Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good morning Guardians, quiet here, hope everyone had a good start to the week. I keep trying to un-pocket my Hartshead Barlow, and give some of my other Lambs a day out, but it's a struggle....maybe tomorrow! Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

B2Bbovw.jpg
Love that term, “un-pocket,” it IS hard sometimes!👍
Small lunchtime snack ;)

98eUOuy.jpg
Looks yummy Jack, and I’m not even sure what it is. I guess it’s true when they say we eat with our eyes!😳👍

It sure was Greg, I drove down from Sheffield with Ron Fawcett (can't believe how brief that entry is, I had a bigger one at one time!), and another friend from the climbing world, and there were a whole bunch of us, who mostly knew each other. We went climbing at Bowles Rocks (too easy!), and then after visiting the factory, Marlow really rolled out the red carpet for us at a swanky hotel, where there was an incredible Fawlty Towers type incident! :D My favourite part of the factory was the testing centre, where the ropes were tested to destruction, including by being pulled apart, which makes a noise like an explosion! Unfortunately, I couldn't take any photographs, despite getting advance permission, because of all their Defence contracts :( Great trip though :thumbsup:

A pity about the missed photo op, but it sounds like you have wonderful memories of the day

Stunning photos Greg looks like a great day for it. The U.S certainly doesn't lack for want of amazing scenery and Yosemite must top the list.
But one thing I miss in the UK is our lack of elevation; Ben Nevis in Scotland is our highest point at 4,413ft.

Bike ride for me yesterday.

Thanks, David. Yosemite is indeed a special place.

Looks like you had for nice riding and refreshment. :) :thumbsup:

2,500 pages. Amazing! Congratulations and thank you, Jack Black Jack Black ! You really seem to be onto something here. :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Greg, I hope so! :D ;) :thumbsup:

A pity about the missed photo op, but it sounds like you have wonderful memories of the day
Yes, it was quite a night, with a few bizarre incidents! :D Unfortunately, the long drive back the next day put my back out, and I had to cancel another climbing trip a few days later :( :thumbsup:

Well, trying to start my own flock!!! :D

Finally! Lookie what I got!!! They took their time crossing the ocean but they are in my hands now :D

I got them through a dealer who's been generously working with me to find as best of samples as possible (centered blades, no proud tips, nice f&f/w&t, etc.).

Super nice fit and finish. I'm digging the filed backsprings!

cHTz9Ql.jpg

CArrCeL.jpg

It's interesting that they did, but pretty darn stupid of them to misapply it. But then, they recently released a 'Barlow' with a short bolster.
And all the clip points out there described as drop-points.
Hey, man, definitions aren't real!
Not anymore. Might as well relax, though. Blowing our gaskets about it won't help.
HlBc578.jpg

Finally! Lookie what I got!!! They took their time crossing the ocean but they are in my hands now :D

I got them through a dealer who's been generously working with me to find as best of samples as possible (centered blades, no proud tips, nice f&f/w&t, etc.).

cHTz9Ql.jpg

CArrCeL.jpg
Those look really sweet Ken. It’s nice to have a dealer that works with you. 😉👍

Those look really sweet Ken. It’s nice to have a dealer that works with you. 😉👍
Yep. Lucky. PM me if you want to know. My guess is that he is well established in the community but I don't know if he is a member here.

You probably know him already :D

Thank you, Jack, for everything.

That's the flock, not counting the relics and vintage TEW, which is resting on the "I'll get to it soon" table. ;)
You are much better at getting to it than I am Rachel :D ;) :thumbsup:

cHTz9Ql.jpg

CArrCeL.jpg
Glad you got a couple of good 'uns Ken :) :thumbsup:
And all the clip points out there described as drop-points.
Hey, man, definitions aren't real!
Not anymore. Might as well relax, though. Blowing our gaskets about it won't help.
HlBc578.jpg
Yeah, why can't they just learn?! Unfortunately there is no friendly : rolleyes anymore (more is definitely less) :rolleyes: Looking good Jer :thumbsup:
Congratulations to all The Guardians for 2,500 pages. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Thanks for all your contributions here John :) :thumbsup:

I'll be back, congratulations Jack on the big 2-5-0-0!
OuY7EET.jpg
Thanks pal, that's a great composition :) :thumbsup:

The Ron Half/Stop Memorial Giveaway

I never imagined, when I started this thread, on June 26th 2016, almost 5 years ago, that it would run to 50,000 posts, only very rarely slipping off The Porch front-page. Things are certainly quieter here than they were a few years back, when everyone was posting pics of their SFOs, and I was struggling to keep up with all the posts made while I was fast asleep in Yorkshire, but we’ve still made it to this great milestone. So thanks to everyone who has helped us get here, particularly our longstanding regular members. Thanks for making this thread the great place it is to hang-out :thumbsup:

As everyone here knows, less than a year ago, we lost one of our greatest contributors, Ron Half/Stop Half/Stop , who I know is still greatly missed by those of us lucky enough to have counted him as a friend. Ron loved Lambsfoot knives, but he had a particular fondness for the large-bladed Big ‘Un, and always wanted a large Lambsfoot SFO with ebony covers. Before the change of ownership at A. Wright & Son, I had hoped to get a run of Big ‘Uns made for our annual Guardians knife, and while that wasn’t to be, I did get a short run of 10 made up with Bagpipe Ebony covers. They were the last knives I had made by Wright’s, and the ebony wasn’t as black as I had been promised, and half the blades were off-centre, so I gave most of them away. Ron had the first pick though, and that knife was, sadly, the last knife I gifted him before he passed away.

When I noticed we were rapidly approaching 50,000 posts, I was searching round for a suitable prize, and was surprised to come across a knife from that run. Sadly, the blade is slightly off-centre, but I hope it’s acceptable as a suitable prize in my Ron Half/Stop Memorial Giveaway. It does bear the tang-stamp of the firm who made it, but I think they’ve had enough publicity from me, and considering their rather despicable behaviour, I resent them filching pics from the Guardians thread to use in their publicity material, so I’m not showing it.

VRPgGzw.jpg

SxCw0z3.jpg

The giveaway is open to any member of Bladeforums to enter, with more than 20 posts on The Porch. If you’re a Guardian, post a pic of your Lambsfoot, and get a second entry. If you’re a regular here, and have posted in this thread in the past 3 months, post a link to one of your posts, and you get an additional entry. If you have any memories about Ron, please feel free to share them. Otherwise, either tell us some of the things you love about the Lambsfoot pattern, and why you carry one, or, if you don’t yet have a Lambsfoot, say why you’d like to try the pattern. Outstanding posts will get yet another chance of winning the prize. The draw will be from my hat, in about a week’s time. I’ll call ‘Last orders’ a day or two beforehand ;)

Good luck everyone, and thanks once again to all the Guardians :)

Seize the Lambsfoot! Seize the Day! :D ;)

Jack

Back