Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks.
I did the EO notch. The knife arrived with the pen blade covering the main nail nick, so I ground the pen into a sort of whittler clip, but I had to put my nail in at 90 degrees, which was injurious to the nail, so I put in the EO notch. So I didn't really need to take the pen blade out, but I couldn't open it without a screw-driver and that irritated me.
Nice job, like your thinking and your work.

Good evening, Guardians! I hope everyone is keeping well. I’ve been neglecting my posts overall - mostly due to me having to learn a new phone, its camera hardware, and its software. It’s been an exercise in patience and frustration - more of the latter...

My pics are still not up to the standards I expect so please consider them a work in progress.

With the pandemic stretching out as long as it has, my whiskey library has ballooned and I’ve found myself with a considerable collection of Scotches, Bourbons, Ryes, and other American whiskeys. Tonight, I am favoring a very fine Rye from New York. Paired with one of Charlie’s best and one of Jack’s best.

Sláinte!

jNHT9R5.jpg
Nothing wrong with you photos Dylan . And there is certainly nothing wrong with your Lambfoot Knives .
Harry

Last edited:
Good to see you here mate, you have come over to the quite room for some peaceful conversation.:D:D:D.;).
toArx9n.jpg

Good to see you back Dylan :) I also got a new phone, haven't learned a fraction of the features yet, or used the camera :rolleyes: I share your frustration :thumbsup:

You can never have enough whisky! :D I like the pic too :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I'm hoping I'm actually going to get a pint with a mate sometime today :) We'll see ;) Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

x68u7tE.jpg

Nothing wrong with you photos Dylan . An there certainly nothing wrong with your Lambfoot Knives .
Harry

Thank you kindly, fellas. I’m enjoying the discussion and photos of these glorious raptors - I happen to be quite a fan of them, have been since I was a wee lad.

Another day with this special one in Ebony. Paired with a nice dram that I just got in today.

pkwg9pd.jpg

It is very cool when you are out fishing and a Bald Eagle dives down to catch a fish right beside you .

Harry

That must be amazing Harry :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly, fellas. I’m enjoying the discussion and photos of these glorious raptors - I happen to be quite a fan of them, have been since I was a wee lad.

Another day with this special one in Ebony. Paired with a nice dram that I just got in today.

pkwg9pd.jpg

Superb photo Dylan, you are making me want to carry some ebony! :) Maybe tomorrow, I already have my Hartshead Barlow in my pocket today :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, have a good day everyone, I'm already on my way to the market, but I'll catch up later :thumbsup:

That must be amazing Harry :cool: :thumbsup:

Superb photo Dylan, you are making me want to carry some ebony! :) Maybe tomorrow, I already have my Hartshead Barlow in my pocket today :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, have a good day everyone, I'm already on my way to the market, but I'll catch up later :thumbsup:
Jack, hope you had a nice visit to the market. What did you pick up today?

Nice photo Vince, that'll get the patina started! :cool: :thumbsup:

My local market is open tomorrow, for the first time this year, so I'll be heading down there to see my friends, and maybe pick up a bargain or two. Hopefully meeting my mate and his kids for lunch later. If I don't get a chance to check in in the morning, have a good day Guardians, I'll have my Hartshead Barlow with me tomorrow :thumbsup:

7pRf6lc.jpg
A very fine choice for your carry Jack.:thumbsup: Is that a grave stone it is sitting on?

Jack, hope you had a nice visit to the market. What did you pick up today?

Thanks Bill, just on my way back. I got a file, a hole-cutter, and a NIB Black & Decker heat gun for £5. Had chips, cake, and lots of laughs! :D It was nice to see everyone again :thumbsup:

A very fine choice for your carry Jack.:thumbsup: Is that a grave stone it is sitting on?

Thanks buddy, it's actually sitting on the wall around the small old cemetery up the road from me. It's actually an old church-yard, but there hasn't been a church there for many years :thumbsup:

A couple more Bald Eagle photos, taken at Clarksville, Missouri last spring just after the ice melted on the Mississippi River.

View attachment 1546427

View attachment 1546428

Fantastic pics Jeff :) :thumbsup:

Must be good to be back at the Markets Jack, they are good places to browse, does your mate have his stall up and running? These are the last of our plums for the season, will now be getting into apples, pears and mandarins later in the year. Also posting a photo for those of you who like old machinery and such. A completely refurbished S Class Victorian Railways Single End Bulldog Loco. It was done to mark it's 60 year commission anniversary, by a restoration group of retired railway men who are all volunteers. But they are all highly skilled in trades that are starting to die out sadly. Hope you all have a good upcoming weekend.:).

JO7vxMS.jpg

nqZhTg9.jpg

Must be good to be back at the Markets Jack, they are good places to browse, does your mate have his stall up and running? These are the last of our plums for the season, will now be getting into apples, pears and mandarins later in the year. Also posting a photo for those of you who like old machinery and such. A completely refurbished S Class Victorian Railways Single End Bulldog Loco. It was done to mark it's 60 year commission anniversary, by a restoration group of retired railway men who are all volunteers. But they are all highly skilled in trades that are starting to die out sadly. Hope you all have a good upcoming weekend.:).

JO7vxMS.jpg

nqZhTg9.jpg

Thanks mate, things were a little slow on the market the first few hours, but I think my mate had a decent day, as did I. I certainly enjoyed the chips! :D Those are some nice-looking plums, and a nice-looking Lambsfoot too :) Wow, that loco is a beauty :cool: :thumbsup:

Today I carried this one!

1xyNNq7.jpg

Looking good Taylor, mine is due a day out too :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, just getting ready for a day out, looks like it's going to be a good one :) Have a great day everyone :thumbsup:

dYh61QQ.jpg

Back