Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I spent some time cleaning it up,it cuts well now.
I took it out on my motorbike in the beautiful English countryside.
I was treated to 2 Apaches I expect from Middle Wallop on a training exercase you can just see one in a photo.

it is a Tailors eye witness vintage?

Fantastic photos! :thumbsup:

Barrett - that is a sweet looking setup! May I ask who makes that Pirate Bead or where you obtained it? I'm kind of obsessing over it now..

Sorry to disappoint, but that was all just some photoshop fun. No idea where that bead came from (other than Google Images). 😁

Those look like excellent boots, David. Seems like full leather hiking boots are rare these days. I bought my current pair maybe 10 years ago, and while they’ve got plenty of life left in ‘em, I was dreading the day when I’d eventually have to replace them. Thankfully I was poking around online a while back and found an outdoor shop with the same pair (they had recently been discontinued) in my size, so now I have a backup pair waiting in the closet. 🙂
Thanks Barrett. For some reason I've never been a fan of fabric boots despite the fact their probably a good deal lighter than leather ones. I don't think Altberg make fabric either and as it was the fit that sold me on them then leather boots it was. The only downside is I use them for winter walks. Here in the UK our snow is wet claggy stuff so the leather tends to get saturated regardless of the oiling I give them.

I spent some time cleaning it up,it cuts well now.
I took it out on my motorbike in the beautiful English countryside.
I was treated to 2 Apaches I expect from Middle Wallop on a training exercase you can just see one in a photo.

it is a Tailors eye witness vintage?

Great pics of a handsome knife, thanks for posting.

Last night was my first, and I'm sure my last beer festival this year.
9glbzkC.jpg

fcETqyk.jpg

yuZm37z.jpg

I hope everyone has a nice weekend planned. :thumbsup:

As I have said before you all got me hooked. Just picked this up on the Bay for $50. Hope I made a wise decision. 🤷 Oh yeah, upon delivery I will post pics of my meager flock. 😃
View attachment 1661171
Glad we got ya! ;) :D Hope you got a good 'un :) Looking forward to seeing your flock :thumbsup:
Sorry to disappoint, but that was all just some photoshop fun. No idea where that bead came from (other than Google Images). 😁
🤣 🤣 :thumbsup:
I was using mine this morning,I have found the blade is very good for scoring and the like.
It's a very versatile and practical blade :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Barrett. For some reason I've never been a fan of fabric boots despite the fact their probably a good deal lighter than leather ones. I don't think Altberg make fabric either and as it was the fit that sold me on them then leather boots it was. The only downside is I use them for winter walks. Here in the UK our snow is wet claggy stuff so the leather tends to get saturated regardless of the oiling I give them.
I'll have to PM you one of my articles on fabric boots mate. For serious stuff, leather is certainly better. In snow, you might want to invest in some Yeti gaiters :thumbsup:
Last night was my first, and I'm sure my last beer festival this year.
9glbzkC.jpg

fcETqyk.jpg

yuZm37z.jpg

I hope everyone has a nice weekend planned. :thumbsup:
Nice one David, great pics :) :thumbsup:
Jack, your HHB looks great. Nice and clean. Nice looking slip as well. The Ardbeg is a fine dram. Very robust and one of my favorites.
Thanks a lot Bill, JohnDF JohnDF does a great job of those slips doesn't he? :) I enjoyed the dram :) :thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians.
Hope Jack is having fun on his walk.
Great pic John :) Thanks for thinking of me, I had a really enjoyable walk :) I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow :thumbsup:
😅 nice photoshop skills👏
Either way, I ended up falling down a rabbit-hole and finding some pretty neat ones.
🤣 :cool: :thumbsup:
First thing this morning before I started on the handle.

lpdLQ9n.jpg
See what I did there? ;) This is from post 1, please read it :thumbsup:

"This thread is for LAMBSFOOT knives only, please don’t gratuitously post photos containing other patterns. In a few cases, it may be acceptable to post a photo of another knife for discussion purposes in relation to the Lambsfoot pattern, a fake for example, or one with a very similar blade shape, but please do not post Sheepsfoot pics here, for example, simply because you don’t know the difference between that pattern and a Lambsfoot (just read on and learn the difference). Similarly, don’t post photos containing other knives simply because you cannot be bothered to edit an old photo. If you do make a mistake and post an inappropriate photo here, when this is drawn to your attention (as it will), behave in a mature way, accept that it's you who has erred, not the poster having to bring it to your attention. If that isn't acceptable, go and post somewhere else please."

Hope everyone is having a great day :) I've had a pretty good one myself, with a good walk in the woods. Just editing my pics, and I'll try to upload a few tomorrow :thumbsup:

m8j3SsN.jpg

That AW&S really aged nicely Jack. :thumbsup: I think the barlow iteration of a lambsfoot is very visually appealing, especially with that nicely figured stag.
Hi Duane, how are you doing buddy? :) That's my Hartshead Barlow, one of my SFOs. Thanks a lot for your kind words :) :thumbsup:

Hi Duane, how are you doing buddy? :) That's my Hartshead Barlow, one of my SFOs. Thanks a lot for your kind words :) :thumbsup:
You did good on that one, very cool knife! Myself, just feeling the madness all around me, I spend as much time as I can out riding my bicycles along the river trail. I keep ole' lumpy on the table next to me, I'll try and get a new pic for you. Good to see this wholesome thread still thriving my friend.

It is Sunday Morning here, just having a cup of tea after sleeping in. I have to go to the chemist and get some more solution to keep our project going, will give a report Tomorrow, that will be 7 days. But i was just reading through a thread designated to a yearly event here on the porch, some of the commentary and accusations being made are a disgrace, human behaviour never ceases to amaze me. I would not be surprized if this is the last of these events, why anyone would want to take the task on. On brighter note, hope you are all having a good weekend and taking care out there. I have to pick-up my new Lamb Tomorrow morning, i must say i am looking forward to it. Have a good one everyone.:)

Last edited:
You did good on that one, very cool knife! Myself, just feeling the madness all around me, I spend as much time as I can out riding my bicycles along the river trail. I keep ole' lumpy on the table next to me, I'll try and get a new pic for you. Good to see this wholesome thread still thriving my friend.
Thanks again Duane, it was made with steel liners and bolsters :) I'm glad to hear you're surviving my friend, and hope you enjoy your cycle rides :) Yes, we're still hanging on here! :D :thumbsup:
It is Sunday Morning here, just having a cup of tea after sleeping in. I have to go to the chemist and get some more solution to keep our project going, will give a report Tomorrow, that will be 7 days. But i was just reading through a thread designated to a yearly event here on the porch, some of the commentary and accusations being made are a disgrace, human behaviour never ceases to amaze me. I would not be surprized if this is the last of these events, why anyone would want to take the task on. On brighter note, hope you are all having a good weekend and taking care out there. I have to pick-up my new Lamb Tomorrow morning, i must say i am looking forward to it. Have a good one everyone.:)
Be careful you don't end up on a 'watchlist' buying quantities of hydrogen peroxide Leon! :eek: ;) Looking forward to seeing your latest report mate, and your new Lambsfoot of course :thumbsup:
Good to hear. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:
Good evening, Guardians. I came to discover tonight that the mighty lambsfoot makes one hell of a great Jack-o-lantern carver.

Yes, a Lambsfoot is perfect for fine cutting tasks, and you certainly did a fine job of carving that pumpkin :) Great pics, thanks for sharing them here :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend :) I don't have anything planned today, but got plenty to do in the house, and hopefully I'll get a chance to put my feet up! :D Enjoy your Sunday Guardians :) :thumbsup:

iIqx5eG.jpg

My hike yesterday explored an area of woodland on the edge of Leeds, the first part of which passed through a fascinating area, named 'The Hollies'. Once a private estate, it was gifted to the city by William Brown, in memory of his son, who was killed in World War One, in 1918. The paths and walkways were originally neatly laid out, but most are now overgrown to the point that it can be hard to make them out. Some of the bridges are also long gone.

H14+IMG_3989.jpg

Long before WWI though, going right back to the 16th century, this tranquil area was a hive of small-scale industry, with mills and tanneries dotted along the beck. While many of the larger mills, closer to the city centre, still survive, most of the remaining evidence this far up the valley is restricted to collapsed weirs, and silted-up goits and mill-ponds. After a turnpike road was built from Leeds, the area began to become more affluent, and there was extensive stone quarrying for the many grand houses in the area. The old grindstone was used as a platform for changing cart tyres. I love the name given to the row of cottages near the end of my walk, but the name is actually a corruption of the surname of the owner of one of the quarries - Husler - Perhaps he was a bit of a hustler though :rolleyes: ;)

bmRXliF.jpg

YpmavHs.jpg

W5JwGlu.jpg

uz8w51D.jpg

bDmd8YE.jpg

udEjJJC.jpg

69sSnPp.jpg

DQxfAW6.jpg

553gmS2.jpg

SKwfd34.jpg

A3b2NrT.jpg

H07+IMG_3991.jpg