Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Finally found a two blade version to add to my small collection of lamb foots. Built like a tank with smooth but solid walk and talk. By Taylor Eye Witness, Sheffield.

Untitled by Blake Blade, on FlickrUntitled by Blake Blade, on Flickr

27902390072_f76b494513.jpg
Such
Finally found a two blade version to add to my small collection of lamb foots. Built like a tank with smooth but solid walk and talk. By Taylor Eye Witness, Sheffield.

Beautiful knives. Fantastic jigging.

I don't know what one has to do to become a part of the Guardians. Whatever it is I'd be grateful to have the opportunity to become a member. Been trying to figure it out on my own but may die of old age before that happens. So please... enlighten me my friends.

I don't know what one has to do to become a part of the Guardians. Whatever it is I'd be grateful to have the opportunity to become a member. Been trying to figure it out on my own but may die of old age before that happens. So please... enlighten me my friends.
It’s really simple Dwight. :) If you own a Lambsfoot just post it here. If you don’t, that would be the first requirement. Then join in the discussion and participate in the thread when you can. We’re a likable bunch of gals and guys and we’ll be glad to have you in. ;) If you don’t have a Lambsfoot send me a PM and I’ll be glad to point you in the right direction! :thumbsup:

You will be very welcome in the hallowed halls of the Guardians my friend ;) :) :thumbsup:

It’s really simple Dwight. :) If you own a Lambsfoot just post it here. If you don’t, that would be the first requirement. Then join in the discussion and participate in the thread when you can. We’re a likable bunch of gals and guys and we’ll be glad to have you in. ;) If you don’t have a Lambsfoot send me a PM and I’ll be glad to point you in the right direction! :thumbsup:

Great stuff Guardian Ron :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just a quick post of a couple of pics of my Ashley's Choice Lambsfoot; IMHO it's glorious! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::)
View attachment 985375
View attachment 985376

- GT

Fantastic pics of your ACL GT, glad you're pleased with it :) :thumbsup:

Overcast here, but I'm hoping to get out for a short hike :) Hope everyone has a great weekend :thumbsup:

The duumvirate currently ruling my pockets! :D ;) :thumbsup:

It's a slippery slope, you may find the lambsfoot a very useful pattern and not be able to stop buying them ;) and that's not a bad thing:thumbsup:

You will be very welcome in the hallowed halls of the Guardians my friend ;) :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack. I am grateful and honored my friend.

It's a slippery slope, you may find the lambsfoot a very useful pattern and not be able to stop buying them ;) and that's not a bad thing
No doubt a truthful prophecy Rob! :eek: Alas...:D

When I went over to Wright's to pick up the ACL's the other week, John Maleham gave me a few treasures he had come across in the back of the cupboard that morning :)
Congrats on acquiring those archival artifacts, Jack!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Treasures for sure!

I had the 2018 Guardian's Lambsfoot with me yesterday.
42836609790_7c28eb497b_h.jpg
Your ebony and slip are handsome as ever, FBC! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What is that gizmo you're working on??

Another exquisite ebony Guardians lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Fine photo, Chin! :cool::cool:

My wee stag ,a generous giveaway by @JackBlack.Rarely leaves my pocket nowadays.
Classy stag model, @bonzodog ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That is beautiful. Planning to get one soon. Despite my wife asking "What are you gonna do with so many knives?" last night.
At least my wife never asks me that, since she has so many rooms in our house filled with fabric, quilting stuff, sewing machines, sergers, embroidery machines, yarn, craft books, etc. :eek::rolleyes:

Say it ain't so, Dave!! :eek::( Man, your post was a real shock to my system!!

LOL! Thanks GT :D :thumbsup: Thanks, you are having more luck with your pics than me :( Oh no! :eek: Hope you get your ACL OK today. Great pic of your Black Jack :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :) I was quite embarrassed that I'd sent you the wrong ZIP code at the end of my shipping address, but I later noticed you'd gotten into the spirit of mis-addressing: your return address on the package in which my Ashley's Choice eventually arrived ended with "USA" instead of the expected "England". :confused::D Continental drift, eh?? :p:thumbsup:;)

My Ashley’s Choice Lambsfoot arrived in today’s mail. All I can say is WOW! :D The wait and anticipation of the arrival were rewarded with a beautiful knife. The F&F is on par with any knife I own. The Sambar, while different from mark to pile sides has very closely matched colors. Jack and Ashley are both to be commended for the resulting knives. :thumbsup: A truly heirloom quality Lambsfoot. The light and shadows are not as good in my typical outdoor photo location this time of day. I couldn’t wait so here are a couple of hastily taken photos. I think you can get the idea of how beautiful this knife is. :)

43755957045_f040671f12_b_d.jpg

43755956815_dc6fface37_b_d.jpg
That looks definitely worth the wait, Ron; congrats!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thought I'd give the pile side a little screen time today.

kV5oSab.jpg
... Here's a pic of the pile side of my AC from yesterday :thumbsup: Carrying it again today, along with my rosewood Big Un :) :thumbsup:

This is a knife I bought from Wright's a while back, after spotting it in the factory. It is their candle-end pattern, and the only one, of recent manufacture, I've seen with Sambar I think. The mark side stag is nice, but the stag on the pile side is even more impressive I think :thumbsup:

The color and texture (reddish and gnarly) on all 3 pile side stag covers are sensational, Dylan & Jack!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Jack, that straight-backed stag lambsfoot is always a treat to see. :thumbsup::cool::)

Congrats on the two-blade TEW, Blake!! That is a high quality quartet of lambsfoots you've put together!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Yep a favourite of mine too...Wostenholm IXL. Its been up before but here's another look. :thumbsup:
Untitled by Blake Blade, on Flickr
Goodness gracious, that knife DOES excel, Blake; I can see why you gave it a solo star turn here!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Here's some examples from Thomas Turner (1902), I think look pretty good :)

Those do look pretty good, Jack; I guess you've only scratched the surface of lambsfootdom! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:;)

The Encyclopedia of Knives.View attachment 985109
That red bone model is a honey, Dave! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

It absolutely gleams!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Your to kind sir to kind :):thumbsup: Thank you for the kind words but you have to admit the stag on the Ashley's Choice is absolutely sublime. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new arrival :thumbsup:
As always these days this one, assisting me with pie duties. But I've just found out the tip is bent :mad: and I've not a clue how it's happened...:mad:
-David
The stag lambsfoots showing up here recently certainly are sublime, David; you'll get no argument from me! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: But variety has its appeal too, and your horn lambsfoot certainly contributes to the intriguing variety of models. :cool::cool::thumbsup: Bad luck about the bent tip. :(

That’s a niceun Gary! :thumbsup::)
Thank you, sir. :)

Fantastic pics of your ACL GT, glad you're pleased with it :) :thumbsup:
The duumvirate currently ruling my pockets! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comment, Jack. :) That pair goes well together, and I can see why it shows up frequently! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (I'm familiar with the words "triumvirate" and "monarchy", but until your post had me running for an online dictionary, I'd never heard or read "duumvirate" or "diarchy". :rolleyes::cool::thumbsup:)

The Ashley's choice knives are sure looking great everyone! :thumbsup:
Hopefully mine will arrive soon.
I hope so too, Rob; I'm sure you'll be very pleased when it's delivered! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Couple more pics of my recent stag arrival:
CJ.mark.closed.onside.jpg
CJ.pile.closed.onside.jpg

- GT

Seeing all of those Ashley's Choice Lambsfoots put me over (finally selling a knife I'd had on the block for awhile certainly helped, too!). Thankfully Jack still has some to spare. I sent him my order form a few minutes ago, so it won't be too long before I get to enjoy my first non modified lambsfoot!

Your ebony and slip are handsome as ever, FBC! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What is that gizmo you're working on??
Many thanks, GT. That is the motor for a Ferrari 312T model kit that I started more than 10 years ago. Thought it might be time I started working to finish it. :p:D
44646415231_e7c4ada4b2_h.jpg

cj-mark-closed-onside-jpg.985804

cj-pile-closed-onside-jpg.985815
Super lookin' AC! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Ashley's choice knives are sure looking great everyone! :thumbsup:
Hopefully mine will arrive soon.

Hope you're not waiting much longer Rob :) :thumbsup:

Congrats on acquiring those archival artifacts, Jack!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Treasures for sure!

Thanks my friend :)

Thanks, Jack. :) I was quite embarrassed that I'd sent you the wrong ZIP code at the end of my shipping address, but I later noticed you'd gotten into the spirit of mis-addressing: your return address on the package in which my Ashley's Choice eventually arrived ended with "USA" instead of the expected "England". :confused::D Continental drift, eh?? :p:thumbsup:;)

:eek: More likely cerebral drift, on my part, GT :rolleyes: I actually have multiple photos of everyone's packages to cover all eventualities! :D :thumbsup:

The color and texture (reddish and gnarly) on all 3 pile side stag covers are sensational, Dylan & Jack!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Jack, that straight-backed stag lambsfoot is always a treat to see. :thumbsup::cool::)

Thanks pal :thumbsup:

Those do look pretty good, Jack; I guess you've only scratched the surface of lambsfootdom! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:;)

Hopefully there'll be many more to come :)

Thanks for the comment, Jack. :) That pair goes well together, and I can see why it shows up frequently! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (I'm familiar with the words "triumvirate" and "monarchy", but until your post had me running for an online dictionary, I'd never heard or read "duumvirate" or "diarchy". :rolleyes::cool::thumbsup:)

Certainly not words you see every day, but this is the Guardians thread after all! :D ;) :thumbsup:

View attachment 985804
View attachment 985815

- GT[/QUOTE]

Beautiful Gary, hope you're enjoying carrying it :) I thought I'd spare you having to use a bubble-wrap slip again! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Here's a couple of pics of my duumvirate from yesterday ;)

I'm actually carrying my ebony '18 today though. Hope everyone is having a good weekend, and have a great Sunday :) :thumbsup:

2018 Ebony Guardians Lambsfoot 25-3.JPG

David, we've even had snow overnight in July! Yes its normal, but it should snow then melt the next day. This is abnormal, sounds like our temps are running around
- 4° to +5° for the next week. :thumbsdown: our average should be +17° :(

Crikey that's quite a difference. Were have a cold September here so far. Sept' can usually be quite a glorious month here but were I live it's been as low 11c with brisk northerly winds. More like October.

Thank you, David.
Sorry to hear about the tip on your Lambsfoot, I hope it isn't too bad.
The pint and pie that is accompanying your knife look reeeeeal good to me right now.

LOL! Jack sends English Lambsfoot knives. Maybe I should start sending English pie and beer. :D
Yip not a clue how the tip bent; I may have to ask advice off you fine fellows about rectifying it.
In the meantime I'll enjoy an English sausage butty :thumbsup:

ZHpvLZ6.jpg

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday planned.

-David.

Crikey that's quite a difference. Were have a cold September here so far. Sept' can usually be quite a glorious month here but were I live it's been as low 11c with brisk northerly winds. More like October.

LOL! Jack sends English Lambsfoot knives. Maybe I should start sending English pie and beer. :D
Yip not a clue how the tip bent; I may have to ask advice off you fine fellows about rectifying it.
In the meantime I'll enjoy an English sausage butty :thumbsup:

ZHpvLZ6.jpg

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday planned.

-David.

Definitely more like October than September here too David :( I've just remembered I bought one of those pocket anemometers last year, have to find it out! :D :thumbsup:

That looks like a good start to the day my friend, I'm rather busy here, and running a bit behind, but hope I'll get to have my Sunday Sausage Sandwich soon ;) :thumbsup:

Is the tip bent to one side David? I sometimes come across knives like that on flea-markets. I usually just put the tip between a couple of 2p or 10p coins and steadily tighten it up in a vice :thumbsup:

Morning Jack you ok? Yip a great way to fire off my Sunday. Maybe a rhubarb crumble later as well :cool:Especially if the weather lives up to the forecast.
It's a mystery Jack. It's as if the tip as spontaneously warped, which I'm sure is impossible? It was fine on Thursday and on Friday morning, it lived in my pocket all day Friday, but as I'd used it on various foods on Friday I cleaned it when I got home on in the evening and found the last 1/16th inch bent to the side. Exactly as if someone had used it to pry something. :oops:
Thanks for the advice, I was thinking of using a 'G' clamp to see if that would straighten it (but without applying any pressure to the handle).

Hope you get less busy and find that sausage sandwich :thumbsup:

-David.

Back