Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Having some breakfast, never waist an opportunity- moving the patina along.:p

m4W6upi.jpg

One more for the collection 😃. The gentleman that I bought it from claimed it was in “mint” condition. Let’s just say it needed a through cleaning and lube. Imho I think she looks presentable. Nice and snappy action and the blade is dead on centered. Nice jigging too. A pic of the whole family will follow soon.
View attachment 1663152
Congratulations! :) The seller probably just meant it was straight from the factory, and they're always full of gunk and muck! :D Glad you got a good 'un :) :thumbsup:
My departed father always had a roll of them in his pocket. My son loved to get them from my dad as they took walks together. A great memory for sure. Your HHB is in good company in this photo.
Happy memories Bill :) Thanks :) :thumbsup:
We look like being relegated.
VlY4tyv.jpg

MfybftI.jpg

Rectified.:)
Good man! :) Saved in some style Leon :cool: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, no bread for my morning toast, and it's pouring it down outside. I might get the frying pan out ;) Got this J jsdistin custom with me today. Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

UHIacfb.jpg

When I was a lad, I used to regularly borrow books on camping, hiking, and the outdoor life in general, from the public library. A number of those that I enjoyed, and borrowed repeatedly, were by an author named Jack Cox, who despite being quite prolific as a writer, doesn't even have a Wikipedia page :( Periodically, I check on the big river site to see if any of his outdoor books are listed, but they're collectible now, and tend to be quite expensive. I was having a look the other day, and by one of life's coincidences, I came across this book. I hadn't realised that Cox had been the last editor of The Boy's Own Paper, which ran until 1967, as I was very much a Beano and Dandy boy ;) :thumbsup:

smnIQqY.jpg

I tried to post on my phone, but the stupid thing is going doolally! :mad: It actually wrote and sent a text to someone this morning, which read "Km9)-m00" with an attachment of a map I had downloaded last week! 🤯🤬

Last edited:
Thanks Jack, I bet that would be an informative read.:thumbsup: I reckon the boots I've got now will probably see me out; with an odd resole or two.

pxBM5sk.jpg
It's an old article David, one of the first I did for Climber & Hillwalker, and while the individual boot reviews will be out of date, I hope that the main article still contains information of interest. I did a lot of research at the time, and the content was controversial, not least because of my criticisms of Gore-Tex, and exposing a British retailer selling un-licensed Gore-Tex lined boots. Both companies were big advertisers, and put pressure on the magazine. While they stood by me, my criticisms were toned-down, and my ultimate conclusion (roughly, if you wanted light weight, you might as well wear trainers, and if you wanted dry feet, you'd be better sticking with leather) was removed. I still have my original draft, but no scanner I'm afraid :thumbsup:

Cool pic amigo :cool: :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

It's kinda scary what these phones will do without your knowing.
It wiped out a bunch of notes, and overwrote them with gobbledegook, and set a 6.00am Sunday alarm! 👿 I really need to return it, but I don't have a spare phone anymore :( Maybe the darn thing is haunted! 😳👻

RYkInl2.jpg

Hope you're having a good day John :) :thumbsup:

Back