomorrow :thumbsup:

7pRf6lc.jpg

I really like your Lambsfoot, i can't remember seeing one before with an easy open notch. I'll have to keep my eyes open for one.:thumbsup::cool:.
Thanks.
I did the EO notch. The knife arrived with the pen blade covering the main nail nick, so I ground the pen into a sort of whittler clip, but I had to put my nail in at 90 degrees, which was injurious to the nail, so I put in the EO notch. So I didn't really need to take the pen blade out, but I couldn't open it without a screw-driver and that irritated me.

Back