Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Had a few of these made up a few years back :) Thought I might carry this one tomorrow :)

HPuxvyt.jpg
That’s a beauty Jack!👍
Well I’m home from practice and I have to say the house looks pretty good.😊 Old “bossy pants” did a nice job!😄👍

Here’s my humble offering, and request for membership.

It was sold as “J. Adams”, but the tang stamp only reads “Made in Sheffield”. The wood is supposed to be walnut. It came very sharp, with a centered blade, no play, and strong snap.

The point was barely proud of the handle so I took a DMT stone to the kick. It’s just tucked in now so it won’t cut a finger.
Make sure we some some photos when you have finished with polishing up the scales.

Thank you all. Yes, I’m thinking the wood needs a little “moisturizing”. A buddy sent me some tung oil mixed with beeswax that should shine it up. 🤝 👍
AntDog, welcome, you are going to really enjoy it here, the folks here are the best and so welcoming. I have that same knife. Jack recommended it and it has quickly become one of my favorites. I rounded off the edges and applied a lot of just plain mineral oil. It now looks like this.
283CD60D-E1B4-4424-8C42-DF3FD34212D1.jpeg
You have a nice knife, enjoy making it your own.👍

Make sure we some some photos when you have finished with polishing up the scales.
Yes sir, will do. I’m going to apply the treatment tonight and let it dry overnight. Will post photos after buffing.

AntDog, welcome, you are going to really enjoy it here, the folks here are the best and so welcoming. I have that same knife. Jack recommended it and it has quickly become one of my favorites. I rounded off the edges and applied a lot of just plain mineral oil. It now looks like this.
View attachment 1564109

Thank you, sir. I like the knife very much. It’s got so much charm and character. It’s also a stout little thing and the blade shape has worked well for what little I’ve cut with it so far. It’s a little gem of a knife. I’d like to get one of the larger ones someday.

Yours looks great! You did nicely on breaking the edges on the handle. I bet it’s comfy in the hand. Is it just the screen or my eyes, or does the handle have a reddish tint to it?

Yes sir, will do. I’m going to apply the treatment tonight and let it dry overnight. Will post photos after buffing.

Thank you, sir. I like the knife very much. It’s got so much charm and character. It’s also a stout little thing and the blade shape has worked well for what little I’ve cut with it so far. It’s a little gem of a knife. I’d like to get one of the larger ones someday.

Yours looks great! You did nicely on breaking the edges on the handle. I bet it’s comfy in the hand. Is it just the screen or my eyes, or does the handle have a reddish tint to it?
Thank you, It’s walnut like yours so I think the reddish color is due mostly to low light and a fresh rub of oil!😊

Sorry for my absence - I have been away helping with my part in setting up of a new shop.
Here’s the usual meal in the place where I was staying at - with my Hartshead of course
Ooops - having trouble loading image from my phone- I will keep trying...
Great to see you here Duncan, it sounds like you've been busy. Sorry you're having problems uploading pics mate, I hope you can post them later :thumbsup:
That’s a beauty Jack!👍
Well I’m home from practice and I have to say the house looks pretty good.😊 Old “bossy pants” did a nice job!😄👍
LOL! :D Hope the party was good too :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Leon :) :thumbsup:
View attachment 1564109
That's looking really good now :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing how it looks :) Glad you're liking the pattern :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, rushing a bit now as Microsoft wasted my time trying to foist their Edge browser on me again :rolleyes: Lots of rain due today, so no hike for me, and I'm going to get on with some jobs in the house. Got my Wee Staggy in my pocket ;) Have a great weekend everyone :thumbsup:

4VwUlRd.jpg

Good morning Guardians and all. Cool, sunny morning with low humidity here in coastal southern NC. Makes me feel good to be alive. Looks like we get to reduce the amount of restrictions related to Covid. Don't have to wear the masks as much any more. Hope y'all have a great weekend. I'm out in the yard doing some cleanup work with my HHB by my side.
IMG_2967.JPG

LOL! :D Hope the party was good too :) :thumbsup:
That's looking really good now :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack, the walnut really took the oil nicely, although it took a lot to get it there.👍

The actual party doesn’t start until this afternoon but most of the preparations are complete, but I’m sure my wife will find plenty to keep me busy! 😉

Is it just the screen or my eyes, or does the handle have a reddish tint to it?
I took a second look at the color of the handle this morning. I compared it to another knife I have in walnut, and you are correct, it doesn’t have a reddish tint. Nice eye for color!😉 I posted a comparison photo in the Totin’ thread out of respect for the rules of this thread.😉👍

Great looking stag on that one!
Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians and all. Cool, sunny morning with low humidity here in coastal southern NC. Makes me feel good to be alive. Looks like we get to reduce the amount of restrictions related to Covid. Don't have to wear the masks as much any more. Hope y'all have a great weekend. I'm out in the yard doing some cleanup work with my HHB by my side.
View attachment 1564308
Hope you're having a great day Bill :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack, the walnut really took the oil nicely, although it took a lot to get it there.👍

The actual party doesn’t start until this afternoon but most of the preparations are complete, but I’m sure my wife will find plenty to keep me busy! 😉
That's good to hear, kind of strange (but also kind of typical) they let it dry out like that :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Sorry! :) I hope it goes well, and that you all have a great time :thumbsup:
I took a second look at the color of the handle this morning. I compared it to another knife I have in walnut, and you are correct, it doesn’t have a reddish tint. Nice eye for color!😉 I posted a comparison photo in the Totin’ thread out of respect for the rules of this thread.😉👍

Thank you :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend. Thought I'd have a 'Fancy Pants' Sunday! :D :thumbsup:

iMsK07C.jpg
Jack, very nice setting for you photo:thumbsup:. That Lambfoot is gorgeous and the Damascus blade is perfect for that knife:thumbsup:. Hope you are having a good weekend.:)

Jack, very nice setting for you photo:thumbsup:. That Lambfoot is gorgeous and the Damascus blade is perfect for that knife:thumbsup:. Hope you are having a good weekend.:)

Much appreciated Bill :) The weather has been so poor here that I haven't been out at all, but finding plenty of things to do in the house. I'm hoping I'll be able to go for a hike next weekend :thumbsup:

ib6CROM.jpg

Back