Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Blimey, lot of steaks there! :eek: This feller looks tiny by comparison, but he wasn't a welcome sight squarely blocking the public footpath! :eek: ;)

rYrS9F9.jpg

aLAgimj.jpg

Congratulations on the new addition :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, it's another day of good weather here, before things are set to change tomorrow, and for the weekend :rolleyes: I've got a problem with my knee, which is making walking difficult, but I'm going to try to get some of the sunshine :) Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

tG4QbVc.jpg
Take care of that knee Jack. Your HHB is looking very fit! :thumbsup:

Take care of that knee Jack. Your HHB is looking very fit! :thumbsup:
Thanks Bill, I'm not sure what is up with my knee, I was having to use a cane to get about the house last night! I definitely reckon the Hartshead Barlow is in better shape than I am! :D :thumbsup:

It's been beautiful weather these past 3 days, but today is the first day I've been free. If it hadn't have been for my injured knee, I'd have gone for a walk, but I definitely wanted to enjoy the sunshine, so I hobbled as far as the Sicilian Cafe I've been going to...

INe5S9U.jpg

Then, after stopping off to buy some bread, I caught a bus to one of my favourite country pubs...

pH0a9Xf.jpg

5WzxbkF.jpg

I had a pint, ate some lunch, read my book, and admired the view :thumbsup:

iJGTSWu.jpg

1SYaAxQ.jpg

Thanks David. I had to wear hearing protection because the roar from the cars is so loud. It literally rumbles through the entire grand stand. I want to say that the race lasted about 5 hours (with all the recks and delays). Yes, it's a spectacle, but I'm not sure that I want to do it again. Tickets were $85 and parking was $40. There were four of us. I took this photo of my friends:
View attachment 1635053
Fortunately I was able to keep this in my pocket through security.
View attachment 1635054
Sounds like good value for money and a great day. I've only ever seen NASCAR on telly and can only imagine how loud it is in the flesh. Your brave risking your lambsfoot like that. If I tried to take one into a sports stadium over here I'd have a SWAT team land on my head.

Maybe! :D I put some flat-bands on mine, but it's still my worst catapult! :D

ghYilzN.jpg

That's a good price mate, thanks for the link :) I am pretty well-stocked up already though :thumbsup:
Yip, I've seen some fancy slingshots on here. I guess a Milbro just can't compare to them really.

Walk last night.
k69t7SV.jpg

Pint today.
2zEY70Y.jpg

Yip, I've seen some fancy slingshots on here. I guess a Milbro just can't compare to them really.

Walk last night.
k69t7SV.jpg

Pint today.
2zEY70Y.jpg
I loved my Milbro as a kid, but it"s very flat, and 2-dimensional, and I have big hands, now that I've grown up! :D I'd rather have one carved out of a tree-fork than a Milbro. Check out the Sparrow David, the Sheffield boys sell them for £20, a very simple design that works :thumbsup:

6LJ7e5L.jpg

Cool pics David, I hope you enjoyed your pint mate :thumbsup:

It's been beautiful weather these past 3 days, but today is the first day I've been free. If it hadn't have been for my injured knee, I'd have gone for a walk, but I definitely wanted to enjoy the sunshine, so I hobbled as far as the Sicilian Cafe I've been going to...

INe5S9U.jpg

Then, after stopping off to buy some bread, I caught a bus to one of my favourite country pubs...

pH0a9Xf.jpg

5WzxbkF.jpg

I had a pint, ate some lunch, read my book, and admired the view :thumbsup:

iJGTSWu.jpg

1SYaAxQ.jpg
Looks like you had quite a marvelous time, even with the painful knee (I know that one...); Very cool photos and I must say that is one classy looking pub, cheers! :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looks like you had quite a marvelous time, even with the painful knee (I know that one...); Very cool photos and I must say that is one classy looking pub, cheers! :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you my friend, it was certainly a lot more fun than waiting in for a plumber (like I did the other day)! :D The pub is an old coaching Inn, dating back to 1801 :thumbsup:
Having a "Double Lamb" wooden cover day, today. :)
Great choices for the day JJ :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, just a quick post on my phone, but I hope you all have a good day :thumbsup:

An old soldier! :) :thumbsup:

My mate was making money hand over fist on his tool-stall today, I had a falafel sandwich and a pecan brownie, we had a good crack generally, and the weather was much better than the forecast predicted :) Got some wine, and nice food lined up, to finish off season one of The Sopranos this evening. Hope you've all had a good day too :) Re-posting this pic for my friend JohnDF JohnDF , who prefers off-world to underworld :D ;) :thumbsup:

mNA0uiA.jpg

Back