Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

My ebony lamb basking in the warmth of "just out of the oven" bread we made to give out to friends ( some for us too lol ).

RGG8dSO.jpg

That's a nice idea Ken, and has made for a cool photo with your Lambsfoot. I came across a bunch of painted rocks just after the first lockdown ended here last year :thumbsup:
That's where all the rocks went. Someone must have gathered them up and shipped them to you...imagine the shipping lol

And here I thought I was all special sharing something new... 🤪

S3bMkme.jpg

Not sure how I managed to miss these 🤨
Another nice pic Jer :) :thumbsup:
My ebony lamb basking in the warmth of "just out of the oven" bread we made to give out to friends ( some for us too lol ).

RGG8dSO.jpg
Wow, you've been really busy Dan :cool: The bread looks GREAT (as does your Lambsfoot obviously!) :) I wish I was your neighbour! :D :thumbsup:
That's where all the rocks went. Someone must have gathered them up and shipped them to you...imagine the shipping lol

And here I thought I was all special sharing something new... 🤪

S3bMkme.jpg
LOL! :D It WAS special Ken 😉:) Here's one my goddaughter found and gave to me :)Not very interesting I'm afraid, and one side is faded from a few years on my kitchen windowsill. It came from Kirkstall Abbey, where they have a lot of kids events, and I suspect it had been given to a very small child to decorate! :D :thumbsup:

fESXcKH.jpg

p3igt4c.jpg

It’s been a little while since Jelly rode shotgun. Time for a fresh edge and some pocket time!
View attachment 1558373

Jelly looks great Matt :) :thumbsup:

Really like this knife, I’ve been smoothing off the edges of the handle a little bit at a time with some fine sandpaper to make it feel better in my hand. Not quite there yet, slow and steady!😊👍
View attachment 1558372

It looks good :) I remember a few folks rounding off the covers on various Lambsfoot knives. I did think about doing it with one of mine, but never did. However, this Afican Blackwood re-build by J jsdistin is smooth as silk :) :thumbsup:

zXXEMSJ.jpg

You should be getting a package any day now (no Jammie Dodgers though I'm afraid)
Oh boy, oh boy! Time to start stalking the P.O.Box!
Really like this knife, I’ve been smoothing off the edges of the handle a little bit at a time with some fine sandpaper to make it feel better in my hand. Not quite there yet, slow and steady!😊👍
View attachment 1558372

It looks good :) I remember a few folks rounding off the covers on various Lambsfoot knives. I did think about doing it with one of mine, but never did. However, this Afican Blackwood re-build by J jsdistin is smooth as silk :) :thumbsup:

😄 Thanks Jack, don’t want to do too much, so far it feels better. Great picture Jack! 👍
Todd
Slow is best. It doesn't take a lot of sanding to round off the corners. :):thumbsup:

Before:
SG18ijE.jpg

After:
t334K8U.jpg

Slow is best. It doesn't take a lot of sanding to round off the corners. :):thumbsup:

Before:
SG18ijE.jpg

After:
t334K8U.jpg
LOL! :D Hope it arrives soon, it's been a couple of weeks since it went in the mail :thumbsup:

That looks good Rachel :cool: Though I have to say, I don't mind the covers as they are ;) :thumbsup:
Hey Kevin, that's developed some nice character :) Hope you're doing OK mate :thumbsup:

Hope it arrives soon, it's been a couple of weeks since it went in the mail
Rachel and Jack, have a post story for you. Six weeks ago i purchased a couple of knife tools from a company in London. Had it sent by Royal British Mail, if that is the correct terminology, and paid a bit extra for tracking. Fantastic service, arrived here in Melbourne in 6 days:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:, so it only took 6 days to travel 10,500 miles. It then took 28, yes 28 days to travel 24 miles o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O from one side of Melbourne to the other once Australia Post got their hands on it. Hope you have better luck.:)

That looks good Rachel :cool: Though I have to say, I don't mind the covers as they are ;)
I didn't mind the original look, either. The particular size and shape of the handle had the sharp-ish corner hitting a nerve in the heel of my hand. Just annoying enough to get me to take a file and sandpaper to it.
Very nice! Hope I can do as good of a job as you did.👍
Thanks! I'm sure you'll do great!
Rachel and Jack, have a post story for you. Six weeks ago i purchased a couple of knife tools from a company in London. Had it sent by Royal British Mail, if that is the correct terminology, and paid a bit extra for tracking. Fantastic service, arrived here in Melbourne in 6 days:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:, so it only took 6 days to travel 10,500 miles. It then took 28, yes 28 days to travel 24 miles o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O from one side of Melbourne to the other once Australia Post got their hands on it. Hope you have better luck.:)
😲 Nothing so extreme as that, but sometimes the last 20 feet is the longest part of the journey. Tracking will show two-day domestic priority mail arrive on time, only to sit another day or so to move from the loading dock to the p,o,box. :rolleyes:

It has been awhile since I posted on the Guardians site.:confused: My computer crashed and I had to reload the operating system and get a new hard drive installed.😱 It's up and running but there was some lost data. 😩 Thank God for the iCloud. :thumbsup: I've been busy with packing boxes too as we are packing up for a move into a new house at the end of May. Fun and games!🤪 Anyway, the HHB has been at my side getting a good workout.

IMG_2683.JPG

Hard to tell from the picture, but this Ironwood has a butterscotch Chatoyance glowing out from the shadows!!o_O (some of these emojis are over the top!!)View attachment 1558608View attachment 1558609
Great pics Charlie, that was some nice wood :) The emojis are CRAZY! 🤩🤪🤯😁:thumbsup:
Oh no! :rolleyes: I once had a package come from the US, which despite being correctly addressed, for some reason, went via Australia, where Customs opened it, and held onto it for more than a month, before sending it on its way 😠
I didn't mind the original look, either. The particular size and shape of the handle had the sharp-ish corner hitting a nerve in the heel of my hand. Just annoying enough to get me to take a file and sandpaper to it.
Nasty! :oops: That'd annoy me too Rachel. The only time I've HAD to do that was with some shielded GEC stag, which had been left positively sharp :thumbsup:
It has been awhile since I posted on the Guardians site.:confused: My computer crashed and I had to reload the operating system and get a new hard drive installed.😱 It's up and running but there was some lost data. 😩 Thank God for the iCloud. :thumbsup: I've been busy with packing boxes too as we are packing up for a move into a new house at the end of May. Fun and games!🤪 Anyway, the HHB has been at my side getting a good workout.

View attachment 1558707
How rotten Bill, sounds like you've really had your hands full :( It's good to see you back buddy, and your Hartshead Barlow of course :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, on Thursdays, I am usually down at the market by now, but last week the buses into town were overcrowded, so I am waiting a while until the rush is over. Kind of strange not being down there. Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

SLCm8Jl.jpg

Back