Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Sorry guys, it went down too fast!
Didn't you listen to your mother when she told you to chew your food.!!!

Here you may need these if you keep that up. :eek: 🤣🤣🤣

u88OnAS.jpg

The action is pretty smooth now with nice wall and talk. I never did see anything pop out but something must have at some point, the spring sunk just a hair below the liners whereas before it was flush. Who knows. 🤔
I'm just glad it's still tight with no wobble and kept its centering. Besides the horrendous action it was great, perfectly center with only a tiny gap in the liners. With the action much improved it's about as near to perfect as I'd expect a run of the mill knife from A Wright & Sons to get.
That's good to hear, they often come with all sorts of gunk in there. Look forward to seeing more of it :) :thumbsup:
Didn't you listen to your mother when she told you to chew your food.!!!

Here you may need these if you keep that up. :eek: 🤣🤣🤣

u88OnAS.jpg
I drink it by the pint mate! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, here we go with another week! Have a good one everyone :thumbsup:

oT0HlQ0.png

Thanks a lot Bill, it got worse! o_O Thankfully not, though Lucy has had her moments! :eek: ;) Enjoy your haircut :) Great pic :thumbsup:

Very cool Jer :cool: :thumbsup:

Yeah, I can see that coming David, place I went to last night (very briefly) was absolutely rammed! :rolleyes: Hope you get to some of those good places :) Go for it, with the slingshot, makes a lot of sense :cool: Here's one (below), I made for my pal's wee lad a few months back :) Thanks mate, hoping to avoid going to the hospital with my knee if I can :) Nice pic :thumbsup:

SX4ESXO.jpg
Haha more likely the hospitals will avoid you. :) Stay out the places; you'll go in with a dicky knee and before you know it, you'll of been DNAR'ed, drugged to the eyeballs and will only leave the place feet first. ;)
Thanks for the photo; I was wondering how symmetrical the limbs have to be. That gives me a good idea. :thumbsup:

According to Geoff Tweedale, Edwin Blyde's earlier trade catalogues claimed the firm was established in 1794, but 20th century letterheads stated 1854. Bearing in mind that Mr Blyde was born in 1843, the latter date seems more accurate ;) Edwin Blyde had a reputation as a 'wheeler-dealer', and had a somewhat complex business history, with numerous partnerships, changes of address, and a legal case after he supplied cutlery marked 'Mappin & Sons' to a London retailer. He died in 1914, having sold his business to Walter Trickett two years previously. Blyde's was still operating in 1980, with Trickett's old Anglo Works, still standing in Sheffield city centre, having been renovated, and turned into a bar :thumbsup:

6QKUD3J.jpg

6emNelq.jpg

qSzIiXF.jpg
I bought a small fruit knife for a friend about 10 years ago marked Edwin Blyde. I'm assuming it's another brand owned by Eggington's.

Well found my old Trangia set up yesterday.
XXa2ATN.jpg

Monday greetings everyone. Wishing you all well for the week ahead. :thumbsup:

Haha more likely the hospitals will avoid you. :) Stay out the places; you'll go in with a dicky knee and before you know it, you'll of been DNAR'ed, drugged to the eyeballs and will only leave the place feet first. ;)
Morning mate, thanks for an optimistic start to the week! :D The arthritis in my thumb is bad today after all that catapult shooting yesterday! :rolleyes: ;)
Thanks for the photo; I was wondering how symmetrical the limbs have to be. That gives me a good idea. :thumbsup:
As symmetrical as possible David :thumbsup: I only really look for suitable forks casually, when I'm out, but they seem to be less common than I would have imagined. Here's a couple of others I did a while back :thumbsup:

aoI02RY.jpg

I bought a small fruit knife for a friend about 10 years ago marked Edwin Blyde. I'm assuming it's another brand owned by Eggington's.
From what I recall, Trickett's still owned Blyde's well into the late 20th century. After they called it a day, the name was picked up by another firm, Chino Holdings if I recall correctly :thumbsup:
Well found my old Trangia set up yesterday.
XXa2ATN.jpg

Monday greetings everyone. Wishing you all well for the week ahead. :thumbsup:
Cool photo David, hope you have a good weekend my friend :) :thumbsup:

Morning mate, thanks for an optimistic start to the week! :D The arthritis in my thumb is bad today after all that catapult shooting yesterday! :rolleyes: ;)

As symmetrical as possible David :thumbsup: I only really look for suitable forks casually, when I'm out, but they seem to be less common than I would have imagined. Here's a couple of others I did a while back :thumbsup:

aoI02RY.jpg

From what I recall, Trickett's still owned Blyde's well into the late 20th century. After they called it a day, the name was picked up by another firm, Chino Holdings if I recall correctly :thumbsup:

Cool photo David, hope you have a good weekend my friend :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack, it's got to better than yesterday. The weather doesn't normally affect my mood but yesterday it was just, what I called a 'flat' day. No sun, no wind, mild, completely still and quiet. A sort of 'lambsfoot didn't leave my pocket' day. :confused:

Have you tried cider apple vinegar for that thumb of yours? A shot of it three times a day, diluted of course, is meant to work wonders for arthritis. :thumbsup:

Do your cure the forks at all or do you just use them straight off?

And Chino Holdings doesn't sound local does it. :)

Hope you have a nice Monday.

Thanks Jack, it's got to better than yesterday. The weather doesn't normally affect my mood but yesterday it was just, what I called a 'flat' day. No sun, no wind, mild, completely still and quiet. A sort of 'lambsfoot didn't leave my pocket' day. :confused:

Have you tried cider apple vinegar for that thumb of yours? A shot of it three times a day, diluted of course, is meant to work wonders for arthritis. :thumbsup:

Do your cure the forks at all or do you just use them straight off?

And Chino Holdings doesn't sound local does it. :)

Hope you have a nice Monday.
That's the sort of weather we've got over here today David :(

I remember watching a couple of YouTube videos about apple cider vinegar a couple of years back, but not in relation to arthritis. I have it in all of my joints now, and was thinking, when I woke up, that I must do some research, so thanks for the tip. Maybe it's even something I could make? :thumbsup:

It's worth seasoning the wood if you can I reckon. I applied some coats of oil, but that was it it I think. The one I showed yesterday was made for my pal's little lad. We found the fork out at Harewood Castle, and I said I'd make him one. He uses it a lot, and had it with him yesterday, and it seems to be holding up OK. There's loads of videos online about making them :thumbsup:

LOL! :D I just checked, and it's actually Chimo Holdings! :D Looks like the usual BS on their site! :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, you too :) :thumbsup:

That's the sort of weather we've got over here today David :(

I remember watching a couple of YouTube videos about apple cider vinegar a couple of years back, but not in relation to arthritis. I have it in all of my joints now, and was thinking, when I woke up, that I must do some research, so thanks for the tip. Maybe it's even something I could make? :thumbsup:

It's worth seasoning the wood if you can I reckon. I applied some coats of oil, but that was it it I think. The one I showed yesterday was made for my pal's little lad. We found the fork out at Harewood Castle, and I said I'd make him one. He uses it a lot, and had it with him yesterday, and it seems to be holding up OK. There's loads of videos online about making them :thumbsup:

LOL! :D I just checked, and it's actually Chimo Holdings! :D Looks like the usual BS on their site! :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, you too :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack I'll take a look at Chimo Holdings. After all, I've not got enough bs in my life :rolleyes: 😂

Yeah, I remember the cider apple vinegar from a report published by one of the elderly charities here in the UK a good few years ago now. Apparently the explorer Ranulph Fiennes swears by the stuff.

Great, when I'm out I'll start looking out for a decent fork somewhere. I'm hoping to start doing more walks as I've had enough of cycling.

Thanks Jack I'll take a look at Chimo Holdings. After all, I've not got enough bs in my life :rolleyes: 😂

Yeah, I remember the cider apple vinegar from a report published by one of the elderly charities here in the UK a good few years ago now. Apparently the explorer Ranulph Fiennes swears by the stuff.

Great, when I'm out I'll start looking out for a decent fork somewhere. I'm hoping to start doing more walks as I've had enough of cycling.
LOL! :D Ranulph Fiennes is crackers, but I'm grateful for the tip my friend :) Good luck in finding a suitable fork :thumbsup:
For all the health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar, if taken regularly it must be diluted, can have serious side effects taken over a period of time undiluted:eek: as stated by David.
Thanks Leon :) :thumbsup:

It's actually quite cool here today, took me a little by surprise when I went out. I had to go to the post office, and a friend who lives close to me, is working from home today, so we managed to fit in coffee and a sandwich between his meetings :)

I have to start making my own bread. My favorite wholesome health bread turns out to be chock full of salt.
pmD3ZaM.jpg
I can get hold of good wholesome bread easily enough, but I really should start making my own bread again :rolleyes: Maybe when CelloDan CelloDan opens his foster home for the bread-hungry and cake-needy, he'll take you in too Jer! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Cool pic my friend :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Bill, it got worse! o_O Thankfully not, though Lucy has had her moments! :eek: ;) Enjoy your haircut :) Great pic :thumbsup:

Very cool Jer :cool: :thumbsup:

Yeah, I can see that coming David, place I went to last night (very briefly) was absolutely rammed! :rolleyes: Hope you get to some of those good places :) Go for it, with the slingshot, makes a lot of sense :cool: Here's one (below), I made for my pal's wee lad a few months back :) Thanks mate, hoping to avoid going to the hospital with my knee if I can :) Nice pic :thumbsup:

SX4ESXO.jpg

John, that photo is absolutely FANTASTIC! :cool: :thumbsup:

My Hartshead Barlow has been cutting up a lot of cardboard today, so I gave it a strop :thumbsup:

l3tjw7I.jpg

That's good to hear, they often come with all sorts of gunk in there. Look forward to seeing more of it :) :thumbsup:

I drink it by the pint mate! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, here we go with another week! Have a good one everyone :thumbsup:

oT0HlQ0.png

Trying to play catch up today Jack.:rolleyes: I enjoyed your photos of the sling shots and your fancy Lambsfoot knife with the Damascus steel but your breakfast with the baked beans is getting to me.o_O LOL. I still favor you HHB in stag - I'm a bit biased I guess. ;)

Got my HHB with me on this fine sunny day :thumbsup:- heading off to the links tomorrow to chase the little white ball around the countryside.:cool: Re-cycled photo
IMG_3015.JPG

Trying to play catch up today Jack.:rolleyes: I enjoyed your photos of the sling shots and your fancy Lambsfoot knife with the Damascus steel but your breakfast with the baked beans is getting to me.o_O LOL. I still favor you HHB in stag - I'm a bit biased I guess. ;)

Got my HHB with me on this fine sunny day :thumbsup:- heading off to the links tomorrow to chase the little white ball around the countryside.:cool: Re-cycled photo
View attachment 1639445
Thanks Bill, who'd have thought that the humble baked bean would cause a Transatlantic divide! :D Your Hartshead Barlow is a great choice for any activity, hope you have a great time tomorrow :) Summer, such as it was, definitely seems to be over for us here, with heavy rain forecast for tomorrow :( I might have to cheer myself up with some beans on toast! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Back