Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Sorry Ken! :D Fantastic work on your deck, and a great pic of your Hartshead Barlow too :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Dan :) You have had an adventurous year my friend, and it's been a real treat to share some of those adventures with you through your wonderful posts :) Those 3 loaves look incredible Dan, and a wonderful back-drop to your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, much cooler weather here this week, and it's raining today. I don't have much work on at the moment, but I'm sure some will find me :rolleyes: Thought I'd carry my Charlie Lamb today :) Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

RRg8cGh.jpg

Thanks JJ, sounds like a great place to eat :) :thumbsup:

Bon appetit Ted! :) :thumbsup:

Aha! Thanks Leon, I came across Perc Galea, but couldn't find a reference to the rhyming slang, great way to be immortalised :) The names traditionally associated with the London rhyming slang probably mean very little to most folks these days, eg Joe Baksi (taxi) or Ruby Murray (curry) :D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone in our thinning ranks is keeping well :thumbsup: Miserable midweek day here, carrying my Hartshead Barlow to brighten my day ;) Have a good one folks :thumbsup:

uZzXTeq.jpg
Charlie Lamb is one fine knife. Your HHB would brighten anyones day for sure. :thumbsup:Hope your weather breaks for fairer skies.:cool: Unfortunately for me I am off to the dentist this morning.o_O Got my bagpipe ebony with me.

IMG_2746.JPG

Charlie Lamb is one fine knife. Your HHB would brighten anyones day for sure. :thumbsup:Hope your weather breaks for fairer skies.:cool: Unfortunately for me I am off to the dentist this morning.o_O Got my bagpipe ebony with me.

View attachment 1640383
Thanks a lot Bill, your bagpipe ebony Lamb is looking swell :) The day actually brightened up considerably here, so I've just nipped out for a stroll, and a coffee :) Good luck at the dentist my friend, I need to go myself :thumbsup:

Looking forward to my weekly trip to the market tomorrow. Last week, just as I was leaving, I spotted two oil lamps. The larger one was a Feuerhand, of the same size I already have. I bought the smaller lantern, thinking it was also made by the German company. Should have put my specs on! 😖 🤨

zNZWtOO.jpg

The Lambsfoot is the Big Bex I cleaned up and sharpened recently, so it's going on its maiden voyage tomorrow ;) :thumbsup:

Just nipped out to a local rail station to catch a steam loco passing through, but the platform was to short so it sailed past and stopped about 50 yards away.:rolleyes:
'Tornado' was built about 15 years ago and is a reproduction of an A1 Peppercorn class loco.
HMieXt9.jpg

A better picture from her inaugural run in 2007. Hopefully I'll catch her on her return journey tonight.
hAh5twy.jpg

www.a1steam.com

Recycling a pic today.
jbE5tkV.jpg

Waynorth 93 lambfoot recovered by Javi Garcia in Desert Iron wood burl.
I purchased this one off the guy that had it commissioned. As soon as I saw the colours and flow in the timber it reminded me of my dog Loki who I had to have put down only a few months prior. Very special.View attachment 1640967

Welcome to the Guardians Barnstormer_87 Barnstormer_87 :thumbsup: I'm very sorry about the loss of your pal Loki, he's a beautiful dog, and was once full of mischief I'm sure. That's certainly a very special Lambsfoot knife, and a nice memento :thumbsup:
Just nipped out to a local rail station to catch a steam loco passing through, but the platform was to short so it sailed past and stopped about 50 yards away.:rolleyes:
'Tornado' was built about 15 years ago and is a reproduction of an A1 Peppercorn class loco.
HMieXt9.jpg

A better picture from her inaugural run in 2007. Hopefully I'll catch her on her return journey tonight.
hAh5twy.jpg

www.a1steam.com

Recycling a pic today.
jbE5tkV.jpg
What a treat David! :cool: Hope you catch her on the return trip :) Great pic of your Hartshead Barlow mate :thumbsup:

I was out early this morning, but came home from the market early to help a neighbour out with something. I missed cake unfortunately, but I did pick up a scone to have with my afternoon cuppa ;) Big Bex enjoyed his first trip to the market :thumbsup:

baC1t43.jpg

Back