Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Oh, and came home to a postal delivery notice in the mail... Something I was anxiously awaiting came in. I missed them, and I was good with that. Wasn't going to buy one. Then we went and hung out with Charlie and I got to handle one... Then the hunt was on. A few weeks back, a received a pm from our friend cudgee cudgee pointing me in the right direction. Worked out a fair trade, and it was on its way. Thank you for looking out cudgee :D

To make a long story short...

cJYuPKK.jpg

Oh, and came home to a postal delivery notice in the mail... Something I was anxiously awaiting came in. I missed them, and I was good with that. Wasn't going to buy one. Then we went and hung out with Charlie and I got to handle one... Then the hunt was on. A few weeks back, a received a pm from our friend cudgee cudgee pointing me in the right direction. Worked out a fair trade, and it was on its way. Thank you for looking out cudgee :D

cJYuPKK.jpg
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.🤝.

Unfortunately, you helped bring him back.

-Mel
:D :thumbsup:
Mom made Yorkshire pudding in a rectangular cake pan, usually glass. Great Aunt Edie used these broad shallow cup pans, and we probably bought these in London in 1967 and had them mailed home. That's how it was done back then.
Mom used these some, but I think in general it was less puff for more fuss.
rTsuyBH.jpg
Traditionally, Yorkshire pudding was made in big rectangular pans, I guess because that's what folks had. My mother sometimes used glass. I don't think I saw round pans like that before the late 60's Jer. In other parts of the country, small Yorkshire puddings were served as part of a Sunday roast, and that's generally how you see it today, but traditionally, it was served as a separate dish, with gravy, before the main meal. The old Yorkshire ranges got the oven nice and hot, and were great for making Yorkshire pudding :thumbsup:

property-graphics-_1092763a.jpg

Happy Monday Guardians!

Went hiking today. Around 15km out to a waterfall then up to a glacier and back. Was a fair bit of smoke from the fires, but while it hampered the views, it didn't hamper the fun ;)

Some lambsfoot glamour shots ;)

KEcTZJ1.jpg

42Q0eGr.jpg

And some nature glamour shots (will add more in Dan's thread)

2VrRExz.jpg

JqI3CiT.jpg

Sadly, the glacier has receded quite a bit. Used to come down to where we were standing.

JOqmAm3.jpg
Your photos are spectacular Mike, amazing scenery :cool: That's very sad about the glacier though :( I hope you had a great hike Mike, I think I'd have been dragging my jaw! :D :thumbsup:

cJYuPKK.jpg
Congratulations Mike, that's quite a catch :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I thought I'd pick my Lambsfoot randomly today, and I came up with this Ebony Lamb I picked up in 2014. Prior to that, I'd looked at so many badly-made contemporary Sheffield knives, that I was all but ready to give up on them. This knife had a centred blade, great ebony, and was all-round a very nicely-made knife for the price. I carried it a lot, and it's nice to have it back in my pocket today :) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

IfHUnf2.jpg

XZyoGUK.jpg

I had to go to the post office, so I thought I might grab a second breakfast ;) The cafe I was intending to go to was full though, so I had to go to the pub opposite, where the food isn't very good (this looks better than it tasted) :rolleyes:

qQMpavk.jpg

On the way back home, I spotted a new addition to the neighbourhood, in the form of this mural, all done with spray-paint by a local artist apparently. I ended up chatting to a bloke standing outside the barber's shop, and it turned out he owned the place. When the subject of the mural, Lucas Radebe, played for the local Leeds team, he used to get his hair cut there apparently :thumbsup:

JAx5DQf.jpg

5oml3oQ.jpg

Jack Jack Black Jack Black - I didn't see it mentioned above so, thought I'd mention here that a Bloke from Leeds won the Olympic Gold Medal for the Mountain Bike Racing event yesterday. Congrats to Britain.

Perhaps he was carrying one of these for luck.

View attachment 1608059
Thanks Ed, he definitely SHOULD have been carrying a Lambsfoot! :D :thumbsup:

Jack Jack Black Jack Black - I didn't see it mentioned above so, thought I'd mention here that a Bloke from Leeds won the Olympic Gold Medal for the Mountain Bike Racing event yesterday. Congrats to Britain.

Perhaps he was carrying one of these for luck.

View attachment 1608059
Also, one of the gold medal winning pair in synchronized diving. I know for a fact that he wasn't carrying a lambsfoot. ;)

Thanks Jack. So far so good. It's a great size, and the jigging in the bone is really cool!

Back