Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Another good book, this one from 1913. If parents let their children do some of the things in this book they would be arrested for child endangerment today.
ir22UNr.jpg

Just received this addition this morning, photos with a cheap android and my lack of photography skill do not do it justice. I have been searching for one of these for over 2 years, this is from previous management, and you can tell straight away. A beautifully made Lambsfoot. No gaps, pins flush, no blade play and the blade sits dead centre, and the bevels are evenly ground. It had a small burr, which was no issue, got rid of that with some ceramic rods. Very happy with this, will be a much appreciated addition to my mob.;).

kUvAAzg.jpg
vlwBeBd.jpg

mxB583D.jpg
cMqeoz7.jpg

Another good book, this one from 1913. If parents let their children do some of the things in this book they would be arrested for child endangerment today.
ir22UNr.jpg
Superb :cool: Great to see you here my friend :thumbsup:
Just received this addition this morning, photos with a cheap android and my lack of photography skill do not do it justice. I have been searching for one of these for over 2 years, this is from previous management, and you can tell straight away. A beautifully made Lambsfoot. No gaps, pins flush, no blade play and the blade sits dead centre, and the bevels are evenly ground. It had a small burr, which was no issue, got rid of that with some ceramic rods. Very happy with this, will be a much appreciated addition to my mob.;).

kUvAAzg.jpg
vlwBeBd.jpg

mxB583D.jpg
cMqeoz7.jpg
Congratulations Leon, it looks like you definitely got a good 'un there :cool: :) :thumbsup:
To all my friends in the Mother Country, just heard some disturbing news coming out of England. There is a shortage of tinfoil, therefore affecting the making of pastry encrusted delights, Pies, Pasties and Sausage Rolls.o_O:eek:.

HDrHZSs.jpg
:eek: It seems that all we get is disturbing news here lately, but this could just tip things over the edge! :eek: I better get to the shops for some Jimmy (Boyle) before the junkies have it all! :eek: Great pic mate! :) :D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a smashing weekend :) Looks like a miserable day here today, but I have plenty to do indoors, so I'm not too bothered. Hope your week gets off to a good start Guardians, I'm beginning mine with my Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

I bought an old wallet from a flea-market about a decade ago, (I actually bought it for the leather, but then couldn't bring myself to cut it up). Inside, I was surprised to find two mint Ten Shilling notes, with consecutive numbers. I found them in the book I got out last night! :D

3jqtteD.jpg

I also found this old supplement to the Rover comic. My father ordered that boy's paper for me, (after cancelling my Beano), on the basis that he had read it himself when young. It didn't actually have any comic strips, but contained stories, which, for the most part, I recall as being about as dull as that Wikipedia entry. Maybe it was a more exciting read in the days when the supplement was produced, and it made a nice change from rationing and getting bombed by the Luftwaffe :rolleyes: The Vengeance of the Black Hand actually sounds pretty good! :D ;) :thumbsup:

rQL4Mif.jpg

o9Y5AFj.jpg

Last edited:
I was surprised to find two mint Ten Shilling notes, with consecutive numbers. I found them in the book I got out last night! :D
What vintage do you think they would be.???
Maybe it was a more exciting read in the days when the supplement was produced, and it made a nice change from rationing and getting bombed by the Luftwaffe
I imagine just about anything would beat getting bombed by Jerry.
The Vengeance of the Black Hand actually sounds pretty good! :D ;) :thumbsup:
That looks like it would be a good read.

That's a great picture.
Fortunately, all my buck-offs came in a nice soft arena.
Looks like that poor fellow is headed for a very hard landing.
I'm glad to hear it buddy :) :thumbsup:

At least he got to fly into space! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians.
I was waiting for the sun to come out to take some new pictures.
But it's a rainy day and staying pretty dark out there, so indoor pics will have to do.

The seldom seen Pile Side of my Usual Lamb...

Back