Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good evening, Guardians.

I haven't been able to spend as much time on the forums lately. Hopefully, I can check in a bit more in the not so distant future. You all have been putting up some terrific pictures and some great posts in general, it has been a pleasure getting caught up.

I hope you all have a great weekend ahead of you. It is supposed to be ridiculously hot here, I am not thrilled... To cheer me up though, I have been carrying what has become one of my favorite lambsfoot knives.

P6sNzMa.jpg

Good evening, Guardians.

I haven't been able to spend as much time on the forums lately. Hopefully, I can check in a bit more in the not so distant future. You all have been putting up some terrific pictures and some great posts in general, it has been a pleasure getting caught up.

I hope you all have a great weekend ahead of you. It is supposed to be ridiculously hot here, I am not thrilled... To cheer me up though, I have been carrying what has become one of my favorite lambsfoot knives.

P6sNzMa.jpg
Dylan, that's a mighty fine looking ebony you've got there. Jack Black did us all a ++ on these Guardians, he's a good man.:thumbsup:
Is that a zippo lighter? I always carried one a very long time ago, used to love the "tink" when I'd pop the lid open, drove the wife nuts ha ha.:p

Morning Guardians,

My apologies for my absence over the past few days, I have missed you all! I've had an overseas visitor here, and have busy showing my old friend around Yorkshire, it's been a pretty hectic time. My guest is on his way to the airport, and I'm looking forward to having a home-cooked meal again, and to catching up here of course. Fantastic to see that this thread has been so active :) I've been carrying my wee staggy over the past couple of days, and bearing in mind that it is Stag Saturday, it's staying in my pocket today.

More shortly (and I'm hoping my internet connection picks up so I can share a pic!) :thumbsup:

Jack

I appreciate your kind words about last week's photos of my Black Jack, Jack. :)
For more mating follies, watch the mating dance of sandhill cranes!! It's incredible that some of these creatures (including humans? :rolleyes:) actually manage to produce offspring! :eek::D
Two striking pics of your ebony Guardians knife; I especially like the second (and any of your clever pics of lambsfoot knives with ovine backgrounds)! :cool::cool::thumbsup: The first photo with its marvelous vista raises a question, though. Are you free to wander the entire landscape we see in the photo, or do we see mostly privately-owned land and your hiking is restricted to public "highways and byways"?

Shouldn't you be using this on your burger, Jack?? :confused:;)
MraGevy.jpg

I'm willing to wager that I see potatoes and peas there, but I wouldn't bet large sums on my ability to identify the other components of that meal! :confused:o_O Glad you had a good trip! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Another pic of my Lam Jack, the 2018 horn Guardians lambsfoot:
View attachment 943507

- GT

Thanks for the kind words, and for the tip on the sandhill cranes. I arrived home around 10.30pm last night to find two hedgehogs snuffling around on my lawn. Tried taking a flash-free pic, but it was too dark, and they can move surprisingly fast when disturbed!

Excellent Henderson's/Lambsfoot pic my friend :) I prefer something a bit thicker (and spicier) on my burger, but if I am making up a barbecue sauce myself, Henderson's is always an ingredient - of course :D :thumbsup:

That was a Shepherd's Pie with a topping of sweet potato, thick-cut chips (fried potatoes), peas, and gravy :) :thumbsup:

Old pic. Today, like most days, my camera won't focus to save its life. I finally took it out back and shot it.* **
OExqRtA.jpg

* Not really, but I'm starting to like the idea.
** Don't try this at home!

I know that frustrating feeling Jer, sometimes when I take a load of pic while hiking, I get back home to find that two-thirds of the time my camera has focused on the background rather than my knife o_O Great to see those two though my friend :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians :D 2018 Ebony :cool:

41553909470_34b1900a6e_b_d.jpg

Excellent shot of your ebony '18 Ron :thumbsup:

Yes Sir, I am really pleased with the 2018 Ebony Guardians. They are a beautifully done example of the pattern! :cool::)

That's good to hear, they turned out alright in the end I think :) :thumbsup:

It's kind of funny, since I discovered the Lambsfoot, my GEC's don't get carried quite as often..

That’s not an uncommon phenomenon, I think. :)

Yeah, I've spent the past 15/16 years collecting knives, looking for the one knife that just works and feels right, the Lambsfoot is the one. :thumbsup:
View attachment 944199

Yes, this is true.

Of course I agree guys, the Lambsfoot blade just WORKS :thumbsup: That is a fantastic pic Dave :) :thumbsup:

Hey Folks,
My first submission to this thread comes in the form of an amazing act of generosity from a forum friend (thank you so much HST).
I was the proud recipient of this fine gift earlier this week. This is my first A Wright & Son Sheffield knife. My first Lambsfoot although I have been a big fan of the Sheepsfoot for a long time. This is a great knife. Even better is that it came from a friend.
This place is great!!
Burnt Stag
S7KNilO.jpg

fPRjvnc.jpg

BPi4GHS.jpg

Welcome to the Guardians sir! :) That is a fabulous-looking knife, and what a great gift from @HST :) :thumbsup:

I have been having such a great feast for my eyes watching this Thread.
I excited to say that I had a couple of Lambsfoot Knives arrive yesterday ( waiting for decent weather to take some Photo's ).

I am really enjoying reading through these posts my self Duncan :) Can't wait to see your Lambsfoot knives my friend, you always take a great pic :) :thumbsup:

Reactions: HST
View attachment 944961
Back in pocket after a brief rest period.

Great stuff Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Good evening, Guardians.

P6sNzMa.jpg

That is a very cool pic Dylan :cool: Great to see you back my friend, and hope all is well, and that you can get some respite from the heat. Have a fantastic weekend :) :thumbsup:

Dylan, that's a mighty fine looking ebony you've got there. Jack Black did us all a ++ on these Guardians, he's a good man.:thumbsup:
Is that a zippo lighter? I always carried one a very long time ago, used to love the "tink" when I'd pop the lid open, drove the wife nuts ha ha.:p

Thanks for the kind words Dave :) I enjoy carrying the Zippo @paulhilborn very kindly sent me some years ago :) :thumbsup:

Well, I am struggling with my internet connection today guys, and don't seem to be able to upload a pic :( I'll give it one more go, with my wee staggy. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :) :thumbsup:

AW Small Sambar LF (2) 3-8.JPG

(Hooray! :) :D :thumbsup:)

Great stuff Joshua :) :thumbsup:

That is a very cool pic Dylan :cool: Great to see you back my friend, and hope all is well, and that you can get some respite from the heat. Have a fantastic weekend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words Dave :) I enjoy carrying the Zippo @paulhilborn very kindly sent me some years ago :) :thumbsup:

Well, I am struggling with my internet connection today guys, and don't seem to be able to upload a pic :( I'll give it one more go, with my wee staggy. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 945343

(Hooray! :) :D :thumbsup:)
Welcome back Jack! we shared a pint or two while you were gone.:p Your pic of the wee staggy came out great. :thumbsup:

I know that frustrating feeling Jer, sometimes when I take a load of pic while hiking, I get back home to find that two-thirds of the time my camera has focused on the background rather than my knife o_O Great to see those two though my friend :thumbsup:

Excellent shot of your ebony '18 Ron :thumbsup:

That's good to hear, they turned out alright in the end I think :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for the compliment Jack and I think they turned out great my friend! :thumbsup: Following your example this morning showing a wee staggy! ;) Have a wonderful weekend everyone! :D

41992444392_9568a4262b_b_d.jpg

I’m toting my lambsfoot and Churchill to the Farmers’ market today. I’ll try to get some good pictures (with the knife, too, of course)

Good morning Guardians! I am a disciple, but not yet a convert. I would love it if those of you who have used a variety of straight-edged blades (lambfoot, sheepfoot, coping, Wharncliffe) would lay out for me the differences, strengths and weaknesses of using the various blades, with emphasis on the lambfoot.

For my typical usage of a straight-edge, I would put the sheepfoot first (strength & precision), the coping second (less strong, but just as precise), and third the Wharncliffe (fragile tip and less precision because of its usual length). I impatiently await your thoughts!

Good morning Guardians! I am a disciple, but not yet a convert. I would love it if those of you who have used a variety of straight-edged blades (lambfoot, sheepfoot, coping, Wharncliffe) would lay out for me the differences, strengths and weaknesses of using the various blades, with emphasis on the lambfoot.

For my typical usage of a straight-edge, I would put the sheepfoot first (strength & precision), the coping second (less strong, but just as precise), and third the Wharncliffe (fragile tip and less precision because of its usual length). I impatiently await your thoughts!

Great to hear from you here Jeff :) Jeff originally contacted me by PM, and I suggested he posted here so that he'd get the perspectives of other Guardians, rather than just me. Please feel free to compare the Lambsfoot to the other straight-edged blades, but keep the discussion focused on the Lambsfoot please :thumbsup:

Most of us like and use many blade shapes, for versatility though, I prefer the Lambsfoot above all others. In comparison to the mighty Sheepsfoot, I think it offers greater precision, allowing the user to see precisely where the tip is being placed, which isn't always possible with a Sheepsfoot, while sacrificing little in strength. I also find the Lambsfoot more precise than the Coping blade, more versatile and easier to use, and also stronger. As for the Wharncliffe, I think it is even more precise, again because it is easier to see exactly where the point is, I think it offers greater control, and considerably more strength. I'm biased, but I think the Lambsfoot is also the most aesthetically pleasing ;) :thumbsup:

For many newcomers to the Lambsfoot pattern it is a revelation that a few subtle differences can make for such an incredibly good user. But you really have to try one out to appreciate that. Personally, I find that a Swayback frame enhances the ergonomics of the Lambsfoot blade considerably :thumbsup:

Looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say, and thanks again Jeff for your interest :) :thumbsup:

Back