Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

you ever make it over here, you certainly will be cpunted in!! And that goes for any of the Guardians!šŸ»šŸŗšŸ—
You would be surprised how many times that sort of invite has turned into me being shown the door. šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ followed by the words " And Don't Come Back. ";)
And thought it's time to share my ugly mug while at the Dr's office. šŸ¤Æ
You are being very hard on yourself there mate, you are in really good nick.:thumbsup:

Congratulations, Dylan! And thank you, Jack, for that generous giveaway in Ronā€™s memory. I enjoyed reading the thoughts that everyone shared.

My Hartshead Barlow will be back in my pocket ;) :thumbsup:

DydRSYT.jpg

Great pic, but please tell me that that ā€œmagicā€ steel is not how you sharpen your lambsfoots! :eek:

Looks like a friendly face to me, even obscured by the mask!

My HHB today.

Well, I guess I might as well join you gents. Out goes the rosewood with polished blade, in goes the rosewood HHB. From my lightest to my heftiest. Given the HHBā€™s tendency to be a pocket hog, it may be there for a good spell.

I hope everyone is having a good week. Like Jack, Iā€™ve been swamped, but the weekend is starting to peer over the horizonā€¦.

Thank you all for the kind comments - I am humbled, honored, and excited. Though I recently acquired my first "big 'un", it is an old and crusty thing and requires some TLC, which I haven't had a lot of time to administer yet. This one in Ebony will hopefully go right into the pocket when it arrives, and it's going to be accompanied by some very happy memories.

Red has been a surprisingly polarizing color in the past week so I thought I would show off my glennbad glennbad special - crimson bone with some exceptional jigging. Shown here with my "man with no name" big 'un - I think I will call him Clint.

Kefe5rO.jpg

Congrats on winning the ebony big 'un in the 50K-post GAW, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Jack, thanks again for hosting a generous and thoroughly enjoyable GAW! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
I was fascinated by everyone's posts to enter the GAW, especially seeing their lambsfoot pics and reading their remembrances of Ron @Half/Stop and/or their thoughts on lambsfoot knives.

- GT
A pleasure Gary, thanks for all the splendid entries and the heart-warming recollections of Ron Guardians :) I wish I had an Ebony Big 'Un to send everyone :) :thumbsup:
Congratulations Dylan. I always appreciate your posts and your excellent pictures of those beautiful knives.

Ron welcomed me to the porch back in 2015 when I had only one traditional knife. We kept in touch through the Forum and I was lucky enough to meet him in person at the 2018 GEC Rendezvous and again at the 2019 Rendezvous. He sold me his extra Bloodwood Beer Scout Knife because he knew I had admired his. I still carry that one probably more often than any other. I was looking forward to hanging out with Ron on the GEC front porch during the 2020 Rendezvous, but of course COVID-19 canceled most everything last year. Ron was a wonderful person to know. He was always very positive and made me feel like we had been friends for a long time.
Very touching :) :thumbsup:
Congratulations Dylan PĆ druig PĆ druig on your winning the big'un! A most worthy recipient. Well done Jack and thank you for a generous gift in memory of Ron. I miss him especially here. Ron was the first guardian to welcome me into the fold. Kind and always thoughtful of others. Rest in peace brother.View attachment 1588305
Thanks Dwight, it's great to see some of your stunning photography :) :thumbsup:+
Thank you very much, Jack! I do love the Ironwood, such a great looking Lambsfoot, great SFO project you accomplished!šŸ™‚šŸ‘

Spectacular AC, Jack!! Hope you are recovering from the busy days!šŸ™‚šŸ‘

Thanks Jack for an incredible GAW with such great meaning for so many! Well done, my friend!

Of course it will be back in your pocket! Getting some great wear!šŸ™‚šŸ‘
Hope you have a great morning!

My HHB today.
DgHfD7J.jpg
MIKkcxD.jpg

Have a great Thursday!
Many thanks Dennis :) It's great to see you there buddy, hope you're doing well, great pics :) :thumbsup:
Congratulations, Dylan! And thank you, Jack, for that generous giveaway in Ronā€™s memory. I enjoyed reading the thoughts that everyone shared.

I hope everyone is having a good week. Like Jack, Iā€™ve been swamped, but the weekend is starting to peer over the horizonā€¦.
Thanks Greg, me too, nice work Guardians, you did Ron proud :thumbsup: Sorry to hear about the work, I hope you get clear for the weekend :) :thumbsup:
Looking good Jer :) :thumbsup:
Well guys it's a tough job but somebodys gotta do it! Service call to a mooring.View attachment 1588547
WOW! :cool: Fantastic pic there, we got some great vintage stag for those knives :) :thumbsup:
You guys got me. I have to see what all the fuss is about with these Lambs feet.šŸ˜‚
You definitely do! ;) :thumbsup:
Thank you all for the kind comments - I am humbled, honored, and excited. Though I recently acquired my first "big 'un", it is an old and crusty thing and requires some TLC, which I haven't had a lot of time to administer yet. This one in Ebony will hopefully go right into the pocket when it arrives, and it's going to be accompanied by some very happy memories.

Red has been a surprisingly polarizing color in the past week so I thought I would show off my glennbad glennbad special - crimson bone with some exceptional jigging. Shown here with my "man with no name" big 'un - I think I will call him Clint.

Kefe5rO.jpg
I think you'll like it Dylan :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Great to see those two :) I'm thinking of asking Glenn if he'll lay in a stock of smooth ivory bone! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Another long day here, and it's taken me until nearly 7.30pm to get a chance to post. I did get to spend a few hours with my pals at the market though, and lots of tales and jokes were told, and cake eaten! :D Speaking of cake, when I was going out today, I had some documents I wanted to keep flat, so pushed them down the back of my rucsac, where I found an old vintage recipe book I bought from the market 6 months ago, and put in the same place for safe keeping! :D I remember seeing this book a lot as a kid, I think it was one of two recipe books my mother owned, probably given to her by her own mother, who got it free with vouchers from Be-Ro flour. My grandmother was a good cook, but she didn't pass that on to her daughter, who was the worst cook imaginable! :eek: Flicking through the fat=speckled book, produced in the times of post-WW2 austerity, I don't recall seeing many of the simple cakes and pastries described, but I do remember my mother's terrible version of a swiss-roll, which looked nothing like the version here, with its dry-tasting, inch-thick sponge, and a smidgen of jam! :rolleyes: :D I am SO glad to have survived childhood! :D ;) :thumbsup:

ffTN5bG.jpg

Mn0HPBI.jpg

crimson bone with some exceptional jigging
Exceptional is an understatement, would love to see a knife that is the reason for a current poll in that color.
Flicking through the fat=speckled book, produced in the times of post-WW2 austerity, I don't recall seeing many of the simple cakes and pastries described, but I do remember my mother's terrible version of a swiss-roll, which looked nothing like the version here, with its dry-tasting, inch-thick sponge, and a smidgen of jam! :rolleyes: :D I am SO glad to have survived childhood! :D ;) :thumbsup:
I remember stories my mother and oldest sister regaled of that period. The amount of creative thinking looking for substitutes because of rationing, i think all swiss-roll's would have been dry tasting, like plastering flour. A different time that raised a more resilient,creative generation.

I remember stories my mother and oldest sister regaled of that period. The amount of creative thinking looking for substitutes because of rationing, i think all swiss-roll's would have been dry tasting, like plastering flour. A different time that raised a more resilient,creative generation.
Yes, the wartime rations were very tight indeed. While my granddad (on my mother's side) was away fighting, my grandmother worked making munitions, as a capstan lathe setter-operator, with a window-cleaning round on the side. She was a very resourceful woman, as was my other grandmother. Food rationing was officially over by the time I was a nipper, but not in our house! :rolleyes: :D Ironically, the first job my mother had after leaving school was in the catering department of one of Sheffield's department stores. She was sacked after 2 days! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

o_O I can relate to that.šŸ¤£;)
I'm sure she deserved it! :rolleyes: :D:thumbsup:

I always liked cooking, but it wasn't until I was in my 30's, that I finally sat down with my parents and asked them why they ate such terrible food. It was probably a bit late in the day, but it wasn't hard to improve things a little. If you cook rice or pasta for half an hour, and vegetables for twice that, for instance, they WILL taste rotten, it doesn't cost anymore to cook them properly. We all get things wrong from time to time, but why keep repeating the same mistakes over and over for decades? :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Back