Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Almost dropped to page 2... Back to the top for some friendly conflict :D

FUaFoqH.jpg

Who ya got? Which orange label visits the table more often? I've been a Lea & Perrins person all my life until this thread introduced me to the other guy... Now we're a half and half home. Sometimes one, sometimes the other. Nothing as good as Worcestershire sauce in a stew or in a Ceasar, but the Hendersons is growing on me for eggs, cheese toast, meat pies.

And of course we can all agree on a Lambsfoot!
Growing up, Lea & Perrins was one of the few condiments on our table. I like it for nostalgic reasons, but am more likely to use soy sauce for cooking these days. The Hendersons is wonderful, but must be used sparingly. I have to buy it online, and it costs as much as a decent bottle of wine.
PXN8jT3.jpg

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. I'm OK, but didn't really feel like a hike today, and I need to catch up with some housework. Hopefully get out for some fresh air later though. I hope some of you have something more exciting planned. Have a good one Guardians
I hope you're feeling better today, Jack. Stay hydrated. A bottle of ginger ale might be a good idea.

Growing up, Lea & Perrins was one of the few condiments on our table. I like it for nostalgic reasons, but am more likely to use soy sauce for cooking these days. The Hendersons is wonderful, but must be used sparingly. I have to buy it online, and it costs as much as a decent bottle of wine.
PXN8jT3.jpg

I hope you're feeling better today, Jack. Stay hydrated. A bottle of ginger ale might be a good idea.

That's a shame about the Henderson's Rachel, Paul Mason once asked me to send him a bottle, as he and his wife had had it in Sheffield. By the time, I had packaged it up to protect it, the parcel weighed so much, it cost as much as a good bottle of wine too! :D I have just cooked some chestnut mushrooms with garlic, sweet smoked paprika, Oloroso sherry, and Henderson's, and served them over lightly toasted sourdough. The first meal I've had since Thursday :) Thank you Rachel, I've been drinking plenty of tea and water, but some ginger ale is a good idea :) :thumbsup:

Well done Mike :) :thumbsup: Can you get hold of Henderson's OK there mate, it wasn't that long ago you struggled to get hold of it in Leeds, and I had to bring supplies from Sheffield?! :D Things have changed over the past 10 years though, and it is, for the most part, the only orange label you see here now :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. I'm OK, but didn't really feel like a hike today, and I need to catch up with some housework. Hopefully get out for some fresh air later though. I hope some of you have something more exciting planned. Have a good one Guardians :thumbsup:

QV3bc8d.jpg
The first bottle was a pain to get via the big river, but after that one ran out I found a shop out in Dan's half of the country, Blighty's British Store that has a bunch of great stuff we don't see often over here. Have to order a bunch of stuff to justify the shipping, but who doesn't like ginger snaps too? Hehe

The first bottle was a pain to get via the big river, but after that one ran out I found a shop out in Dan's half of the country, Blighty's British Store that has a bunch of great stuff we don't see often over here. Have to order a bunch of stuff to justify the shipping, but who doesn't like ginger snaps too? Hehe
I imagine so Mike, I'm glad you were able to find another source :cool: When I lived in France, the local supermarket had a whole British isle, but the prices were a little crazy :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
Raining out today so sticking indoors I think. HHB in the pocket today, foolin' around in the basement.

q8dqTis.jpeg
I love that slingshot! :D Great pic my friend, I hope you have fun :) I've not been able to practice this past month, as the arthritis in my thumb has been really bad. I hope I can get out soon :thumbsup:

Cheers Jack. Bleaklow today. Been a busy week at work thought I'd get out on a proper walk.
Just reading through the last few days; hope your feeling better.
Good for you mate :) Thanks David, I'm eating again at least :) :thumbsup:

I haven't posted in this thread since Yorkshire Day (August 1), according to the Search function. But I have managed to read the thread regularly, although I sometimes get a week behind. I'm currently caught up (and enjoyed seeing, just a couple of posts up, a couple of David's donn donn fine photos featuring his instantly-recognizable "Eye of Sauron" horn lambsfoot :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:) and decided now was a good time to post a pic of my rosewood HHB that I call LamBarJack:
LBJ&olight.jpg

I hope the photo indicates that I've "seen the light" and will be posting here more frequently going forward.

- GT

I haven't posted in this thread since Yorkshire Day (August 1), according to the Search function. But I have managed to read the thread regularly, although I sometimes get a week behind. I'm currently caught up (and enjoyed seeing, just a couple of posts up, a couple of David's donn donn fine photos featuring his instantly-recognizable "Eye of Sauron" horn lambsfoot :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:) and decided now was a good time to post a pic of my rosewood HHB that I call LamBarJack:
View attachment 1666110

I hope the photo indicates that I've "seen the light" and will be posting here more frequently going forward.

- GT
Thanks GT, great shot of your LamBarJack there. :thumbsup: I'm also a regular torch bearer; important more than ever given all the rubbish about power cuts this winter.❌💡:rolleyes:

He says he has a swollen gland in his arm-pit, which is so painful he's not been able to sleep.
Jack, I've not paid my dues so it appears I can't start a private chat so I'll have to do this here.
Tell your mate to keep a very close eye on this over the next few weeks, regardless of what any doctor says. Even after the swelling and pain has subsided.

View attachment 1666110

- GT
Blimey, that's a long time Gary! :eek: Well done for catching up, it's good to see LamBar Jack :thumbsup:
Thanks GT, great shot of your LamBarJack there. :thumbsup: I'm also a regular torch bearer; important more than ever given all the rubbish about power cuts this winter.❌💡:rolleyes:
Same here, I've sometimes got 2 or 3 on me, a really useful thing to have :thumbsup:
Jack, I've not paid my dues so it appears I can't start a private chat so I'll have to do this here.
Tell your mate to keep a very close eye on this over the next few weeks, regardless of what any doctor says. Even after the swelling and pain has subsided.
Thanks for that advice David. I tried sending you a PM the other day, but the message I got was that your box was full.

Jack I hope that you are feeling much much better my friend!

Its a very wet day today, so wont be going out- perhaps to get a Coffee :)

Last night I had a sit down session getting used to my Water stones instead of my diamond Stone, at times I use the Waterstone then finalise it a wee bit with the Diamond stone.
My Stropping helps, but I need to try another Strop and paste, but here is my awesome Hartshead, I love this Jack because absolutely every time I go straight back to the Cafe we were sitting in at York - just one of my great memories in Life my friend, as is Sheffield.

qLodghA.jpg

Almost dropped to page 2... Back to the top for some friendly conflict :D

FUaFoqH.jpg

Who ya got? Which orange label visits the table more often? I've been a Lea & Perrins person all my life until this thread introduced me to the other guy... Now we're a half and half home. Sometimes one, sometimes the other. Nothing as good as Worcestershire sauce in a stew or in a Ceasar, but the Hendersons is growing on me for eggs, cheese toast, meat pies.

And of course we can all agree on a Lambsfoot!

Henderson’s on cheese toast (which I’m sure was a suggestion Jack made at some point) has been one of the most surprising discoveries for me. It’s great! :thumbsup:

Well done Mike :) :thumbsup: Can you get hold of Henderson's OK there mate, it wasn't that long ago you struggled to get hold of it in Leeds, and I had to bring supplies from Sheffield?! :D Things have changed over the past 10 years though, and it is, for the most part, the only orange label you see here now :) :thumbsup:

Hey Jack, remember when you asked the guy working in the shop near the train station in Sheffield if they had any Henderson’s and he didn’t know what you were talking about? 😲😡🤣

PXN8jT3.jpg

I seem to have a knack for finding sauces/condiments that I can only buy online, and it’s always expensive. 😳

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday :) We ordered pizza, and since I only do that about once a year, I ordered an extra one for tomorrow ;) :D :thumbsup:

yATB4eh.jpg

Jack, I don’t suppose you have any Secret Aardvark left, do you? It’s great on leftover pizza! 😁

Anyways…

F5CfBtG.jpg

😁😁

Back