Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thought I would drop in to say hi to my fellow Guardians.
9622009679_62bd3d9095_h.jpg

Old pic of the Lambsfoot I won in Jack's GAW.

Jack I'm going camping tomorrow, and I think I'm going to take it with me to whittle.

Fantastic, hope you get a few nice pics :) :thumbsup:

Thought I would drop in to say hi to my fellow Guardians.
9622009679_62bd3d9095_h.jpg

Old pic of the Lambsfoot I won in Jack's GAW.

Good to see you Kevin, that was a long time ago wasn't it? :) :thumbsup:

- very smart re-grind traumkommode traumkommode :thumbsup:

But utterly jealous yer goin' a campin'....... :confused:

:D - enjoy, and loadsa pics please :cool:

I'll lately some photography. I don't have a camera right now and the hippies I'm going with sometimes scoff at a phone on a camping trip, but it's a beautiful even that I think I need to show everyone ;)

Here's the makeshift dual dangler I rigged up for the hike:

40535438415_3e975675b7_b.jpg

40535438375_0d96c8d8e5_b.jpg

Interesting arrangement. Nice to see your LAMBSFOOT. Hope you have a great hike :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! :) I hope you have a dry weekend! :thumbsup: We have 2 - 3 inches of rain in the forecast starting early Saturday through Sunday evening. :(

Rotten! Well I hope you find a dry spot to hole up Ron :thumbsup: Not too dry of course ;) The weather was supposed to improve here, but no sign of it yet :(

I'll lately some photography. I don't have a camera right now and the hippies I'm going with sometimes scoff at a phone on a camping trip, but it's a beautiful even that I think I need to show everyone ;)

- far out, man :thumbsup::)

Have fun, whatever :cool:

It's nearly the weekend folks, so here's something for you to mull over :) The Guardians thread is coming up to 250 pages, with nearly 5000 posts! Who'd a thunk it?! :cool: To say thanks to those of you who have helped to get us here, I'd like to propose a giveaway, which will hopefully appeal to you Guardians :)

The first stage in the production of a Lambsfoot knife at A.Wright & Son is that the basic shape of the Lambsfoot blade is stamped out a sheet of steel, by hand, with an ancient foot-operated press (that's a traditional cutler's three-legged stool there).

IMG_1109.JPG

Here's a selection of the blanking tools, which are used.

IMG_1111.JPG

I thought the leftover strips of steel looked very cool, and asked if I could have one, which I have framed on my living room wall. Here it is, used as a background for a photo of one of my knives (they're each about a foot long).

AW SB Lambsfoot 1-1.JPG

I subsequently got another couple of the strips. I sent one to Charlie waynorth waynorth , and I have another, which I thought a Lambsfoot enthusiast might treasure, like I treasure mine. So that's the prize. If you just think it's a piece of junk, don't worry, I won't be offended! :D

The giveaway is open to anyone with more than 5 posts in this thread prior to this one. Please make it clear you're in, and post a photo of yourself with a Lambsfoot knife. Or, if you're shy, you can post a pic with the knife (or knives) with your dog, kids, house, car, or whatever. But something personal please :) I hope this is of interest anyway, I'll draw it next Friday. Good luck everyone, and thanks again :) :thumbsup:

Jack

Cool idea, Jack! I'm still just a lambsfoot admirer rather than an owner, so good luck to the Guardians who enter!

Not an entry of course!
But the cut-out sheet is a great artifact to grace the wall of any knife room or den.
It evokes thoughts of the cutleries I have visited, and the fascinating process, including hundreds of hand operations, that it takes to makes these useful objects we love so much!!
Silhouette 1.jpg
Congrats on this great thread, Jack!! Good luck to those who enter!!

Cool idea, Jack! I'm still just a lambsfoot admirer rather than an owner, so good luck to the Guardians who enter!

After your inauguration into the Guardians, there'll be plenty more giveaways in the years to come I hope Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Not an entry of course!
But the cut-out sheet is a great artifact to grace the wall of any knife room or den.
It evokes thoughts of the cutleries I have visited, and the fascinating process, including hundreds of hand operations, that it takes to makes these useful objects we love so much!!
View attachment 886919
Congrats on this great thread, Jack!! Good luck to those who enter!!

Many thanks Charlie :) :thumbsup:

After your inauguration into the Guardians, there'll be plenty more giveaways in the years to come I hope Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks Charlie :) :thumbsup:

I won’t hold out forever. Mostly I’m hung up on which size and handle material to get!

I won’t hold out forever. Mostly I’m hung up on which size and handle material to get!

Up to you to decide of course Joshua, but personally I think the basic Rosewood 31 from Wright's is a good starting point, and inexpensive. Those Oakwood 'seconds', also made by Wright's, look like good value. If you prefer stainless over carbon, there's Taylor's Eye Witness or the knives sold by Eggington :thumbsup:

It's nearly the weekend folks, so here's something for you to mull over :) The Guardians thread is coming up to 250 pages, with nearly 5000 posts! Who'd a thunk it?! :cool: To say thanks to those of you who have helped to get us here, I'd like to propose a giveaway, which will hopefully appeal to you Guardians :)

The first stage in the production of a Lambsfoot knife at A.Wright & Son is that the basic shape of the Lambsfoot blade is stamped out a sheet of steel, by hand, with an ancient foot-operated press (that's a traditional cutler's three-legged stool there).

View attachment 886895

Here's a selection of the blanking tools, which are used.

View attachment 886896

I thought the leftover strips of steel looked very cool, and asked if I could have one, which I have framed on my living room wall. Here it is, used as a background for a photo of one of my knives (they're each about a foot long).

View attachment 886897

I subsequently got another couple of the strips. I sent one to Charlie waynorth waynorth , and I have another, which I thought a Lambsfoot enthusiast might treasure, like I treasure mine. So that's the prize. If you just think it's a piece of junk, don't worry, I won't be offended! :D

The giveaway is open to anyone with more than 5 posts in this thread prior to this one. Please make it clear you're in, and post a photo of yourself with a Lambsfoot knife. Or, if you're shy, you can post a pic with the knife (or knives) with your dog, kids, house, car, or whatever. But something personal please :) I hope this is of interest anyway, I'll draw it next Friday. Good luck everyone, and thanks again :) :thumbsup:

Jack

Great pictures Jack, and those metal cut outs certainly look like art to me!!! :)
That old machine bring back good memories.

Back