Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

My internet connection has been very poor over the past few days, but today, I can't even load my emails :( Hoping I can eventually manage to post this :( :thumbsup:

They are definitely in the right hands now.

Thanks John :)

Really cool stuff, Jack, thanks for posting it.

I had the 2018 Guardian's Lambsfoot with me yesterday.
42836609790_7c28eb497b_h.jpg

Thanks mate, cool pic of your ebony '18 :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. It really is a superb knife.

I have the AC Lambsfoot with me again today, it is really a terrific knife.

79eFIyK.jpg

I am glad you like it Dylan, your excellent pic hasn't loaded on my PC, but fortunately I can see it on my phone! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

That’s is an absolutely beautiful patina! Any idea what brought about the blue?

Thanks, the blue coloring comes from cutting steak. I'm not sure if it is the meat itself or the garlic.

I love the colours you get with patina on a polished blade :) :thumbsup:

Great haul Jack, I love the blade profile and bolster on that Rodgers Lambsfoot.:thumbsup::cool:

gQuJKGI.jpg

Thanks my friend, that's an interesting one isn't it? :) Wonderful photo :thumbsup:

My wee stag ,a generous giveaway by @JackBlack.Rarely leaves my pocket nowadays.

I'm glad you're still enjoying it :) :thumbsup:

That is beautiful. Planning to get one soon. Despite my wife asking "What are you gonna do with so many knives?" last night.

:confused: o_O :rolleyes: ;) :D :thumbsup:

I'd adopt that runt in a heartbeat, Jack! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the fruitful comment, Jack. :)

I like those summery photos, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Somehow, I got through yesterday without having to re-size a single pic I tried to post!?!

I feel your pain, Ron, as I expectantly wait. :( But in my case, it's entirely my own fault. I checked the tracking yesterday morning and was horrified to see an "alert" informing that the package was undeliverable! :eek::( I called the "postal substation" whose ZIP code was mentioned in the alert, and the guy there was able to find the package in the "misaddressed box". Turns out in my haste to get my order to Jack, I sent him a shipping address for my workplace (as I usually do), but I inexplicably used my home ZIP code instead of my work ZIP code. :rolleyes::mad: I didn't have time to get to the post office to grab it, but it was re-routed overnight and the tracking site informed me this morning that it was delivered to my college's mail room! So I should have it in my mailbox today, or tomorrow for sure! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Black Jack in the wood lot (when it was new):
View attachment 984456

- GT

LOL! Thanks GT :D :thumbsup: Thanks, you are having more luck with your pics than me :( Oh no! :eek: Hope you get your ACL OK today. Great pic of your Black Jack :) :thumbsup:

I should have some new stag in today’s mail delivery. :) Until then..... :D

29214853668_22602d38c0_b_d.jpg

Hope so Ron! :) :thumbsup:

That's early! :eek: Great pics though :cool: :thumbsup:

Fix-Ewe-Nutrition-for-Sheep.jpg

So much for the 5-character minimum on posts!

:confused: :D

I made a flying visit to Sheffield :)
View attachment 975304

View attachment 975302
My Ashley's Choice Lambsfoot showed up in my mailbox at work today sometime between 2 and 3pm. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool: I teach a class from 2:30-3:20, but today one of their activities was to leave the classroom and look for real world examples of a page of geometric concepts. While I was waiting for them to return, I ran down to check my mailbox, and there it was! :):thumbsup: I hoped to get some photos when I got home, but both sets of camera batteries are dead! :mad::( While they recharge, the best I can do is identify my knife in Jack's Ashley's Choice group shots. Mine is second from the top on the right in each photo, just above the knife with distinctive brownish color in both photos above. Color me happy! :):thumbsup::thumbsup::)

- GT

My Ashley’s Choice Lambsfoot arrived in today’s mail. All I can say is WOW! :D The wait and anticipation of the arrival were rewarded with a beautiful knife. The F&F is on par with any knife I own. The Sambar, while different from mark to pile sides has very closely matched colors. Jack and Ashley are both to be commended for the resulting knives. :thumbsup: A truly heirloom quality Lambsfoot. The light and shadows are not as good in my typical outdoor photo location this time of day. I couldn’t wait so here are a couple of hastily taken photos. I think you can get the idea of how beautiful this knife is. :)

43755957045_f040671f12_b_d.jpg

43755956815_dc6fface37_b_d.jpg

Thanks, Jack :thumbsup: it sure is early even for us :D Usually the snow doesn't stick until the first or second week of November.

It certainly seems early my friend :( We haven't had snow here, but I am concerned that we might go straight from summer into winter, I hope not :thumbsup:

My Ashley's Choice Lambsfoot showed up in my mailbox at work today sometime between 2 and 3pm. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool: I teach a class from 2:30-3:20, but today one of their activities was to leave the classroom and look for real world examples of a page of geometric concepts. While I was waiting for them to return, I ran down to check my mailbox, and there it was! :):thumbsup: I hoped to get some photos when I got home, but both sets of camera batteries are dead! :mad::( While they recharge, the best I can do is identify my knife in Jack's Ashley's Choice group shots. Mine is second from the top on the right in each photo, just above the knife with distinctive brownish color in both photos above. Color me happy! :):thumbsup::thumbsup::)

- GT

Glad it made it GT :) And look forward to seeing it again :) :thumbsup:

My Ashley’s Choice Lambsfoot arrived in today’s mail. All I can say is WOW! :D The wait and anticipation of the arrival were rewarded with a beautiful knife. The F&F is on par with any knife I own. The Sambar, while different from mark to pile sides has very closely matched colors. Jack and Ashley are both to be commended for the resulting knives. :thumbsup: A truly heirloom quality Lambsfoot. The light and shadows are not as good in my typical outdoor photo location this time of day. I couldn’t wait so here are a couple of hastily taken photos. I think you can get the idea of how beautiful this knife is. :)

Very nice indeed Ron :) By chance, I found Ron's AC sitting on my desk for a couple of days, and I thought it was pretty darn spectacular :) :thumbsup:

Mine from today :thumbsup:

Very nice indeed Ron :) By chance, I found Ron's AC sitting on my desk for a couple of days, and I thought it was pretty darn spectacular :) :thumbsup:

Mine from today :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack! ;) I like it a lot my friend! It will see plenty of pocket time probably, accompanying a slightly larger companion. They are all very nice Jack. I think mine may be almost as nice as your example Jack! :eek: Almost! :D

Beautiful Stag on that one, Ron! I don't think I've seen a bad AC Lambsfoot yet, very nicely done on Jack's and Wright's part.

Thought I'd give the pile side a little screen time today.

kV5oSab.jpg

Thank you Jack! ;) I like it a lot my friend! It will see plenty of pocket time probably, accompanying a slightly larger companion. They are all very nice Jack. I think mine may be almost as nice as your example Jack! :eek: Almost! :D

LOL! :D THanks Ron :) I think yours might be the cream of the crop. Looking forward to seeing more of it my friend :) :thumbsup:

Dinner tonight, sandwich tomorrow - sliced by my Guardian :thumbsup:
View attachment 984838
View attachment 984839

Bon appetit OG :thumbsup:

Beautiful Stag on that one, Ron! I don't think I've seen a bad AC Lambsfoot yet, very nicely done on Jack's and Wright's part.

kV5oSab.jpg

Thanks mate, another great pic :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians :) Friday's here - though I must confess I started the weekend early with some friends last night! ;) :D Still really struggling with my internet connection I'm afraid :( Here's a pic of the pile side of my AC from yesterday :thumbsup: Carrying it again today, along with my rosewood Big Un :) :thumbsup:

kV5oSab.jpg
Thanks Dylan! :) Your ACL is equally lovely on the pile side my friend! :thumbsup: :D

LOL! :D THanks Ron :) I think yours might be the cream of the crop. Looking forward to seeing more of it my friend :) :thumbsup:

Bon appetit OG :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, another great pic :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians :) Friday's here - though I must confess I started the weekend early with some friends last night! ;) :D Still really struggling with my internet connection I'm afraid :( Here's a pic of the pile side of my AC from yesterday :thumbsup: Carrying it again today, along with my rosewood Big Un :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack for the compliments and the opportunity to have such a special knife! Your ACL is equally attractive on the pile side my friend! :) Thanks for the info and all the historical paperwork photos! :thumbsup: :)

Here’s a photo of mine in the morning light. I couldn’t be more pleased. The mark side of my ACL may well be the best of any in my humble Sambar collection! :D

30803258798_b7df74aac2_b_d.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Jack for the compliments and the opportunity to have such a special knife! Your ACL is equally attractive on the pile side my friend! :) Thanks for the info and all the historical paperwork photos! :thumbsup: :)

Here’s a photo of mine in the morning light. I couldn’t be more pleased. The mark side of my ACL my well be the best of any in my humble Sambar collection! :D

30803258798_b7df74aac2_b_d.jpg

A pleasure Ron, and thank you my friend, that's another wonderful pic :) :thumbsup:

This is a knife I bought from Wright's a while back, after spotting it in the factory. It is their candle-end pattern, and the only one, of recent manufacture, I've seen with Sambar I think. The mark side stag is nice, but the stag on the pile side is even more impressive I think :thumbsup:

Back