Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I have a tradition of naming my lambsfoot knives, and I'm here to announce what (and why) I've named my Ashley's Choice stag lambsfoot. :)

The pile side shows off some popcorn stag, while the mark side has a smoother texture and richly-colored caramel tint.
CJ.stag.closeup.pile.jpg
CJ.mark.slipfront.jpg

Furthermore, this AC Lambsfoot is my smallest lambsfoot. I measure it to be 3 3/8" closed, which is a half inch longer than a Case Peanut, but I still think of this ACL as my lambsfoot "peanut" in terms of relative size.

So, caramel popcorn and peanuts ... My choice is quite obvious! ;)
I present my Cracker Jack!
CJ.pile.Vopen.arbor.jpg

Etymologically speaking, this is also a fitting name, since the name of the snack apparently came from an early taste tester who declared the treat to be "crackerjack", a word whose meaning is presented by Merriam-Webster:
crackerjack
noun

crack·er·jack | \ ˈkra-kər-ˌjak \
variants: or less commonly crackajack \ˈkra-kə-ˌjak \
Definition of Crackerjack
(Entry 1 of 2)

: a person or thing of marked excellence

And let me tell you, Guardians, this knife is definitely of marked excellence! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup::D

So here are the names of the lambsfoots in my flock today:
2018 ebony Guardians lambsfoot: Black Jack
Ashley's Choice stag lambsfoot: Cracker Jack
2017 buffalo horn Guardians lambsfoot: Lam Jack
Taylor-Schrade 19OT: Lamb Shark
Stag Senator: Man Jack
Rosewood lambsfoot my family bought for me in York hardware store: Union Jack

- GT

My AC wee stag arrived today and it was well worth the wait:eek::eek: Awesome stag ! Fit and finish is excellent too ! I couldn't be happier:) :) Thank you Jack for bringing us these great little knives ! Please thank Ashley, he's the man :thumbsup::thumbsup:
OuhTaFH.jpg

omOkTxe.jpg

Nice one!

He carried a pocket knife, of course, Barrett :) Maybe it is even in one of the local museums? An old friend of my dad's rode a Brough Superior into his nineties :) :thumbsup:

He's a tough one, that lad, can't ride his bike at the moment though unfortunately :(

I'm not going to count my chickens on the next Guardians knife, we'll see how it goes! :D Ashley is young and enthusiast, and talented :) He also likes motorbikes :thumbsup:

Here's a thread from a few years ago about Lawrence's knife.

That’s a beautiful Ashley’s Choice Barrett! I love the warm caramel colors! A great choice! :thumbsup: :)

------

Today I’m carrying my 2018 Guardians Ebony. Every time I handle this knife I am amazed at the beauty of the Ebony and the overall craftsmanship! :D

29843525047_fda5979450_b_d.jpg

Thanks, Ron! I definitely think I got a good one. I love the warm colors. :thumbsup:

Your Ebony Guardian's Lambsfoot is looking good! :cool:

cj-pile-vopen-arbor-jpg.988509
Gary if you’re not careful someone is going to accuse you of being all Jacked Up! ;) :D

Thanks Ron! I'll enjoy it very much :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: :)

Thanks, Ron! I definitely think I got a good one. I love the warm colors. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment on my 2018 Ebony! :) You definitely got a good one! :thumbsup: :)

This wee Sambar is not Ashley’s, but I think it’s still Choice! :D

39523218435_f877689264_b_d.jpg

Beautiful pics too Dave :) I hope we get a few days like that too. So far, we have gone from a glorious summer straight into some wet, windy, and fairly cold weather :( Incidentally, do you say 'Autumn' in Canada, as we do here in England? I have always thought that 'Fall' was a lovely use of English, and wish it was still used here, as it was originally. I believe that both Autumn and Fall crossed the Atlantic, but Fall appears to have quickly found favour :) :thumbsup:

My AC wee stag arrived today and it was well worth the wait:eek::eek: Awesome stag ! Fit and finish is excellent too ! I couldn't be happier:) :) Thank you Jack for bringing us these great little knives ! Please thank Ashley, he's the man :thumbsup::thumbsup:
OuhTaFH.jpg

omOkTxe.jpg

Glad it made it safe and sound Rob, that's lovely :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful scenery Dave you lucky dawg... 95 degrees here and like breathing under water.

Hope things cool down for you soon my friend :thumbsup:

I have a tradition of naming my lambsfoot knives, and I'm here to announce what (and why) I've named my Ashley's Choice stag lambsfoot. :)

The pile side shows off some popcorn stag, while the mark side has a smoother texture and richly-colored caramel tint.
View attachment 988507
View attachment 988508

Furthermore, this AC Lambsfoot is my smallest lambsfoot. I measure it to be 3 3/8" closed, which is a half inch longer than a Case Peanut, but I still think of this ACL as my lambsfoot "peanut" in terms of relative size.

View attachment 988509

Etymologically speaking, this is also a fitting name, since the name of the snack apparently came from an early taste tester who declared the treat to be "crackerjack", a word whose meaning is presented by Merriam-Webster:
crackerjack
noun

crack·er·jack | \ ˈkra-kər-ˌjak \
variants: or less commonly crackajack \ˈkra-kə-ˌjak \
Definition of Crackerjack
(Entry 1 of 2)

: a person or thing of marked excellence

And let me tell you, Guardians, this knife is definitely of marked excellence! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup::D

So here are the names of the lambsfoots in my flock today:
2018 ebony Guardians lambsfoot: Black Jack
Ashley's Choice stag lambsfoot: Cracker Jack
2017 buffalo horn Guardians lambsfoot: Lam Jack
Taylor-Schrade 19OT: Lamb Shark
Stag Senator: Man Jack
Rosewood lambsfoot my family bought for me in York hardware store: Union Jack

- GT

Great name, an excellent post, and a splendid knife GT :) :thumbsup:

Great to see Betty Kevin :) :thumbsup:

Good link Barrett :thumbsup:

This wee Sambar is not Ashley’s, but I think it’s still Choice! :D

39523218435_f877689264_b_d.jpg

It certainly is Ron :) :thumbsup:

OOPS. TEL's knife wasn't a lambsfoot.

What was he thinking??!!! :confused: o_O :D

Still struggling with my internet connection I'm afraid :( It really is frustrating ( been trying to post for ages) o_O

Found myself carrying these two today :) :thumbsup:

Hope things cool down for you soon my friend
Thank you Jack. I do envy you your UK weather. My favorite climate has always been cool and wet. Dark cloudy stormy gloomy overcast... Sheffield or Seattle... :D That puts me in the minority but I am eccentric to the herd in most ways anyway.
I am super excited about the lambs that are on the way!!!

Thank you Jack. I do envy you your UK weather. My favorite climate has always been cool and wet. Dark cloudy stormy gloomy overcast... Sheffield or Seattle... :D That puts me in the minority but I am eccentric to the herd in most ways anyway.
I am super excited about the lambs that are on the way!!!

I bumped into a guy visiting here from Arizona during our uncharacteristically warm summer, and he was saying he was disappointed by the weather, and had been hoping for a fortnight of rain! :D

I hope they reach you soon my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! :) Your Ebony '18 Guardian is looking very well loved my friend and it appears that Ashley is hitting the rails today! :eek::D

Thanks my friend, I really am enjoying carrying both of these :) Might have to lock them away in a closet or something soon, or my other LF knives are going to be jealous! :D :thumbsup:

Beautiful pics too Dave :) I hope we get a few days like that too. So far, we have gone from a glorious summer straight into some wet, windy, and fairly cold weather :( Incidentally, do you say 'Autumn' in Canada, as we do here in England? I have always thought that 'Fall' was a lovely use of English, and wish it was still used here, as it was originally. I believe that both Autumn and Fall crossed the Atlantic, but Fall appears to have quickly found favour :) :thumbsup:
Yes, both Fall and Autumn are used here, but I think Autumn is considered the more "formal" term. It was in the mid 90s (Fahrenheit) yesterday; I'm pining for Fall!

Jack we generally use fall, I only used "Autumn" because it sounded more sophisticated. :p:p:p

Yes, both Fall and Autumn are used here, but I think Autumn is considered the more "formal" term. It was in the mid 90s (Fahrenheit) yesterday; I'm pining for Fall!

Really, I never realised that Rachel :) You get a long summer there in Texas, I can see why you're looking forward to some cooler weather :thumbsup:

Really, I never realised that Rachel :) You get a long summer there in Texas, I can see why you're looking forward to some cooler weather :thumbsup:
Fall begins Saturday, but it will feel like summer for several more weeks, I am afraid. According to my weather app, it's 85 degrees F (10:00 am) and "feels like 98". Expected high of 90. (32.22 C).

Fall begins Saturday, but it will feel like summer for several more weeks, I am afraid. According to my weather app, it's 85 degrees F (10:00 am) and "feels like 98". Expected high of 90. (32.22 C).

Wish I could send you a cool breeze my friend :) Cold, wet, and windy here :( I'm hoping we don't just bypass Autumn, and go straight into Winter! o_O

View attachment 988812
Really enjoying this Lambsfoot. Thanks Jack Black Jack Black for being an ambassador for a great pattern!

I'm glad you're enjoying it Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Back