Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

First post and new member in the forum :) . English not being my first language I hope I will make myself understood.
This thread inspired me to ad an A Wright & Sons as my new EDC. Thank you all!
Such a great pattern and size to carry in the bag during the day.
I always have a smaller pen knife in my coinpocket and something a little bit bigger in my messenger bag. There is something with a well built traditional
pocket knife that have always attracted me, and the Lambsfoot really fits the bill. I don´t know how to uppload pics from my computer yet, so no pic at this time.

First post and new member in the forum :) . English not being my first language I hope I will make myself understood.
I always have a smaller pen knife in my coinpocket and something a little bit bigger in my messenger bag. There is something with a well built traditional
pocket knife that have always attracted me, and the Lambsfoot really fits the bill. I don´t know how to uppload pics from my computer yet, so no pic at this time.
Welcome to Bladeforums, to the Traditional sub-forum, and to the Guardians thread! :) If you check out post 1 in this thread, there's a link that will hopefully prove helpful in terms of posting pics. Glad you're enjoying your Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

Very nice photo my friend. That stag is glorious. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians and all. Sunny start to what will eventually be a rainy ending I'm sure. Remnants of "Fred".:rolleyes: I have my HHB at the ready in my new home where I am still opening packages, boxes, etc.
View attachment 1622487
Many thanks Bill, great choice for the day there ;) :thumbsup:

I've had another busy day here in Grumbleland ;) The electrician I've been waiting on since Monday morning, finally turned up :rolleyes: After doing some house work, I went into the city centre to do some shopping, and had some nice Vietnamese pho while I was there :) More housework when I got in, as well as applying a coat of Briwax to the door frame I've been finishing, and rubbing it down. No trip to the market again tomorrow as I have agreed to look after my mate's 3 kids again. Got sausage rolls on the agenda, some slingshot practice, walking the dog, blackberry picking, and they've requested a classic sci-fi film - sorry you can't be with us JohnDF JohnDF ! :D My pal is picking me up before 8am, so if I don't get a chance to post in the morning, have a good Thursday Guardians :thumbsup:

tsx7KAm.jpg

I've had another busy day here in Grumbleland ;) The electrician I've been waiting on since Monday morning, finally turned up :rolleyes: After doing some house work, I went into the city centre to do some shopping, and had some nice Vietnamese pho while I was there :) More housework when I got in, as well as applying a coat of Briwax to the door frame I've been finishing, and rubbing it down. No trip to the market again tomorrow as I have agreed to look after my mate's 3 kids again. Got sausage rolls on the agenda, some slingshot practice, walking the dog, blackberry picking, and they've requested a classic sci-fi film - sorry you can't be with us JohnDF JohnDF ! :D My pal is picking me up before 8am, so if I don't get a chance to post in the morning, have a good Thursday Guardians :thumbsup:

tsx7KAm.jpg
Jack, the Time Machine is an all time classic; there is a newer version that isn't bad too. Galaxy Quest was a little to "Camp" for me but I watched it anyway. You HHB is looking good my friend.

Jack, the Time Machine is an all time classic; there is a newer version that isn't bad too. Galaxy Quest was a little to "Camp" for me but I watched it anyway. You HHB is looking good my friend.
Thanks Bill, I loved both the film and book as a kid :) I didn't really like the newer film version that much though. There's a few years between the kids, so I'm hoping I get it right, with no tears, nightmares, or cringing with embarrassment - for me, I'm sure the kids will be fine! :D ;) Hope you have a great day my friend :thumbsup:

Welcome to the Guardians, looking forward to seeing photos when you get to know how to upload them, trust me, if i can do it anyone can. :thumbsup: And English may not be your first language bit you appear to have a fine grasp of it. :)🤝

It is karma that post 1 has been mentioned. Sunday over here in lockdown and was getting bored, went back and read the Guardians thread from page 1 for something to do. Very interesting reading shame some of the photos are no longer available as an image. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :)

u8j4Tuk.jpg
That my friend is simply beautiful Horn.

A gift from an esteemed Porchenberger, this multinational, later JR Lambfoot is a wonderful knife!
With perfect walk and talk, Rattail Bolsters, two all-tangs-marked blades (in the old way!), South Asian Sambar Stag, well-installed in America, its genesis crosses continents!!View attachment 1620546View attachment 1620551View attachment 1620552View attachment 1620553
Thanks, Dave!!
Charlie, forgive the dim question here, so this later era Joseph Rodgers was rehandled in Stag or was this Factory?
Its a Beautiful looking Knife!

By Grabthar's Hammer... that Galaxy Quest is a great movie. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Apparently, there's the possibility of a series. Simon Pegg is involved :thumbsup:
I haven't posted in quite some time - I guess I've been occupied elsewhere, but here is my A. Wright ebony Lambfoot which seems to have been gathering patinaView attachment 1622965View attachment 1622966
Hope you're keeping well Ben, it looks like you've been enjoying your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, 7.00am here in Yorkshire, and I am just making a flying visit to wish everyone a great day :thumbsup:

cUe2H6E.jpg

Apparently, there's the possibility of a series. Simon Pegg is involved :thumbsup:

Hope you're keeping well Ben, it looks like you've been enjoying your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, 7.00am here in Yorkshire, and I am just making a flying visit to wish everyone a great day :thumbsup:

cUe2H6E.jpg
Scrumptious looking crumpets. 😜

Back