Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

An old soldier! :) :thumbsup:

My mate was making money hand over fist on his tool-stall today, I had a falafel sandwich and a pecan brownie, we had a good crack generally, and the weather was much better than the forecast predicted :) Got some wine, and nice food lined up, to finish off season one of The Sopranos this evening. Hope you've all had a good day too :) Re-posting this pic for my friend @JohnDF , who prefers off-world to underworld :D ;) :thumbsup:

mNA0uiA.jpg

Live long and prosper Jack!:) Your HHB looks out of this world - LOL;)

Today wasn't so nice to start off - got rained out of golf after 9 holes but later in the afternoon the sun came out. I'll take it!. Decided to bring out my HHB and plop it in my pocket.
IMG_3089.JPG

Sounds like good value for money and a great day. I've only ever seen NASCAR on telly and can only imagine how loud it is in the flesh. Your brave risking your lambsfoot like that. If I tried to take one into a sports stadium over here I'd have a SWAT team land on my head.

Yip, I've seen some fancy slingshots on here. I guess a Milbro just can't compare to them really.

Walk last night.
k69t7SV.jpg

Pint today.
2zEY70Y.jpg
Hi David, Actually I forgot that it was in my pocket and security didn't ask me to empty my pockets. Got lucky on that one for sure.

This has been going to school with me since I received it several days ago 😃.
Yes, that is my KN95 on the right. Get to take it off when the kiddos aren’t in the room.
View attachment 1636969
:) :thumbsup:
Live long and prosper Jack!:) Your HHB looks out of this world - LOL;)

Today wasn't so nice to start off - got rained out of golf after 9 holes but later in the afternoon the sun came out. I'll take it!. Decided to bring out my HHB and plop it in my pocket.
View attachment 1637065
Thanks Bill :D Sorry to hear about the weather yesterday :( Your Hartshead Barlow is looking fine and sunny though ;) :thumbsup:
Hi David, Actually I forgot that it was in my pocket and security didn't ask me to empty my pockets. Got lucky on that one for sure.
:eek: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone has made it through the week OK. Bagpipe Big 'Un for me today! :D Have a good Friday, and an even better weekend :thumbsup:

4t3494D.jpg

Good morning, Guardians. I hope you all are keeping well. It's been a very busy summer and nothing pleases me more than to feel it starting to wind down.

I have got my Hartshead keeping me company today.

BWiXTX8.jpg
It's good to see you here Dylan, and hope to see more of you soon my friend :) Nice carry there ;) :thumbsup:

I went out for the evening, at the invitation of a couple of old neighbours, who turned up to the dump they'd insisted on meeting at, 45 minutes late 🤨 Sitting in a rotten pub on my own, surrounded by drunken students, in fancy dress, turned out to be the better part of the evening 😠 Long journey back, from the other side of town, with my AC, which I dropped in my pocket before going out :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

cHR4tqU.jpg

I went out for the evening, at the invitation of a couple of old neighbours, who turned up to the dump they'd insisted on meeting at, 45 minutes late 🤨 Sitting in a rotten pub on my own, surrounded by drunken students, in fancy dress, turned out to be the better part of the evening 😠 Long journey back, from the other side of town, with my AC, which I dropped in my pocket before going out :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

cHR4tqU.jpg
Commiserations on the lousy evening, and howdy to my putative cousin Gee.
xvLWS8J.jpg

Last edited:
A new member to my little flock, it looks a little bedraggled and it has a rather poor repair to one of the scales but I have hope it will clean up fairly nicely.
That's really nice Ted, congratulations :cool: Does it have a maker's name on the tang? I'd love to see more pics :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, welcome to the weekend! The weather is a bit miserable here today. Got a few things to do in the house, but I think a 'Full English' might be on the cards for this morning ;) Have a great weekend Guardians :thumbsup:

ILYWdyt.jpg

cHR4tqU.jpg
Sorry to hear about the lousy evening.:thumbsdown: One thing is sure - your Lambsfoot knives never get drunk and rowdy - LOL :D

Speaking of that I have my Ebony in the ole pocket today:thumbsup: - I think I will go down to the barber and get a few hairs cut - a little scruffy but sharp scissors will cure that.;)IMG_2771.JPG

I loved my Milbro as a kid, but it"s very flat, and 2-dimensional, and I have big hands, now that I've grown up! :D I'd rather have one carved out of a tree-fork than a Milbro. Check out the Sparrow David, the Sheffield boys sell them for £20, a very simple design that works :thumbsup:

View attachment 1636430

Cool pics David, I hope you enjoyed your pint mate :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack I did. I've got a list of pubs and brewery taps to visit in the north west before they all get shut again.
That Sparrow looks handy; I was thinking myself of carving a wooden slingshot but with summer being so busy it's just one more thing thats slipped past. Maybe a project for the autumn...
I hope your knees improving.

The ovine gods must of been smiling on you that day :thumbsup:

The pics a couple of weeks old.
eSVPNaL.jpg

Here's hoping everyone's weekend is calm and relaxing.

Back