Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Happy Yorkshire Day!
This is an entry.
I shot these straight down so you wouldn't all despair at my superior rise.
g99OzuT.jpg

I will have to try a chip butty. I remember when I was a child and my grandmother make some french fries and bacon, I took some of each and put them on one slice of white bread, and folded it over like a taco. Best sandwich/taco ever!

Actually, I just finished a couple of breakfast tacos myself: one with potato, egg, and bacon, and one with bean and bacon. Some things never change.
Vince, the Chip Butty’s simplicity doesn’t communicate the delight it will command from your palate. You could even add a bit of Texas hot sauce to spice it up a bit.

After tea and toast (Yorkshire Tea and Leeds Bread Co-op Sourdough), I headed into town this morning, but was somewhat surprised by the lack of celebrating Yorkshire folk! 🤔

5pdAxG2.jpg

However, as I crossed the outdoor area of Leeds market, I spotted 3 individuals in flat-caps like my own, and wished them 'Happy Yorkshire Day!'. I was a little early to meet my girlfriend, and so sat down to check BF on my phone. I then noticed two of the people I had spoken to unfurling banners, while the third prepared to take a photograph. Feeling a need to document this celebration, I asked if I might take one too...

RidkDTi.jpg

Without any further introductions, I was immediately co-opted into the group, who it turned out were members of a local walking group, who were meeting up to celebrate Yorkshire Day. A few yards further on, there was the strange sight of an animatronic dinosaur. Over the past few years, when the kids are off school for the summer holidays, there've been a number of these in the city centre, some of which are very impressive. I'd seen this one the other day, but hadn't taken a close look at it. My first thought was that the cheap-skates of Leeds City Council were cutting costs, and making the creatures out of papier-mache this year! :rolleyes: It turned out that there had been a competition, and this was a Yorkshiresaurus designed by a local schoolgirl :)

Ti9Fn0b.jpg

W6KRHeE.jpg

I was pressed into service for a photo opportunity :D

8s07psY.jpg

My new friends took me off to see a mural, which a couple of young folks had just finished painting nearby.

KjXKXL0.jpg

After saying farewell, I headed off to meet Rachel, and we caught a bus to Kirkstall Abbey, the ruined Cistercian monastery we had failed to get into the other week :rolleyes:

6iVwkb7.jpg

f5r8lm7.jpg

CcEkbUw.jpg

1bzqEYp.jpg

g8mcRPL.jpg

0r3dsgA.jpg

zhqIsNk.jpg

(Some Lambsfoot content in that last one ;) )

We spent some time exploring the ruins of the ancient abbey, before walking through the woods, and along the River Aire, to our next destination, the Old Bridge Inn. The pub sits right next to the river, and is run by local Kirkstall Brewery, who make a great selection of ales :)

4Xh2sbx.jpg

REzkN0l.jpg

We had booked Sunday lunch in this lovely old pub, and it did not disappoint :)

ewBcEAv.jpg

wgoYjiN.jpg

ASFM3rb.jpg

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo of the beef wellington, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, roast parsnips, cabbage, carrots, broccoli, stuffing, and gravy before I ate it! :rolleyes:

k4ZOT5D.jpg

A good reason to get dessert ;) :D :thumbsup:

DxFTjjb.jpg

We decided to have some more drinks, sat outside by the river :)

yepBdKv.jpg

57IW1Dy.jpg

Cheers Guardians, Happy Yorkshire Day to you all, and thank you for making mine really special :) :thumbsup:

igqpW40.jpg

Returning home, we decided to watch a classic Yorkshire film - Kes :D

Dark & Stormys might not be the most Yorkshire of cocktails, but they describe the sort of weather we've been having recently! :D :thumbsup:

5h516SE.jpg

gC5FiuP.jpg

I do believe a Chip Butty would be grand however.... mom is on a no salt diet for the foreseeable future and in solidarity we all gave up salt. That decision was as welcomed as piranhas in a swimming pool but we are sticking to it. My wife and I are, my mother in law... well, I think she's got her own stash of salt but at her age she's earned the right to cheat. I will try one with bacon added to the fries, is that allowed?

After tea and toast (Yorkshire Tea and Leeds Bread Co-op Sourdough), I headed into town this morning, but was somewhat surprised by the lack of celebrating Yorkshire folk! 🤔

5pdAxG2.jpg

However, as I crossed the outdoor area of Leeds market, I spotted 3 individuals in flat-caps like my own, and wished them 'Happy Yorkshire Day!'. I was a little early to meet my girlfriend, and so sat down to check BF on my phone. I then noticed two of the people I had spoken to unfurling banners, while the third prepared to take a photograph. Feeling a need to document this celebration, I asked if I might take one too...

RidkDTi.jpg

Without any further introductions, I was immediately co-opted into the group, who it turned out were members of a local walking group, who were meeting up to celebrate Yorkshire Day. A few yards further on, there was the strange sight of an animatronic dinosaur. Over the past few years, when the kids are off school for the summer holidays, there've been a number of these in the city centre, some of which are very impressive. I'd seen this one the other day, but hadn't taken a close look at it. My first thought was that the cheap-skates of Leeds City Council were cutting costs, and making the creatures out of papier-mache this year! :rolleyes: It turned out that there had been a competition, and this was a Yorkshiresaurus designed by a local schoolgirl :)

Ti9Fn0b.jpg

W6KRHeE.jpg

8s07psY.jpg

My new friends took me off to see a mural, which a couple of young folks had just finished painting nearby.

KjXKXL0.jpg

After saying farewell, I headed off to meet Rachel, and we caught a bus to Kirkstall Abbey, the ruined Cistercian monastery we had failed to get into the other week :rolleyes:

6iVwkb7.jpg

f5r8lm7.jpg

CcEkbUw.jpg

1bzqEYp.jpg

g8mcRPL.jpg

0r3dsgA.jpg

zhqIsNk.jpg

A wonderful visual travel to Yorkshire, thanks Jack!!! :cool: :thumbsup:

I do believe a Chip Butty would be grand however.... mom is on a no salt diet for the foreseeable future and in solidarity we all gave up salt. That decision was as welcomed as piranhas in a swimming pool but we are sticking to it. My wife and I are, my mother in law... well, I think she's got her own stash of salt but at her age she's earned the right to cheat. I will try one with bacon added to the fries, is that allowed?
I think it would still be quite tasty without salt Ted :) You could always add some ketchup. Probably tasty with bacon, but sometimes less is more :thumbsup:
A wonderful visual travel to Yorkshire, thanks Jack!!! :cool: :thumbsup:
Thank you JJ :) :thumbsup:

5pdAxG2.jpg

RidkDTi.jpg

Ti9Fn0b.jpg

W6KRHeE.jpg

8s07psY.jpg

KjXKXL0.jpg

6iVwkb7.jpg

f5r8lm7.jpg

CcEkbUw.jpg

1bzqEYp.jpg

g8mcRPL.jpg

0r3dsgA.jpg

zhqIsNk.jpg

Awesome posts, Jack! Happy Yorkshire Day!
htsajb5.jpg

Well, I gave the chip butty a go this afternoon. Here’s how mine turned out. (I’m not sure if the sesame seed bun counts as a strike against me when it comes to authenticity, but they looked and felt like the best of the options I had available when picking up the necessary provisions.) 😉

Oc6bCw5.jpg

I buttered both buns liberally before I added the chips and then got the picture above, but I couldn’t dig in until I added several dashes of “the good stuff”…

3dAG5F8.jpg

Just kidding, Jack! 😉 Of course it was Henderson’s. 😁

r9uwbiv.jpg

In addition to my (mostly, I think) traditional chip butty, I decided to go for extra credit (or maybe disqualification 🤪) and make a more American (some might say bastardized) version. For that, I chose Arby’s curly fries. 😁

0YimlFA.jpg

Now I must admit that the thought briefly crossed my mind that to make it truly American, I could add some nacho cheese sauce, but I decided against it, and instead went with some Whataburger Spicy Ketchup.

cLLfVk8.jpg

The traditional chip butty was good, but I think the thing holding it back from true greatness was the “chips,” which were frozen steak fries that I baked in the oven. They were a bit dry, and not great if I’m being honest, and I’m now regretting not putting forth the full effort and trying to fry my own chips, which I think would’ve been a big improvement.

As for the Arby’s curly fry chip butty? Well, I’m not gonna lie… it was delicious! 😁😁

Oh, and don’t worry, I didn’t eat two chip butties all on my own. I had help. 😉 :thumbsup:

uicdkkV.jpg

As for the GAW, Jack, please count my entry for cudgee cudgee . Thanks, and Happy Yorkshire Day!!

Well, I gave the chip butty a go this afternoon. Here’s how mine turned out. (I’m not sure if the sesame seed bun counts as a strike against me when it comes to authenticity, but they looked and felt like the best of the options I had available when picking up the necessary provisions.) 😉

Oc6bCw5.jpg

I buttered both buns liberally before I added the chips and then got the picture above, but I couldn’t dig in until I added several dashes of “the good stuff”…

3dAG5F8.jpg
😳😳😳

r9uwbiv.jpg

In addition to my (mostly, I think) traditional chip butty, I decided to go for extra credit (or maybe disqualification 🤪) and make a more American (some might say bastardized) version. For that, I chose Arby’s curly fries. 😁

0YimlFA.jpg

Now I must admit that the thought briefly crossed my mind that to make it truly American, I could add some nacho cheese sauce, but I decided against it, and instead went with some Whataburger Spicy Ketchup.

cLLfVk8.jpg

The traditional chip butty was good, but I think the thing holding it back from true greatness was the “chips,” which were frozen steak fries that I baked in the oven. They were a bit dry, and not great if I’m being honest, and I’m now regretting not putting forth the full effort and trying to fry my own chips, which I think would’ve been a big improvement.

As for the Arby’s curly fry chip butty? Well, I’m not gonna lie… it was delicious! 😁😁

Oh, and don’t worry, I didn’t eat two chip butties all on my own. I had help. 😉 :thumbsup:

uicdkkV.jpg

As for the GAW, Jack, please count my entry for cudgee cudgee . Thanks, and Happy Yorkshire Day!!
LOL! :D Fantastic Barrett! :D I love that photo of Eleanor, it looks like you had a lot of fun :) I might have to try a curly fry chip butty some time! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Oc6bCw5.jpg

3dAG5F8.jpg

r9uwbiv.jpg

0YimlFA.jpg

cLLfVk8.jpg

uicdkkV.jpg

Sounds like the first one just needed more butter 😁

We spent some time exploring the ruins of the ancient abbey, before walking through the woods, and along the River Aire, to our next destination, the Old Bridge Inn. The pub sits right next to the river, and is run by local Kirkstall Brewery, who make a great selection of ales :)

4Xh2sbx.jpg

REzkN0l.jpg

ewBcEAv.jpg

wgoYjiN.jpg

ASFM3rb.jpg

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo of the beef wellington, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, roast parsnips, cabbage, carrots, broccoli, stuffing, and gravy before I ate it! :rolleyes:

k4ZOT5D.jpg

DxFTjjb.jpg

yepBdKv.jpg

57IW1Dy.jpg

Cheers Guardians, Happy Yorkshire Day to you all, and thank you for making mine really special :) :thumbsup:

igqpW40.jpg

Dark & Stormys might not be the most Yorkshire of cocktails, but they describe the sort of weather we've been having recently! :D :thumbsup:

5h516SE.jpg

gC5FiuP.jpg
I always love to see your pictures and stories Jack! Glad to see you are doing well my friend. Beautiful lambs foot by the way.

Oc6bCw5.jpg

3dAG5F8.jpg

r9uwbiv.jpg

0YimlFA.jpg

cLLfVk8.jpg

uicdkkV.jpg

Your unconventional chip butty needed Arby’s sauce. 😁

Well, we can't have Taylor tmd_87 tmd_87 being the only one posting a picture of their flock on Yorkshire Day so, I'll join him by posting a picture of my flock.

View attachment 1611506

Another rainy day here in North Florida. Happy Yorkshire Day everyone!
View attachment 1611508

Happy Yorkshire Day!
This is an entry.
I shot these straight down so you wouldn't all despair at my superior rise.
g99OzuT.jpg
Sorry for missing these posts earlier gents :( Happy Yorkshire Day :) Well done Jer :) :thumbsup:
I always love to see your pictures and stories Jack! Glad to see you are doing well my friend. Beautiful lambs foot be the way.
Thanks a lot buddy :) Happy Yorkshire Day :thumbsup:

4Xh2sbx.jpg

REzkN0l.jpg

ewBcEAv.jpg

wgoYjiN.jpg

ASFM3rb.jpg

k4ZOT5D.jpg

DxFTjjb.jpg

yepBdKv.jpg

57IW1Dy.jpg

igqpW40.jpg

5h516SE.jpg

gC5FiuP.jpg
CHEERS Jack!

Back