2oYWMa9.jpg
OTW is looking all the better for it Jer :) :thumbsup:
Who ate all the pies...
Looks delicious.πŸ˜‹

Wow.
Good effort everyone. :thumbsup:

After a day of gardening for my mum.
l6iNgPI.jpg
I reckon it might be me who ate all the pies :rolleyes: I had a steak bake for dinner, steak & onion pie for tea, followed by apple pie & custard :D ;) :thumbsup:

You've earned it David! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

I received a package from my friend @herder yesterday, (after the USPS finally released it from its 2 month layover in Chicago :rolleyes:), which included an addition to my small collection of vintage compasses :) Thought you folks might like to see it :thumbsup:

VJ6nhQk.jpg

iUD2QKO.jpg
Cool collection Jack:). Unique and interesting;). The Sambar is very nice too. Bet it's a hard worker:thumbsup:.

Nice looking Lambsfoot there ^^^ πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘
Thank you very much, Duncan!πŸ™‚πŸ‘
That wood is ash, not a lot of character to it, but I find it good wood for a cane or staff. If it was good enough for Odin, it's good enough for me! :D I haven't really decided what I'm going to do with this one yet, I might flame it a little :)
Ash is a good hard wood. In the eastern US, the Emerald Ash Borers Beatles are decimating the ash trees, which is used for baseball bats. Hopefully they'll find something to stop them.πŸ™
Got my Rosewood Big 'Un in my pocket :) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

3mHkrJS.jpg
Gosh Jack, that's a dandy!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ‘
Arrggg, Ewe picked a winner!πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
I haven't made up my mind whether to carry my Rosewood Big 'Un again, or the Sambar model I just sharpened. Decisions, decisions! ;) :D What do you think Guardians? ;)
...YES!πŸ˜„
This is what i wanted, the base, is solid all metal and well made and put together.
The unit cost me $27US, that is all i have put into it so far.
I think that's a good idea, Leon!πŸ‘ I need to break down one of these days and buy a system like that.
Having some lunch listening to the radio about all the storm damage, and just found out some parts of the state got flooding with the rain overnight, you have to feel sorry for the people affected. Just to get my quota in :) pastry gastronomical delights having some party pies, with Charles keeping them company.
gq5jl0v.jpg
But who's keeping an eye on Charlie...?πŸ˜‰πŸ‘
Good morning Guardians, thought I'd take screened porch screened porch screened porch screened porch 's advice, and slip this Straight Sambar in my pocket today ;) Have a good one Guardians :thumbsup:

agCA7iF.jpg
Couldn't have gone wrong with that one, Jack!πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
I received a package from my friend @herder yesterday, (after the USPS finally released it from its 2 month layover in Chicago :rolleyes:), which included an addition to my small collection of vintage compasses :) Thought you folks might like to see it :thumbsup:

VJ6nhQk.jpg

iUD2QKO.jpg
Real nice additions to your addictions!πŸ™‚πŸ‘
I bought a new SD card. So far so good.
2oYWMa9.jpg
Does look good, Jer!πŸ‘
I bet the 3rd Armoured Division weren't to shy with their ale either 😁
That's an unusual patina there.
I did try to represent our side as much as I could, but it was tough!πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸΊπŸΊ
After a day of gardening for my mum.
l6iNgPI.jpg
Nice way to finish it off, David!πŸ‘

Really been sticking to the Ironwood lately.
LFJ315H.jpg

Have a great Friday, all!

Ash is a good hard wood. In the eastern US, the Emerald Ash Borers Beatles are decimating the ash trees, which is used for baseball bats. Hopefully they'll find something to stop them.πŸ™
I'm very sorry to hear that Dennis :( Here it is Ash Dieback Disease which is decimating the population of ash trees, which make up a high percentage of our woodlands :(

Close to where I live, some of the old ash trees were affected, and had to be cut down, along with hundreds of young ash trees, which were in their vicinity. I've used some of these young trees to make hiking staffs, since otherwise they are just left to rot :( :thumbsup:

LFJ315H.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words my friend :) I'm glad that you're still enjoying carrying your 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot :) It really has some great character :cool: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, another week coming to an end here, and it's not been a bad one here :) The weather certainly helps ;) Hope everyone else is doing OK, and that you've all had a reasonable week, with a great weekend to come. I thought I'd carry this Old Friend today, my 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot in ebony :) Have a good one Guardians :thumbsup:

78wPs9e.jpg

Scary news about the ash trees. People over here are going through massive clean up's after all the storms yesterday. I am just about to sit down for dinner, day old Lamb and vegie soup, some would call it a stew, is nice and thick, soups stews and casseroles are always better the next day. Hope all guardians have a good weekend. :thumbsup:

Pqs7uaD.jpg

Scary news about the ash trees. People over here are going through massive clean up's after all the storms yesterday. I am just about to sit down for dinner, day old Lamb and vegie soup, some would call it a stew, is nice and thick, soups stews and casseroles are always better the next day. Hope all guardians have a good weekend. :thumbsup:

Pqs7uaD.jpg
Yeah, it's a real shame Leon :( I hope you get everything cleared up OK mate :thumbsup: Yeah, definitely best the next day :thumbsup: Getting a bit peckish myself ;) :D :thumbsup:

I thought I'd check out one of these slingshots, a simple design, I've put very light bands on. It's lightweight, and very un-tactical, so I'll probably just keep it in my vest pocket for some casual plinking. Shooting well, despite having to adopt a different grip style :thumbsup:

279DAjE.jpg

Thank you very much, Duncan!πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Arrggg, Ewe picked a winner!πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

...YES!πŸ˜„

I think that's a good idea, Leon!πŸ‘ I need to break down one of these days and buy a system like that.

But who's keeping an eye on Charlie...?πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

Does look good, Jer!πŸ‘

I did try to represent our side as much as I could, but it was tough!πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸΊπŸΊ

Nice way to finish it off, David!πŸ‘

LFJ315H.jpg

Nice Photo of a great looking knife!
I'm very sorry to hear that Dennis :( Here it is Ash Dieback Disease which is decimating the population of ash trees, which make up a high percentage of our woodlands :(

Close to where I live, some of the old ash trees were affected, and had to be cut down, along with hundreds of young ash trees, which were in their vicinity. I've used some of these young trees to make hiking staffs, since otherwise they are just left to rot :( :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the kind words my friend :) I'm glad that you're still enjoying carrying your 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot :) It really has some great character :cool: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, another week coming to an end here, and it's not been a bad one here :) The weather certainly helps ;) Hope everyone else is doing OK, and that you've all had a reasonable week, with a great weekend to come. I thought I'd carry this Old Friend today, my 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot in ebony :) Have a good one Guardians :thumbsup:

78wPs9e.jpg
Love that "Bagpie Ebony". Got mine out the other day and also the Ironwood SFO. Great knives all.:thumbsup: Jack, the has disease is devastating our trees too but the English White Ash is very troubling for our Morgan owners as the body tub is made of White Ash and I have used billets of it for the coach built pieces. The Dutch elm disease (which is really and insect infestation killed several beautiful trees at Pennssylvania State University that we more than one hundred years old.πŸ˜ͺ
I saved yesterday's back-up picture for today. Nice light.
jMcMIdM.jpg
Wonderful photo. Love that translucent horn.

Still unpacking and now waiting til the cardboard recycling facility opens. Got tons of broken down cardboard to deliver. Decided to give my HHB a rest and a touch up with my ceramic stone. Using a non-lambfoot knife today...heresy! No photos of the interloper to be sure.

Love that "Bagpie Ebony". Got mine out the other day and also the Ironwood SFO. Great knives all.:thumbsup: Jack, the has disease is devastating our trees too but the English White Ash is very troubling for our Morgan owners as the body tub is made of White Ash and I have used billets of it for the coach built pieces. The Dutch elm disease (which is really and insect infestation killed several beautiful trees at Pennssylvania State University that we more than one hundred years old.πŸ˜ͺ

Wonderful photo. Love that translucent horn.

Still unpacking and now waiting til the cardboard recycling facility opens. Got tons of broken down cardboard to deliver. Decided to give my HHB a rest and a touch up with my ceramic stone. Using a non-lambfoot knife today...heresy! No photos of the interloper to be sure.
Thanks a lot Bill, but that's the 2018 Guardians SFO, and so far as I know no bagpipes were injured in its manufacture ;) :D :thumbsup:

depositphotos_117548884-stock-photo-cartoon-of-funny-bagpipe-creature.jpg

Very sorry to hear of that buddy, Dutch Elm caused a lot of devastation here when I was a youngster. I'd always thought Morgan used oak, and was obviously misinformed. I hope they have plenty of older stock. Here's a pic for you :thumbsup:

6vj52IZ.jpg

Hope you settle into your new home Bill :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Bill, but that's the 2018 Guardians SFO, and so far as I know no bagpipes were injured in its manufacture ;) :D :thumbsup:

depositphotos_117548884-stock-photo-cartoon-of-funny-bagpipe-creature.jpg

Very sorry to hear of that buddy, Dutch Elm caused a lot of devastation here when I was a youngster. I'd always thought Morgan used oak, and was obviously misinformed. I hope they have plenty of older stock. Here's a pic for you :thumbsup:

6vj52IZ.jpg

Hope you settle into your new home Bill :thumbsup:
LOL . The red Plus 8 pictured is a real looker. Love the mag wheels on the plus 8. Th Sat Georges Cross medallion sets it off nicely.

Today has gone FASSSTT! :D I've just been packing my bag for a hike tomorrow, got 2 litres of water, my slingshot gear, and everything I need for some lunch in the woods...it ain't exactly light! :eek: :D The weather forecast is good, but in Yorkshire, that rarely means you don't need to pack a raincoat! :rolleyes: I'm going to head out to Rougemont on the River Wharfe again, got a circular walk planned, hopefully it'll be a great day :) :thumbsup:

Hopefully, warmer than the last time I was out that way :D ;) It was still a nice day though :) :thumbsup:

w0kfW1n.jpg

It's a great work-out! :D Looking good Todd :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack.😊
Today has gone FASSSTT! :D I've just been packing my bag for a hike tomorrow, got 2 litres of water, my slingshot gear, and everything I need for some lunch in the woods...it ain't exactly light! :eek: :D The weather forecast is good, but in Yorkshire, that rarely means you don't need to pack a raincoat! :rolleyes: I'm going to head out to Rougemont on the River Wharfe again, got a circular walk planned, hopefully it'll be a great day :) :thumbsup:

Hopefully, warmer than the last time I was out that way :D ;) It was still a nice day though :) :thumbsup:

w0kfW1n.jpg
Looking good buddy, hope you have a great time, can’t wait to see the pictures.πŸ‘

Thanks Jack.😊

Looking good buddy, hope you have a great time, can’t wait to see the pictures.πŸ‘

Thanks a lot Todd, I'm going to have my Hartshead Barlow with me tomorrow :) Here's a pic from the last time I was in that area. Hope you and all the other Guardians have a fantastic weekend :thumbsup:

4Q6wDJq.jpg

Back