Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

My father-in-law was in the signal corps and stationed on New Guinea, too. He was at Hollandia for a long time, and then went with the force that invaded Luzon at Lingayen in January 1945. Near Lingayen is Dagupan, where he met my mother-in-law.

One of the few things he told me about that time was that for 18 months on New Guinea, they had nothing but corned beef for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (the stereotype of the US Army serving nothing but spam did not hold true for his unit, they had nothing but canned corned beef). He said that for Thanksgiving 1944 they had a real traditional meal, with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, the whole nine yards. He said that after all that corned beef that Thanksgiving meal was so good.

The US troops that went to the Philippines brought corned beef with them, and ever since then corned beef has held an important part in Filipino cuisine. If you go to a Filipino grocery store anywhere in the states, you see a large selection of corned beef from Brazil, Australia, and New Zealand.
I like corned beef, but you can have too much of a good thing! :eek: In a war-torn country in the 1970's, I had to live on nothing but eggs and flat-bread. That only lasted a month, but I haven't eaten a boiled or fried egg since! :rolleyes:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was pretty quiet - until last night! :D I've got my Bagpipe Big 'Un with me today :) Have a good week everyone :thumbsup:

YLjfUYM.jpg

There is corned beef, and there is corn beef. Silverside pickled in brine, then cooked, is fantastic.:p:p:p:p:p:p. Out of a can, i will pass if you don't mind. :rolleyes:
I ate it in the Middle East, fried, with onions, in olive oil, and it was heaven after all those eggs! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Even sounds magnificent.:thumbsup: And with some good old English mustard sauce, now you're cooking.:thumbsup:
Try it sometime mate, it's pretty good :) I've just called in for a coffee on my way into town :thumbsup:

I was going to share a pic, but the file is too large apparently :(

I thought screened porch screened porch (and possibly a few other folks) might like to read this :thumbsup:

Diana Rigg ! Patrick MacNee ! The avengers ! Bowler hat and leather boots !
Say whatever you want, it was better before.

Dan.

Last edited:
She was a class act all the way.
Yup, a great knife.
I was wondering why I didn't save the Playboy with the Diana Rigg interview, but I guess it wasn't my Playboy. Somebody else had brought that to church camp.
mJ4bPQ3.jpg
Definitely Jer :) Her daughter doesn't have her presence at all, but she was in quite a nice series, with her mother, a few years ago. I know Barrett btb01 btb01 is a fan :thumbsup:

Caution - One use of Anglo-Saxon! :eek:

Great to see Old Toffee Wings :) :thumbsup:
Had a very nice weekend Jack, thanks for asking:). That bagpipe ebony looks so nice that I'm going to follow your lead and carry mine today. Abit rainy this morning but we need it.
View attachment 1667231
That's good to hear Bill :) Thank you very much, nice choice my friend :cool:
If it's too loud, you're too old sonny! :D ;) :thumbsup:

She's a fine writer.
Funny, though, how so many fine actors leave you sitting back and appreciating, but a few knock you down and leave you gasping on your back.

That looks like a good show, though the trailer runs long enough to make me think maybe not. Is the old guy at the door Mick Anston, long-time honcho of the Time Team archaeologists?
jRNQHlc.jpg

Last edited:
She's a fine writer.
Funny, though, how so many fine actors leave you sitting back and appreciating, but a few knock you down and leave you gasping on your back.

That looks like a good show, though the trailer runs long enough to make me think maybe not. Is the old guy at the door Mick Aston(?), long-time honcho of the Time Team archaeologists?
jRNQHlc.jpg

Very true Jer :) It really looks like Mick Anston doesn't it?! :D I don't know if that was intentional, but it's actually a guy called David Sterne. It's a rather sweet, gentle comedy, filmed in a beautiful part of southern England, where I think it only ever rains once! :D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was pretty quiet - until last night! :D I've got my Bagpipe Big 'Un with me today :) Have a good week everyone :thumbsup:

YLjfUYM.jpg

Jack, those crumpets pikelets look tasty! It's been a while since I've had any. I can get them at Trader Joe's here, but they cost more and aren't as good.

Definitely Jer :) Her daughter doesn't have her presence at all, but she was in quite a nice series, with her mother, a few years ago. I know Barrett btb01 btb01 btb01 btb01 is a fan :thumbsup:

That looks like a good show, though the trailer runs long enough to make me think maybe not. Is the old guy at the door Mick Aston(?), long-time honcho of the Time Team archaeologists?

It really is a fantastic show! :thumbsup:

I've been slacking on my Lambsfoot duties lately, having gotten hooked on a beefy GEC with a different kind of foot. 🙄😉 Here's a recycled photo of my Ironwood Guardians Lambsfoot.

wMMeLxZ.jpg

Back