Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Yeah, go on, rub it in! :p I hope you're going to cook those chops Duane! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Your Big 'un looks a lot more comfortable after modification my friend :thumbsup:
The past two weeks have been a mess Jack, the perio guy yanked one of my molars and scraped out a bunch of infected bone from my jaw and did a bone graft, regular docs visit didn't go so well either, liver is not looking good and I now have diabetes. What a drag it is getting old, at least I've had this fine stag in me pocket to fondle and worry stone with, and it cuts like a razor :) I have grown quite fond of this particular knife, for a couple reasons.

Best wishes sent your way sitflyer sitflyer I hope you can get things going in the right directions! :)

That Stag bigun is a fine knife. I have one and I am quite fond of it. Today I’m Totin another bigun. This one is a Rosewood model. The F&F is not as good as some of my others but it is sturdy and has excellent walk and talk.

39307573325_43ca3ed97c_b_d.jpg

That's a mighty fine looking Lambsfoot,also the pic is nice and clear,the colors stand out.:thumbsup:

Thanks for putting the thread back on page 1 Dylan :) I wish some of our absent Guardians would post here more often. Fantastic pic of your ebony Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend, I am just on the train now, setting off for Sheffield, so it should be an exciting day :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, fellas for the compliments. My apologies for the delayed response. I actually have a little bit of time on my hands this morning so I am getting caught up here and there, chiming in now and then, and just overall enjoying a quiet morning with some good black coffee.

Hello fellow Guardians. Since I retired on January 31 of this year I have had very limited contact with my former employees. When I retired I was the Tool Room supervisor at the local plant of a major US appliance manufacturer. On last Thursday evening I got an interesting call from one of former employees. It was from one of my young apprentices of which I had seven at the time of my retirement. All my guys knew of my love and interest in knives so he gave me a call about a knife that he found. As it turns out he found this knife while swimming in one of our local rivers. It was under water at about 8 -10 feet of depth. He saw it shining and went in and retrieved the object. I was amazed as I asked him to describe it to me that it was a Lambsfoot knife. I’m honest when I say that a Lambsfoot is not common here in SE Tennessee where I live. In all of my years of collecting and talking with people I have never encountered anyone that owned one. They obviously would change their minds if they knew what I do! ;) I asked what condition the knife was in and he said it was rusted to some extent. He cleaned it in an ultrasonic cleaner that we have in our tool shop. I asked him to send some photos. When I got the photos I was amazed that the knife is in such good shape. It is a J. Milner & Co, Sheffield. It is a two blade pattern and has some beautiful Stag and fluted bolsters quite like many of the older examples we have seen. With the exception of the broken tip on the Lambsfoot it is in surprisingly good condition. I’m am sharing these photos for all you to enjoy and look over. I hope it will help add some history to our Guardians of the Lamsfoot thread. I have already been in contact with Jack and he has promised to elaborate some more on the company and the knife. If anyone can offer any additional information please feel free to share. Have a nice day.

28254422048_eb03f389d8_b.jpg

41406944044_f550d7a69f_b.jpg

40319969550_0c38e4cd32_b.jpg

41406944224_1bdcde64d1_b.jpg

What a terrific story and such an amazing encounter. If you think about it, what are the chances that someone would find an old knife and 1.) think to bring it to a knife enthusiast instead of tossing it in a tool box and 2.) that knife enthusiast also happens to be a Lambsfoot enthusiast as well? Such a terrific coincidence!

The knife looks amazing, despite the broken tip and the history Jack provided was quite interesting.

Late afternoon is the worst possible time to be taking photos on the grotty table of my south-facing kitchen, but I thought some of you might like to see a few teaser pics of the 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot knives :) :) It took a lot less time to take them than it did to upload them! o_O I'll be in touch with everyone by email later :thumbsup:

Sorry, but if you don't know what these are, I'm afraid you're already too late :(

Please respect the non-commercial nature of this thread :thumbsup:

View attachment 906426

View attachment 906423

View attachment 906424

View attachment 906425

View attachment 906430

Pins and needles! Very excited, Jack. The knives look exceptional, thank so much for all of your efforts. Hopefully your day is going smoothly today.

View attachment 907190
used the stag Big'un to cut some mint and rosemary for tonight's Lamb chops ;)

I am officially hungry, what a tantalizing pic!

The past two weeks have been a mess Jack, the perio guy yanked one of my molars and scraped out a bunch of infected bone from my jaw and did a bone graft, regular docs visit didn't go so well either, liver is not looking good and I now have diabetes. What a drag it is getting old, at least I've had this fine stag in me pocket to fondle and worry stone with, and it cuts like a razor :) I have grown quite fond of this particular knife, for a couple reasons.

Yikes! Sorry to hear of your troubles, does not sound pleasant. Hopefully all will go well though. I certainly wish you the best and that any resulting treatments contribute to a longer and healthier life for you. I find knives and music to be particularly soothing in times of stress, sounds like you have the right idea.

This is a constant companion, whether it be in pocket or pack.

pR3dZXB.jpg

Good looking knives Jack. I somehow wasn't aware of these. I'll have to keep a closer eye on this thread for the next batch of Guardians Lambsfoots, hopefully there will be a next batch.

Thank you Jack for making this happen!! Take care!

Thanks a lot guys :) @pistonsandgears if you PM me your email address, I'll add you to my Lambsfoot list :thumbsup:

I'm very sorry to hear that Duane :( I miss being young and indestructible! :thumbsup:

This one is a Rosewood model. The F&F is not as good as some of my others but it is sturdy and has excellent walk and talk.

39307573325_43ca3ed97c_b_d.jpg

Nice knife Ron, I keep meaning to get one myself, they can be pretty rough and ready, but a good workhorse I'm sure :thumbsup:

Pins and needles! Very excited, Jack. The knives look exceptional, thank so much for all of your efforts. Hopefully your day is going smoothly today.

This is a constant companion, whether it be in pocket or pack.

pR3dZXB.jpg

Thanks Dylan, looking forward to seeing them in everyone's hands :) I was up at 5.45am this morning to start wrapping parcels again. That is some good-looking patina on your trusty blade my friend :thumbsup:

View attachment 907864 View attachment 907863

I am not sure if this is a repeat, but I just love this photograph. And I am about to give this knife to a friend so you will not be seeing it much longer. (The Lab is staying. He won’t leave the porch!)

sitflyer sitflyer Best wishes. You will be in our thoughts.

Great pics Leslie, hope your friend loves his new Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

28305796488_e56317bf2b_h.jpg

Breakfast with Betty

Always a treat to see Betty :) :thumbsup:

I've been so busy at the post office, I've not had a chance to take anymore pics of the Guardians knives yet, but here's a few from the factory, (and from my kitchen table ;)) :thumbsup:

View attachment 908001

View attachment 908002

View attachment 908003

View attachment 908005

Have a great day folks :thumbsup:

I’ve been more excited about these than I’ve been for any release in a long time. Thanks Jack!

Nice knife Ron, I keep meaning to get one myself, they can be pretty rough and ready, but a good workhorse I'm sure :thumbsup:
This Rosewood model is surely a second. I bought it early on from the big auction site. None the less it is sharp and sturdy and an excellent everyday work knife. :thumbsup:

I've been so busy at the post office, I've not had a chance to take anymore pics of the Guardians knives yet, but here's a few from the factory, (and from my kitchen table ;)) :thumbsup:

View attachment 908005

Have a great day folks :thumbsup:
Jack I know you have been through a lot of aggravation to get these to this point. I feel the results will be very much appreciated. Thank you again for all of your efforts my friend! :D

Beautiful Guardians Lamsfoots Jack, good job man! :thumbsup:

Michael

P.S. Fun to see the pictures of the knives in their nearly finished state :)

I’ve been more excited about these than I’ve been for any release in a long time. Thanks Jack!

Thanks guys :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the photos Jack. I’m Totin my Ebony this morning while I’m watching a news reporter at The Holly Bush in London. They were having a pint of “Pride”. It seems they have some sort of festivities planned in London this weekend! ;):eek::D

27394477574_7a6684e48a_b_d.jpg

Beautiful ebony Ron, I shall try to find a bit of quiet wilderness in which to spend tomorrow! :rolleyes: ;) :D :thumbsup:

One might say you have it taped:rolleyes:

That pesky tape! :D :thumbsup:

This Rosewood model is surely a second. I bought it early on from the big auction site. None the less it is sharp and sturdy and an excellent everyday work knife. :thumbsup:

Jack I know you have been through a lot of aggravation to get these to this point. I feel the results will be very much appreciated. Thank you again for all of your efforts my friend! :D

It could very well be Ron :( Glad to hear it gets the job done though :thumbsup:

It's certainly been a lot more work than I anticipated my friend, but I think everyone will be pleased with the knives :) :thumbsup:

I wish some of our absent Guardians would post here more often.

Absent Guardian checking in, Sir! :D;)

I’ve just returned from a two week trip to Germany, Austria, Hungary, and Iceland. We maintained a rather full itinerary and I wasn’t able to keep up with all the action here. It was a wonderful trip, though. But, I’m back now.

I’m afraid I’m quite behind on the index as well. :oops: I may need to put in a call for help catching up, but I want to look into dealing with its rapidly growing size first.

Figuring that physical labor in the sun would help reset my internal clock and squash my jet lag, I put in a couple of hours today getting our garden boxes ready for planting tomorrow. Of course my lambsfoot was eager to help out.

It opened bags of compost:

H4x57Fch.jpg

And trimmed the roots from heads of Romain lettuce that I harvested to make room for new crops:

lB6Oc6Zh.jpg

I do enjoy how much this pattern likes to work. :)

Absent Guardian checking in, Sir! :D;)

I’ve just returned from a two week trip to Germany, Austria, Hungary, and Iceland. We maintained a rather full itinerary and I wasn’t able to keep up with all the action here. It was a wonderful trip, though. But, I’m back now.

I’m afraid I’m quite behind on the index as well. :oops: I may need to put in a call for help catching up, but I want to look into dealing with its rapidly growing size first.

Figuring that physical labor in the sun would help reset my internal clock and squash my jet lag, I put in a couple of hours today getting our garden boxes ready for planting tomorrow. Of course my lambsfoot was eager to help out.

It opened bags of compost:

H4x57Fch.jpg

And trimmed the roots from heads of Romain lettuce that I harvested to make room for new crops:

lB6Oc6Zh.jpg

I do enjoy how much this pattern likes to work. :)

Hey Greg! Great to see you here my friend :) I've been wondering how you, and even put a reminder in my phone to drop you a PM this weekend. It's great to know you're OK :thumbsup:

That sounds like an exciting whistle-stop trip there :)

I'm happy to help out with the index, and really appreciate the trouble you take on behalf of your fellow guardians.

Cool pics, hope you get a good crop, and (in the shorter term) that you have a great weekend :) Wishing everyone else the same of course ;) :thumbsup:

As for me, I reckon I'm halfway up the mountain! ;) :D :thumbsup:

2018 Ebony Guardians Lambsfoot 1-5.JPG

Back