Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Better by the day!! Thanks Jack!!
That's good news my friend :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack Black Jack Black , that sure looks like a handy tool to have.
I think it'll earn it's keep Ted :D :thumbsup:
Will you blokes stop posting all these tools and gadgets. I am running out of money. :eek:
Anyway new week here, we will have lockdown extended, but i have enough supplies in the ice-box to make sure i don't go hungry.

Breakfast to start the week. The worcestershire sauce makes all the difference.
e5nMfwH.jpg
Sorry Leon! ;) Nice start to the week mate, you need some Henderson's Relish! :D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend. We seem to have lost summer again, and it's been down in the low 60's this past few days. Looks like being like that all week too :( Plenty to do indoors anyway ;) Have a good week Guardians :thumbsup:

ayzzF9l.jpg

That sounds great Todd, a little oil, flushing, and use makes for a much smoother pull, and opening a Lambsfoot is always a satisfying experience I think :) I love that bead BTW! :D :thumbsup:

For those who don't like a stiff pull, I just received a delivery ;) :D I'm not sure how on earth I found my way to this thread of Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley 's, but it's worth visiting just to admire Gary's great photography! One look, and I was sold! :D :thumbsup:

olECwuL.jpg

Wow, nice Jack, you got yourself one too :thumbsup::cool:

Mine should be arriving Wednesday ( me too, one look at Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley thread/photos and I was sold :cool: )

That's good news my friend :) :thumbsup:

I think it'll earn it's keep Ted :D :thumbsup:

Sorry Leon! ;) Nice start to the week mate, you need some Henderson's Relish! :D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend. We seem to have lost summer again, and it's been down in the low 60's this past few days. Looks like being like that all week too :( Plenty to do indoors anyway ;) Have a good week Guardians :thumbsup:

ayzzF9l.jpg
Was wondering what the date was when that catalog was published? LOL. Nice shot of the pile side of your HHB. Hope you have a warmer week.

Going for a stroll on the links today and maybe tomorrow too. I will put my HHB in the bag to sharpen the scoring pencil and maybe to bring me a little luck.
IMG_3145.JPG

Wow, nice Jack, you got yourself one too :thumbsup::cool:

Mine should be arriving Wednesday ( me too, one look at Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley thread/photos and I was sold :cool: )
Yeah, cool Dan :cool: I reckon that'll be worth it's weight in gold on your canal and river trips :cool: :thumbsup:
Need to get some patina going on this one. 😉👍 (thanks Ed)View attachment 1621051
You'll get some great colours on that polished blade when it starts to patina Todd :cool: :thumbsup:
Was wondering what the date was when that catalog was published? LOL. Nice shot of the pile side of your HHB. Hope you have a warmer week.

Going for a stroll on the links today and maybe tomorrow too. I will put my HHB in the bag to sharpen the scoring pencil and maybe to bring me a little luck.
View attachment 1621070
1962 Bill :D Thanks a lot buddy, that's a nice crisp pic, good luck on the links :) :thumbsup:

For those who don't like a stiff pull, I just received a delivery ;) :D I'm not sure how on earth I found my way to this thread of Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley 's, but it's worth visiting just to admire Gary's great photography! One look, and I was sold! :D :thumbsup:

olECwuL.jpg

Nice and they are a very handy item to have on hand!

G2
Welp...that's going on the wish list. You guys are a bad influence...

You guys are a bad influence...
Was just checking what was happening, nothing much else to do here,🤪, and noticed we had been booted off the front page, had to rectify that situation. Now you blokes, most of us here have an addiction issue, knives, sharpening stuff AND, AND tools. Now you have poor old Rachel on the lookout for the new gadget you guys posted, now cut it out, the bugs bunny is running out.:eek:🤣🤣🤣:thumbsup:

Welp...that's going on the wish list. You guys are a bad influence...
Sorry Rachel :D :thumbsup:
Was just checking what was happening, nothing much else to do here,🤪, and noticed we had been booted off the front page, had to rectify that situation. Now you blokes, most of us here have an addiction issue, knives, sharpening stuff AND, AND tools. Now you have poor old Rachel on the lookout for the new gadget you guys posted, now cut it out, the bugs bunny is running out.:eek:🤣🤣🤣:thumbsup:
Well saved Leon! ;) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, how's your week going so far? I waited in all day yesterday, for an electrician, who didn't show up 😡 Got to wait in again today :( Spotted my Bagpipe Big 'Un sitting all alone, and thought I'd drop it in my pocket today ;) Have a good one Guardians :thumbsup:

paO3VY0.jpg

Good morning Guardians and all. It hit me yesterday that I now am the oldest person in my various friend groups (ie golf, social, etc) and now when people see me and say "It's good to see you" I reply "It's good to be seen and not viewed"😁. My HHB will out live us all! 😁
IMG_3143.JPG

Good morning Guardians and all. It hit me yesterday that I now am the oldest person in my various friend groups (ie golf, social, etc) and now when people see me and say "It's good to see you" I reply "It's good to be seen and not viewed"😁. My HHB will out live us all! 😁
View attachment 1621754
It's been like that for me for a while Bill, and I can remember when I was the youngster! :D I think you might be right there my friend! :D ;) :Nice photo :thumbsup:

A75-AC4-C5-7339-4-D28-9-D12-C79-AE9822-B74.jpg

Well I finally picked up a lambfoot! It wasn’t the one I really wanted but for the price ($37 USD) I figured why not? Taylor’s Eye Witness in hardwood. Only issue I’ve found is that the back spring sits proud when closed but becomes flush when open 😂 I think this knife is going into my tool box as a user while I’m doing some home maintenance. Happy to have one in my collection now 😀

A75-AC4-C5-7339-4-D28-9-D12-C79-AE9822-B74.jpg

Well I finally picked up a lambfoot! It wasn’t the one I really wanted but for the price ($37 USD) I figured why not? Taylor’s Eye Witness in hardwood. Only issue I’ve found is that the back spring sits proud when closed but becomes flush when open 😂 I think this knife is going into my tool box as a user while I’m doing some home maintenance. Happy to have one in my collection now 😀
Sorry you couldn't get the one you wanted Steve, but at least you get to try out the pattern :) Welcome to the Guardians :thumbsup:
Out with me on a gloomy-looks-like-it's-going-to-rain-but-not-going-to day...a nice relief after the weekend heat wave...

KXaddom.jpg
Nice-looking pocket companion Ken :) Sounds like the sort of day we've had here :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

I think this model will serve well in the toolbox as a user. The spine of the blade is fairly thick and does taper down nicely on the grind to a nice sharp edge. Should make short work on the boxes, wire, string, tape, etc :) next up - a fancy rams horn one with a mirror finish to keep as an EDC 👍

I think this model will serve well in the toolbox as a user. The spine of the blade is fairly thick and does taper down nicely on the grind to a nice sharp edge. Should make short work on the boxes, wire, string, tape, etc :) next up - a fancy rams horn one with a mirror finish to keep as an EDC 👍
Definitely Steve :thumbsup: Those rams horn models look very attractive :thumbsup:
Interesting old ad, Jack. I have to say, though, that the “Texan boots” don’t look like any boots I’ve ever seen anyone wear in Texas. 😉😁
LOL! No, I guess not Barrett! :D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, it's quiet here, hope everyone is doing OK. Got my Hartshead Barllow back in my pocket today :thumbsup:

aR5R5hU.jpg

Definitely Steve :thumbsup: Those rams horn models look very attractive :thumbsup:

LOL! No, I guess not Barrett! :D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, it's quiet here, hope everyone is doing OK. Got my Hartshead Barllow back in my pocket today :thumbsup:

aR5R5hU.jpg
Very nice photo my friend. That stag is glorious. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians and all. Sunny start to what will eventually be a rainy ending I'm sure. Remnants of "Fred".:rolleyes: I have my HHB at the ready in my new home where I am still opening packages, boxes, etc.
IMG_3056.JPG

Back