Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Like Darryl Hannah's Bladerunner!
Yes, a fine addition to any movie. ;)
fgaIcgP.jpg
Good choice, I like lighthouses too.

Reminds me of, "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep"... which led to a couple of excellent Sci Fi movies.

Glad your side effects were mild, Jack. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Yes, indeed, I've definitely read that, a couple of times :)

Thanks John, a few pals of mine have been quite poorly, so I was glad to get off lightly :thumbsup:
I went with lighthouses again for next year.
fgaIcgP.jpg

Like Darryl Hannah's Bladerunner!
Good choice Jer :cool: Have I mentioned Bella Bathurst before, she's written a couple of lighthouse-related books, which are excellent? :thumbsup:

Steam trains for me :) :thumbsup:

xTBitCd.jpg

Yes, a fine addition to any movie. ;)
I like her in this one :D :thumbsup:

Daryl-Hannah-dans-Kill-Bill-volume-2-2004.jpg

Good Morning Guardians
Looking good amigo :) :thumbsup:

A really good series of movies. 🤠 :thumbsup:
For me, it's all about Milla Jovovich... 5th Element, Resident Evil, Ultraviolet... She gets my motor running and she's aged very well. 😄

Thank you, Jack. :)
LOL! :D All fun films :) My girlfriend doesn't understand what I find watchable about the Resident Evil films! :rolleyes: Is she joking, what a great pair of ice-climbing tools! :D :thumbsup:

mill-jovovich-resident-evil-retribution.jpg

I'm looking forward to going down to the market tomorrow, and hoping the cake stall is there this week! :D I think I'm going to put my Bagpipe Ebony Lambsfoot on cake-cutting duty ;) :thumbsup:

VepV6hD.jpg

I don't think any of that motley crew would be out of place hanging out in Leeds Market! :D In fact, put some ink on the big piper, and it could be my pal! 🤣 :thumbsup:

I like her in this one :D :thumbsup:
Yeah.
Good choice Jer :cool: Have I mentioned Bella Bathurst before, she's written a couple of lighthouse-related books, which are excellent?
If you have, it hasn't registered (and that never happens). Thanks for the heads up.
Fun fact: You can reuse your favorite calendars. After all, there are only 14 possible versions.

It wouldn't work for me. I'm so busy, my calendars get all scribbled up.

Home for the virtual part of my day, which means a hot lunch...
Mmmmm :) Hope you enjoyed it John, you're making me hungry! :D :thumbsup:
It wouldn't work for me. I'm so busy, my calendars get all scribbled up.
I didn't write a single thing on mine this year! :D I wish I'd kept my vintage sci-fi calendar from 2020 now! :D :thumbsup:

You guys are making me feel like The Grinch with all these festive backgrounds! :D :thumbsup:

GBO4rK5.jpg

😉😁

Reminds me of, "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep"... which led to a couple of excellent Sci Fi movies.

I have a blades-on-book pic with that book somewhere, but I don’t believe it was with a Lambsfoot, so of course I won’t be posting it here. 🤫

Bad news for the folks who have been trapped in Yorkshire's Tan Hill Inn for the past several days, a snowplough has dug them out! 😢 I was discussing it with my mate in the pub last night, and he reminded me that they had been locked in with an Oasis tribute band, so it may not have been all good :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Wow, y’all really have been getting some snow there! 😲☃️🥶 I can certainly think of worse places to get snowed in. 😁

We’ve had fairly mild weather here in Minnesota so far this fall/winter. My boots, which I wear daily this time of year, have been well overdue for a little TLC. I finally got around to it today. The Lambsfoot helped cut some new paracord laces.

H1yD6ME.jpg

Mr4AXQD.jpg

What do you use on your boots when you give them some TLC ?

Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel and Nikwax Conditioner for Leather.

How do you stop the paracord from fraying at the ends?

Normally I just melt the end with a lighter, making sure to fuse the outer layer with the inner strands, but when doing laces for these boots, I have to use the lighter to melt a longer portion of the outside of the paracord to mimic those little plastic ends of shoelaces, otherwise I can’t get them through the eyelets (which I wish were all just D-rings like the bottom set).

FE7Hvsx.jpg

Last edited:
Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel and Nikwax Conditioner for Leather.

Normally I just melt the end with a lighter, making sure to fuse the outer layer with the inner strands, but when doing laces for these boots, I to use the lighter to melt a longer portion of the outside of the paracord to mimic those little plastic ends of shoelaces, otherwise I can’t get them through the eyelets (which I wish were all just D-rings like the bottom set).

FE7Hvsx.jpg
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I have never had much success with the lighter trick, but i will try your way.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I have never had much success with the lighter trick, but i will try your way.

Just doing the end (like on the left in that pic) has always worked well for me, and I’ve used it for a lot of knife lanyard/fobs that have lasted years and are still going strong. You just have to do it long enough to make sure it all melts together.

Back