Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

For me the lambsfoot is just as precise as a sheepfoot with no loss in strength and the taper of the spine at the tip make it easier to wiggle into spaces where a sheepfoot won't safely fit. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

And I find it in my pocket more often than ever even with several nice recent additions laying beside it.;)

Last edited:
Thanks, Rob, I do like the slenderness of the lambfoot, especially in single blade format. The sheepfoot is almost NEVER a stand-alone blade, so that feature is less important when paired with a clip in the usual stockman.

Thanks, Rob, I do like the slenderness of the lambfoot, especially in single blade format. The sheepfoot is almost NEVER a stand-alone blade, so that feature is less important when paired with a clip in the usual stockman.

The Lambsfoot is generally either a single blade or combined with a pen Jeff. There are historic exceptions though, such as this old Taylor's Eye Witness, which Rob owns (and very kindly sent me over for a loan) :)

TEW LF Barlow 3-1.JPG

Many of us, I think, have thought that a secondary blade, such as a pen, might be a useful addition, but personally, in practice, I find the Lambsfoot such a versatile blade that a secondary blade is almost entirely redundant, which I guess is the reason that most Lambsfoot patterns have just the one blade :thumbsup:

Now with that two-blade in mind, do you ever see the lambfoot as a shorter secondary, like the sheepfoot usually is found?

You are welcome Jack:thumbsup: I was happy to share it with you. The 2nd one I acquired is now with glennbad waiting it's turn for a tune up and new covers. It saw quite a bit of use so might as well put it back on duty;)
tyBD3hh.jpg

I thought you'd like that one Jeff! :D It has a very interesting history, which you'll find, together with more pics of it earlier in this thread :) Thanks again to Rob for letting me look it over :thumbsup:

View attachment 945496

(Outside the old Eye Witness Works in Sheffield)

You are welcome Jack:thumbsup: I was happy to share it with you. The 2nd one I acquired is now with glennbad waiting it's turn for a tune up and new covers. It saw quite a bit of use so might as well put it back on duty;)
tyBD3hh.jpg

I'm really looking forward to seeing what @glennbad does with it Rob, he is a magician for sure :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 945743

I forgot to take pictures at the Farmers’ Market (it was very busy and we had all Five kiddos), but here is my lambsfoot with my youngest son!

Awww! Great pic Joshua! :D :thumbsup: I recently gave my mate's lad this one, his first knife :thumbsup:

Amos & His First Knife 28-5-18 (3S).JPG

He was admiring my wee staggy yesterday, so I told him that if he behaves himself he might get one for his birthday next year ;) :thumbsup:

Back