Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Jack, thanks for letting me know about the giveaway in the other thread. I’d love to be included, but I’m very much a noob when it comes to these blades. I’d rather see one of your long standing regulars win the prize.

Here’s a picture of my “big’un and little’un” just for fun.

I had just got that big’un in the pic by the way. Didn’t have it for long though - blade was so crooked if it ate a nail it would crap a corkscrew. I sent it back to the vendor.

Another one is in the mail, so we’re gonna try it again… 😃

This is my entry for the Half/Stop GAW, it's not the one I intended, but it is the one I can do today.

I had these plans today. I was going to take an artful photo of my lambsfoot in the field, perhaps with any cool artifacts I found, perhaps with my lunch. Instead it ended up being a day of frustrating sticky clay and rampaging ticks. I love my job, and enjoy pretty much every day I am out in the field, but the ticks today were like nothing I have ever seen before. We were working in a wetland wildlife refuge, and there are lots of elk and deer that frequent the area we were digging. We were all walking through the tall grass, and the little parasites were just unbelievable.

I'll spare you all any further details, but suffice to say, rather than an artful knife picture, I give you an unartful shot of two of the ticks I killed with my lambsfoot today. It was less than half of what I killed with the lambsfoot, and less than a fifth of the ticks I killed today.

full

That's a really cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack!😎👍
ill got my Hartshead Barlow in my pocket ;) Have a great week Guardians :) :thumbsup:

ZsATSiR.jpg
Life's a bowl of cherries!😉
Likein' the pile side, Jack!🙂
Nice to see more of that one Dennis :cool: I
Thanks, Jack! There all great to carry!
I once got wined and dined, and rock-climbed, by the folks at Marlow Ropes, and visited their factory. It was an interesting visit, with huge ropes for securing oil-rigs and container ships, being hand-spliced :cool: Dyneema was only made commercially available in 1990, and had a significant impact in the rock-climbing world, though it was actually the US-imported Spectra we saw here first. I think that cord would even hold MY hammock! :D :thumbsup:
That would have been a cool tour! Great cord for hammocks for sure! 😎👍
I was wondering if that was what that was. I recently picked up a Technora line—which I believe is similar to Dyneema—to use as a ridge line for pitching a tarp. My first experience with it. It's impressive stuff!
It is! I use it for the same reason on the rain tarp, and to connect the hammock to the tree straps. Light and strong! Use the Nite Ize Cam Jams, and it's very quick to throw up the tarp.🙂👍
Thanks pal, that's a great composition :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack. It's a recycled photo, but it's been a little bit tough to get a photo done last few days.👍
When I noticed we were rapidly approaching 50,000 posts, I was searching round for a suitable prize, and was surprised to come across a knife from that run. Sadly, the blade is slightly off-centre, but I hope it’s acceptable as a suitable prize in my Ron Half/Stop Memorial Giveaway. It does bear the tang-stamp of the firm who made it, but I think they’ve had enough publicity from me, and considering their rather despicable behaviour, I resent them filching pics from the Guardians thread to use in their publicity material, so I’m not showing it.

VRPgGzw.jpg
I just knew Ron informally, with just the normal pleasantries, but he was always the friendly type, I can see why he had so many friends here!

Another great tribute to Ron by a man who stands tall in this forum by his own right.
Real nice thought, Jack!

You know my weakness is ebony, so I'd be honored to be part of this multi-faceted GAW!
And now... Congratulations to all the Guardians for achieving 50,000 posts. 🤠 :thumbsup:

That's a lot of...

A blast from the past :D
That was a cool one, John!🤠👍
To influence a behavior, one must understand the behavior. :D

Lambsfoot content:

Kqygw5wh.jpg
My wife says I'm a bit slow, does that count??😁👍

What an awsome looking '18 SFO! 🙂👍
Good morning Guardians, what a milestone! :) I wish our friend Ron could have been here to see it. I also hope that a few of our 'old regulars' will call in to say hello. Hope they're all doing well, particularly those members who no longer post on The Porch, and that they have a Lambsfoot in their pocket - folks like [IMG alt="cigarrodog"]https://www.bladeforums.com/data/avatars/s/381/381065.jpg?1492197660[/IMG] cigarrodog , [IMG alt="dc50"]https://www.bladeforums.com/data/avatars/s/175/175079.jpg?1492197529[/IMG] dc50 , [IMG alt="Rusty1"]https://www.bladeforums.com/data/avatars/s/147/147448.jpg?1492197516[/IMG] Rusty1 , [COLOR=#402060] D [/COLOR] Dschal , [IMG alt="pjsjr"]https://www.bladeforums.com/data/avatars/s/138/138056.jpg?1598048150[/IMG] pjsjr , [IMG alt="StoneBeard"]https://www.bladeforums.com/data/avatars/s/444/444432.jpg?1518556460[/IMG] StoneBeard , [IMG alt="rockman0"]https://www.bladeforums.com/data/avatars/s/344/344900.jpg?1536516610[/IMG] rockman0 , and many more :thumbsup: And where's Vince?! ;) Thanks again Guardians, have a great day :thumbsup:

It felt appropriate to carry my 2017 Guardians SFO today :thumbsup:

830ZIvp.jpg
Hppe some of them can stop by as well, Jack.

Great looking "Snake Charmer" covers on your '17 SFO!!😉👌
"There is a thing that we find on The Porch that goes much deeper than the depths of our pockets. It's called friendship!" - [IMG alt="Half/Stop"]https://www.bladeforums.com/data/avatars/s/385/385987.jpg?1492197663[/IMG] Half/Stop

vIdaZby.jpg
I always appreciated that in his sig line!🙂

And another terrific photo, Dan!😀

Nice herd, José!🙂👍
Congratulations to anyone who gets one.
vuG2ewK.jpg
Wonderful photo, Rachel!😀👍
Being among the fortunate who received a Big-un in Ebony from you, I will enter with a few older, favorite photos. If I win, please send the prize to [IMG alt="Sacto"]https://www.bladeforums.com/data/avatars/s/479/479685.jpg?1562435978[/IMG] Sacto . I'd like for him to try one out.
Nice, Mark!🙂
Congratulations Jack and all the other guardians on a fantastic thread, just happy to be a small part of it, and I LOVE the lambfoot.😊
I had only been a forum member for a short time and didn’t really know Ron, but when so many people speak so highly of one man it’s clear that he was a man of the highest character. Jack, this GAW is a very generous way to celebrate both Ron and the success of this awesome community. Thank you!

This banana was no match for my Big’un!😉👍View attachment 1583949
Well put, Todd!👍
You may have mentioned it before, but does the little shell-back have a name?

name?
Better take my Hartshead Barlow :D :thumbsp:

jn67vFs.jpg
Excellent choice!
Look forward to seeing your completed project!😎👍
Today, it served to clean the supports off of a triceratops piggy bank I 3D printed for my three year old.

dZaVmfZ.jpg
Most excellent use for a Lambsfoot!😀👍
I have been the receiver many times of generosity my friend so not an entry to your give-away- but I wanted to say a massive congratulations matey!

2LXzXWd.jpg
Some real fine examples, Duncan!🙂👌
Jack, thanks for letting me know about the giveaway in the other thread. I’d love to be included, but I’m very much a noob when it comes to these blades. I’d rather see one of your long standing regulars win the prize.

Here’s a picture of my “big’un and little’un” just for fun.

Real nice start, Will! Glad to see you've joined in. As Rachel r8shell r8shell has mentioned before, "One of us"! Hopefully they'll get you fixed up with an acceptable one!😎👍
Thought I'd have a Double Lambsfoot Day tomorrow, and add a Rosewood Big 'Un to my Hartshead Barlow :)

This ones for @JohnDF , mitch4ging mitch4ging , @Horsewright , and all our other resident cowboys! ;) :thumbsup:

losV0Ah.jpg
Cool, thanks for that one, Jack!🤠👍
[I'm pretty sure I've said before what I just deleted.
Here's a new picture, though.
Wwc0lPi.jpg
Great shot, Jer! Is that a Single Six?
Froggy herding over the flock
XnNGKAR.jpg

I look forward to the next 50,000 post. Long live the Lambfoot and it's Guardians!!
Lol! It's good to have some levity!🙂👍
What a day! Had a small road trip, had lunch with my mom and new knives when i got home!! Here is the star of the show today! Right into my pocket. View attachment 1584027View attachment 1584028the stag is beautiful!! I wasn't a guardian when these were made but Thank you Jack black for making these happen!!
Sounds like a great day! Nice pair you have there!🙂
Cheers, and REST IN PEACE, Ron.
8D31C468-9D4B-4B15-8253-A674573A56AD.jpeg
Real nice, Jeff.🙂
As it stands now, here is the collection:

qpZSulJ.jpg
Wow! Impressive herd, Dylan!!😮👍
Won’t stop here…keep on sharing! :)

rFR5ZMu.jpg
Looking good!👌
Jack,
Congratulations :thumbsup: I remember posting the "one that started it" in the old knives thread and you invited me to share it in this thread. That was Nov or Dec of 2017, thank you for sparking my interest in the pattern and inspiring me to step out today for a picture of my TEW :thumbsup:
RrhMrlj.jpg
One of the coolest TEW's I've seen!😎👍
All these photos of food from Rachel and chip butty's got me thinking of lunch. So put 2 + 2 together and came up with 5. Our fearless leader does love a sausage sandwich and i know he loves a chip butty, so i put my spin on lunch for 50,000 posts. A LAMB steak and Chip sandwich. And may i say it was good. :p:p:p . Saw Denis lurking around here before, how are you mate.:thumbsup:.

dBq33rH.jpg
...sorry I'm late, all this food made me hungry!! Thanks, Leon!😀👍
From 30 below in the winter to 100 degrees in the summer around here. I wish we could settle around the middle somewhere... :)

View attachment 1584134
Very nice composition!😎👍

Thanks again Jack for the introduction of this pattern! I'm sure everyone here has a "Jack got me started" story!

Here's my humble little but loved herd...
d64HbWU.jpg

Man... Ron was SUCH a neat guy, I Loved meeting him and Pam at the GEC Rendezvous, gutted he had to leave this place so early, just a wonderful man! I hope Ron's travels are continuing in a time free level, so when Pam decides to leave this Earth he can be there to meet her!

Jack you are a great man, thank you for what you do my friend.

Thank you very much brother, it has certainly been very gratifying to see so many folks take to the Lambsfoot pattern :) You're as generous as they come Duncan, and please feel to enter :) Thank you fort the great pics, it's great to see all those Lambsfoot knives :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack, but if I won I would probably offer it to one who has entered and not have one of these awesome knives!

Thank you very much brother, it has certainly been very gratifying to see so many folks take to the Lambsfoot pattern :) You're as generous as they come Duncan, and please feel to enter :) Thank you fort the great pics, it's great to see all those Lambsfoot knives :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack, but if I won I would probably offer it to one who has entered and not have one of these fantastic Knives! Most of these are early day shots!

L78Vznj.jpg

r1X2jxn.jpg

6Sr3mGM.jpg

GGAKM4M.jpg

ysvLDw0.jpg

0sr1Ewc.jpg

Ght5xGv.jpg

bUrKC8F.jpg

YDjR4JP.jpg

cvasZm5.jpg

Rtg640b.jpg

qGgLkxk.jpg

xDwOUN1.jpg

hoaDZLS.jpg

Congrats to Jack and all the Guardians on 50,000+ posts and 2500+ pages. Not an entry since I was lucky enough to win Jack's 100,000 Like GAW last year.

I didn't know Ron but like most, sure appreciated his contributions and demeanor. Here's to the next 50,000 posts!

QMveAdL.jpg

SFqJt7e.jpg

Back