Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I'll be out early to the market tomorrow, so I won't get a chance to catch up until later in the day. The forecast is for yet more rain, but I'm looking forward to it anyway. Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

Hur4cjh.jpg

Called in for coffee at a local Italian place. It's been a while since I was able to do that :) :thumbsup:

gHBeJxv.jpg

That’s nice, Jack. Funny how novel
something like that can feel now. 🙂

Speaking of beverages, I saw a headline today that said Brits need to drink 124 pints of beer each to help save UK pubs. Sounds like you’ve got your work cut out for you! 😳😉

Hey Rob! :) It's great to see you here my friend :cool: What a great pic of your fabulous flock :) :thumbsup:

I was just wondering where that one was! :D Didn't you have another you were going to get new covers for Rob? Or have I dreamnt that?! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Definitely one to hang onto :cool: I hope GEC do another Lambsfoot run one day :) :thumbsup:

They're pretty rare Ken :) I was going to get an SFO made up, but can't find a reliable cutler, I didn't even get the prototype I was promised :rolleyes:

Thanks Jack, Glennbad recovered one in sawcut, I kept it a year or more and traded it to Glennbad :thumbsup:
Here's a shot of them together.
4swYDNZ.jpg

Hope everyone is well and enjoying their Lambsfoot knives :thumbsup: It's been awhile since I took an updated photo of my flock. It's an overcast day with rain on the way, good light for my phone camera:thumbsup: No recent additions, vintage Lambsfoot knives in good condition don't pop up often:(
eSPrlNY.jpg
Every one of those is a gem!

That’s nice, Jack. Funny how novel
something like that can feel now. 🙂

Speaking of beverages, I saw a headline today that said Brits need to drink 124 pints of beer each to help save UK pubs. Sounds like you’ve got your work cut out for you! 😳😉
Yes indeed Barrett, I used to call in somewhere for coffee at least once a day :)

Is that right Barrett?! :oops: I guess I better get started! :D ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack, Glennbad recovered one in sawcut, I kept it a year or more and traded it to Glennbad :thumbsup:
Here's a shot of them together.
4swYDNZ.jpg
I remember now Rob (thanks) :) That looks great, and it certainly went to a good home :) I love the deep black patina on the blades of your original :cool: :thumbsup:

Here's a pic of Rob's knife outside the old Taylor's Eye Witness factory for everyone :thumbsup:

yh9OUDo.jpg

I hope everyone is having a good Thursday :) It's been a long day here, and a tiring one. I had a pleasant time with my friends at the market, but it rained heavily from 11.00am. I have a few things to do, but hoping to get caught up later :thumbsup:

ESjnmfh.jpg

ooLegev.jpg

Yes indeed Barrett, I used to call in somewhere for coffee at least once a day :)

Is that right Barrett?! :oops: I guess I better get started! :D ;) :thumbsup:

I remember now Rob (thanks) :) That looks great, and it certainly went to a good home :) I love the deep black patina on the blades of your original :cool: :thumbsup:

Here's a pic of Rob's knife outside the old Taylor's Eye Witness factory for everyone :thumbsup:

yh9OUDo.jpg

I hope everyone is having a good Thursday :) It's been a long day here, and a tiring one. I had a pleasant time with my friends at the market, but it rained heavily from 11.00am. I have a few things to do, but hoping to get caught up later :thumbsup:

ESjnmfh.jpg

ooLegev.jpg
Thanks Jack and thanks for reposting the picture of my TEW near its point of manufacture :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I'm glad it got to take a vacation near home:) I love the black patina as well,.
Glenn expressed an interest when he sent back the recovered knife so I thought he needed to enjoy it awhile and passed it back to him after I had enjoyed it a bit.

Thanks Jack and thanks for reposting the picture of my TEW near its point of manufacture :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I'm glad it got to take a vacation near home:) I love the black patina as well,.
Glenn expressed an interest when he sent back the recovered knife so I thought he needed to enjoy it awhile and passed it back to him after I had enjoyed it a bit.

A pleasure my friend :) I don't know how the old TEW Works looks today, but it is no longer owned by Taylor's, and is currently being transformed into yuppie flats, with parts of the building being demolished :( For anyone here who hasn't seen the old factory, there are some pics in this thread here :thumbsup:

I sure hope this old poem on one of the corner stones survives. When TEW were trying to get rid of the building, with an aim to get it demolished by contesting its listed building status, it was convenient for them to pretend that the date on the poem was an "old forgery", and perhaps they were even genuinely ignorant. In fact, the stone was taken from the nearby Debtor's Prison, which was demolished prior to the TEW factory being built :thumbsup:

guN4jG4.jpg

Back