Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Couple of things I found in the market yesterday :thumbsup:

YVwbMU0.jpg

Some of you might have already seen this...

:cool: :) :thumbsup:

Wishing everyone a great weekend :) I'm off out for a walk tomorrow, and will have my Hartshead Barlow with me again :) It's a 3 day (Bank Holiday) weekend here in England. The area where I live is host to Europe's oldest West Indian Carnival, and while no actual carnival parade has taken place since 2019, the local residents will be celebrating - without the tourists! :D I expect there'll be some booziness over the weekend ;) :thumbsup:

x2mEee3.jpg

VU1i6Zm.jpg

Very happy Kiwi here! :D :thumbsup:

I just got up from my Garage, and I spent probably 3/4 of an Hour working on my Lambsfoot following Chins advice, I went straight for the squared edge on the kick that is my area of concern when I am trying to open the Knife.
I had a few goes at taking the edge back with a very small fine/File - using the edge of the File, several attempts later I was able to pinch the Knife open, had a few more goes and I can open the knife now - 10 out of 10 times without failure, its still a stout pull, but I can open the knife every time, maybe after my first full week of EDCing this Knife putting it through the paces I may revisit the work bench - maybe not, but I am SUPER Stoked about this now confidently being slipped into the pocket.

Jack Thank you my friend, and to Chin Thank you.

Very happy Kiwi here! :D :thumbsup:

I just got up from my Garage, and I spent probably 3/4 of an Hour working on my Lambsfoot following Chins advice, I went straight for the squared edge on the kick that is my area of concern when I am trying to open the Knife.
I had a few goes at taking the edge back with a very small fine/File - using the edge of the File, several attempts later I was able to pinch the Knife open, had a few more goes and I can open the knife now - 10 out of 10 times without failure, its still a stout pull, but I can open the knife every time, maybe after my first full week of EDCing this Knife putting it through the paces I may revisit the work bench - maybe not, but I am SUPER Stoked about this now confidently being slipped into the pocket.

Jack Thank you my friend, and to Chin Thank you.
Great news Duncan, hopefully it'll continue to be more to your liking with use my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, beautiful day here, and I'm enjoying my walk. Have a great day everyone 👍

Thank you sir. This one is destined to become a user. Just the right size and razor sharp. Now it’s time for the family to grow some more. Hoping to find a couple of vintage ones. I figure this is the place to ask for ideas since you all have forgotten more about these wonderful knives than I’ll ever know. 😃
Looking good, congrats! I have one of them too (Rodgers) and they are perfect, blade stays sharp for a good long time.

Thank you for the beautiful pictures Jack Black Jack Black , my wife loves the butterfly picture and the pint picture has both of us salivating. Glad to see you had a wonderful day.
Thanks for the kind words Ted, I think I got lucky with that butterfly pic, as I was zooming in a long way with my simple camera :) :thumbsup:

A0my3hk.jpg

Thank you sir. This one is destined to become a user. Just the right size and razor sharp. Now it’s time for the family to grow some more. Hoping to find a couple of vintage ones. I figure this is the place to ask for ideas since you all have forgotten more about these wonderful knives than I’ll ever know. 😃

Looking good, congrats! I have one of them too (Rodgers) and they are perfect, blade stays sharp for a good long time.
Glad to hear good reports of those Eggington Joseph Rodgers models :thumbsup: Good luck in finding a couple of vintage ones sf fanatic sf fanatic :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone is having a nice weekend :) After my hike yesterday, I slept like a tot last night! :D Hoping the sun is going to come out at some point again today ;) Thought I'd carry my AC :) Enjoy your Sunday Guardians :thumbsup:

DzyHXS6.jpg

Back