Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

How're you finding it Mike?

Wow Mike! I didn't realise your flock had grown so much :cool: Really nice photo mate :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack. Was a bit hesitant in placing the order due to other's recent experiences, but am pleasantly surprised with this one.

Overall F&F is acceptable and it came pretty sharp. The backspring is a hair low when closed at the curve below the pivot, but flush when open. Action is pretty decent with a firm but smooth pull. It took around 8-9 weeks before the shipping notice, so maybe they took a little extra time to make sure it was okay ;)

N9VuSu0.jpg

Thanks Jack. Was a bit hesitant in placing the order due to other's recent experiences, but am pleasantly surprised with this one.

Overall F&F is acceptable and it came pretty sharp. The backspring is a hair low when closed at the curve below the pivot, but flush when open. Action is pretty decent with a firm but smooth pull. It took around 8-9 weeks before the shipping notice, so maybe they took a little extra time to make sure it was okay ;)
Yeah, I can understand that, I wouldn't order from them again :thumbsdown: I'm glad that you got a hit rather than a miss though my friend :) :thumbsup:
Great to have you back Jer :) :thumbsup:
I need that on a t-shirt... that's good. 🤣 :thumbsup:
It's yours buddy! :D :thumbsup:

Had a nice walk with my mate, and his two young kids, with a pub lunch, and a couple of pints after ;)

URMSSrW.jpg

bYmulTo.jpg

We saw a couple of herds of deer, which pleased the kids :)

5HWvhDZ.jpg

My mate's lad, Cillian, did well to spot this wee frog, but I don't have CelloDan CelloDan 's Doctor Doolittle powers - nor his photographic skills for that matter! :D

e8dopsX.jpg

Hope everyone else has had a good day :thumbsup:

rY0lsCe.jpg

Well, the Yorkshire Day GAW box has arrived, and I am delighted. My one concern is that I don't know if we can trust Jack Black Jack Black anymore - the knife he posted in the GAW post is quite attractive, but it's actually much better looking in person - this is a beautiful knife! It makes me wonder if all of his other knife pictures are even better-looking in person. :D

This is going to get a lot of carry:
AWright.jpg

The box also contained a bunch of fun Yorkshire goodies. Maybe the coolest to share on this thread is this Guardians of the Lambsfoot pin:
GotL_Pin.jpg

And here's today's carry, as my wife and I enjoy an excellent pot of Yorkshire Tea, with our younger dog Whiskey watching in the background. (My wife's not a knife person, but she thinks the rest of the stuff in the box is fun - she asked me to thank you, too, Jack.):
LambsfootAndYorkshireTea.jpg

Thanks so much for your generosity!

-Tyson

Well, the Yorkshire Day GAW box has arrived, and I am delighted. My one concern is that I don't know if we can trust Jack Black Jack Black anymore - the knife he posted in the GAW post is quite attractive, but it's actually much better looking in person - this is a beautiful knife! It makes me wonder if all of his other knife pictures are even better-looking in person. :D

This is going to get a lot of carry:
AWright.jpg

The box also contained a bunch of fun Yorkshire goodies. Maybe the coolest to share on this thread is this Guardians of the Lambsfoot pin:
GotL_Pin.jpg

And here's today's carry, as my wife and I enjoy an excellent pot of Yorkshire Tea, with our younger dog Whiskey watching in the background. (My wife's not a knife person, but she thinks the rest of the stuff in the box is fun - she asked me to thank you, too, Jack.):
LambsfootAndYorkshireTea.jpg

Thanks so much for your generosity!

-Tyson
LOL! :D You make that Lambsfoot look GOOD Tyson! :D I'm glad my package made it across The Pond safe and sound, and I hope that you and your wife have fun with your Yorkshire goodies :) Welcome to the Guardians :) :thumbsup:

BLTs for dinner tonight. The Lambsfoot sliced right through those tomatoes. 😉👍View attachment 1626764
Nice patina forming on your Lambsfoot blade Todd, I hope you enjoyed your BLT :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, got some work to do in the garden today, no doubt some more blackberries to pick - I better learn to make jam or something, before I start looking like a crumble! :D Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

JE2ywGe.jpg

You can send some crumble my way !!!:p
I'd love to mate! :D :thumbsup:

I was supposed to be making a crumble to take to the market tomorrow, but I've just realised I've run out of plain flour. Hoping I get time to get to the shops later :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Ht5fvSK.jpg

I've had a pretty hard (and hot) day in the garden, I'm covered in nettle stings and bramble scars, but the day has flown! :D I came in at lunchtime to get a sausage sandwich, and the postie turned up with a package for me :)

Fixall Fixall had very thoughtfully sent me three vintage Lambsfoot knives :) :thumbsup:

32Cjjsz.jpg

The knives carry the makers marks of (from L to R) H.M. Slater (Venture), William Rodgers, and Herbert Robinson. Construction is a little different in each case.

8dtmEQJ.jpg

Here's a closer look at them:

H.M. Slater, with Bexoid covers.

GHkoRSc.jpg

q6ZVNA1.jpg

William Rodgers, with Horn covers.

FppCclu.jpg

7ZyVn1d.jpg

gd1tcM9.jpg

Herbert Robinson, with Jigged Bone covers, worn smooth with use.

m2TbYDt.jpg

ABMLUFh.jpg

EyG9GCw.jpg

I think maybe we knife users of today could (like r8shell r8shell ) learn a lot from some of those old knife owners, who bought the best knife they could afford, or perhaps received it as a gift or hand-me-down, and expected to use it for the rest of their days. I've seen plenty of Lambsfoot knives with considerably less blade than the Herbert Robinson, but those much-loved knives were clearly still in use :) Hoping to get some better pics of these vintage Sheffield Lambs soon. Thanks a lot for your kindness Fixall Fixall :thumbsup:

Back