Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

This large and in charge Stag is part of my carries for today! :D

38663844755_d32c76abfa_b_d.jpg

Very authoritative my friend! :D :thumbsup:

Gorgeous knife, Paul! The horn and the file work really come together to make for a particularly stunning and unique knife. Very nice acquisition.

I was at one of my favorite pubs last night and enjoyed a pint and a pipe sitting at the outdoor fire pit. (Sorry, no pictures. I tend to forget to snap pics when I am at the pub). I have not found myself a suitable pipe knife yet so I usually resort to using whatever pocket knife that I have on hand to tamp and scrape my pipe bowl whilst smoking. I just so happened to have a Lambsfoot with me and I pulled it out to scrape the ash out of the bowl after my smoke and then I set it on the stonework by the fire. The knife caught the eye of a gentleman who came to sit near me and he asked if he could take a look at it. Being in somewhat of a pleasant mood, I handed him the knife and he proceeded to handle it in the unmistakable fashion that only a "knife guy" would.

I was surprised to meet up with someone who was a fellow knife enthusiast and a stranger and we enjoyed some pleasant conversation and, being the knife guys that we are, we never have only one knife on our person, so we embarked on a bit of show and tell while we conversed. A rather pleasant evening. He apparently has a presence here on the forums but stated he had not been on in awhile and I cannot recall seeing his handle anytime recently.

All in all, it was a great opportunity to discuss the merits of the venerable Lambsfoot with a relative stranger who is into knives.

b2ui1E7.jpg

I was at one of my favorite pubs last night and enjoyed a pint and a pipe sitting at the outdoor fire pit. (Sorry, no pictures. I tend to forget to snap pics when I am at the pub). I have not found myself a suitable pipe knife yet so I usually resort to using whatever pocket knife that I have on hand to tamp and scrape my pipe bowl whilst smoking. I just so happened to have a Lambsfoot with me and I pulled it out to scrape the ash out of the bowl after my smoke and then I set it on the stonework by the fire. The knife caught the eye of a gentleman who came to sit near me and he asked if he could take a look at it. Being in somewhat of a pleasant mood, I handed him the knife and he proceeded to handle it in the unmistakable fashion that only a "knife guy" would.

I was surprised to meet up with someone who was a fellow knife enthusiast and a stranger and we enjoyed some pleasant conversation and, being the knife guys that we are, we never have only one knife on our person, so we embarked on a bit of show and tell while we conversed. A rather pleasant evening. He apparently has a presence here on the forums but stated he had not been on in awhile and I cannot recall seeing his handle anytime recently.

All in all, it was a great opportunity to discuss the merits of the venerable Lambsfoot with a relative stranger who is into knives.

b2ui1E7.jpg

That sounds like a great evening Dylan :) Considering how things are in England these days, it still surprises me how often I get talking to someone who also has a folder in their pocket :) Remind me to set a pipe knife aside for you my friend :thumbsup:

Gorgeous knife, Paul! The horn and the file work really come together to make for a particularly stunning and unique knife. Very nice acquisition.

b2ui1E7.jpg

I love meeting knife guys out of the blue. It has only happened a couple of times for me, alas.

Two very good friends of mine have a young son I have known since he was born. He's eight this year, and has expressed an interest in having a penknife. His parents suggested he talk to me about it, and I am honoured to have been given permission to buy him his first knife. I have a Lambsfoot with a light pull, which I think will suit him, and me and his dad (who has had many knives from me) are planning a joint whittling session with the lad soon :)

- thank you, Dylan. Yes, it has come together pretty well......a wee bit of embellishment that isn't too OTT.

What a lovely story, really smashing encounter with a total stranger, wow :thumbsup::thumbsup: Hardly ever has anyone expressed an interest in any knife I've produced from my pocket......in some ways actually a good thing ;)

Very authoritative my friend! :D :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! :)

We should have a secret handshake! ;) :D :thumbsup:
Now that’s what I’m talking about! :D Or maybe a code word!! :eek:

Two very good friends of mine have a young son I have known since he was born. He's eight this year, and has expressed an interest in having a penknife. His parents suggested he talk to me about it, and I am honoured to have been given permission to buy him his first knife. I have a Lambsfoot with a light pull, which I think will suit him, and me and his dad (who has had many knives from me) are planning a joint whittling session with the lad soon :)
That’s great Jack! :thumbsup: I know you take that as a high honor and rightfully so! We may have to start referring to you as Mr. Ambassador! :thumbsup: ;) :D

Last edited:
That's one slick looking knife... Did it come from the factory like that?

Thank you !

I confess.......being most envious of some of the dazzling buffalo horn ones I've seen here, I phoned Wright & Sons and asked for an order when they next had some in, at the same time asking for some filework too.

It isn't quite the golden glow that Jack's holds and some others, but some very nice markings.

They called me up when it was ready, so very nice to chat with them and get some 1st hand interaction, makes the knife more...

Thank you !

I confess.......being most envious of some of the dazzling buffalo horn ones I've seen here, I phoned Wright & Sons and asked for an order when they next had some in, at the same time asking for some filework too.

It isn't quite the golden glow that Jack's holds and some others, but some very nice markings.

They called me up when it was ready, so very nice to chat with them and get some 1st hand interaction, makes the knife more...

How nice to be able to call the factory and request/interface like that.

- a cracker..! Presume this was the one you spoke of when we chatted earlier today..?

Thanks Jack! :confused:

Now that’s what I’m talking about! :D Or maybe a code word!! :eek:

That’s great Jack! :thumbsup: I know you take that as a high honor and rightfully so! We may have to start referring to you as Mr. Ambassador! :thumbsup: ;) :D

LOL! :D Yes, I am very pleased :) Hope I'll be able to give him a few more over the coming years :thumbsup: I gave my Goddaughter a small MOP-handled knife as a Christening present :)

Thank you !

Well I did have to commit to rather a lot of knives to get the Super-Duper horn! Thankfully they were well received by our fellow Guardians :thumbsup:

Fingers crossed, spring seems to have finally arrived in the north of England :) I'm heading down to my local market in the morning, then hoping to visit one of the local towns on the lookout for some pointy treasure ;) I'll be slipping my Guardians Lambsfoot in my pocket. Hope everyone is having a good week :thumbsup:

AWSFO 43-3.JPG

Back